• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: 76ers at Hawks

lethalweapon3

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Dude Cam issue is three fold.

1. His body is never even on any shot outside of that one dribble off of movement shot he takes where he looks like McGrady. Other than that, he is all over the place. His body looks sped up. He is never set. He throws everything off. 

2. He doesn't look like he is trying to make some of his shots. It looks like he is shooting because he has too. It's throwing everything off. He needs to shoot every shoot like Trae or Bembry does. Full of confidence. No f*cks given. Ready to fire. 

3. I think his vision is an issue. I need more data but his misses look so bad when you see his excellent footwork and rotation of his shot. It don't make sense. Cam doesn't have the issue guys like Leonard, to a worse exent Ball and much worse MKG had. But what he has is also damning. I am not sure if he can quickly fix it but I hope he can. 

Shaq bro, SHAQ?

Ok I like this post a lot.

1. Agree his body is off almost as he is trying to make the shot look aesthetically appealing to the eye 👁.  I almost feel like he feels squaring up and taking a regular shot is too easy? I mean if that’s the case, make a few first, get the confidence up then then into Tmac/Ray Allen. 

2. Agree he needs I let fly but not every time. He needs to pick his spots but overall let the natural instincts take over. Like when you drive a car and sometimes space out and not know how you got from point A to B but the motor skills take over, let your bball muscle memory take over and make the right play. Again we are a developing team trying to take the necessary steps without skipping steps. 

3. Outside of the balance and overthinking it, Cam already has one of the sweetest strokes in the game. The rotation is like he’s a natural. It’s a thing of beauty. Having said that, even the best of shooter struggled coming into the league, we’ve played 3 games, let chill and enjoy the show.

CAM IS NOT MARVIN. Honestly, the game comes way to easy to Cam and it’s almost like he can’t make the “simple play” because he’s too cool for school. Vince Carter needs to get in his ear 👂🏽, that’s the main reason we brought Vince back is so mentoring like this. Let’s get it.

• Like 2

Man. You guys are extra sensitive about Cam. That's clearly a sign of apprehension about his game.

I hope he plays well offensively tonight and shows a little more than he has so far.  Maybe get out on the break for an easy dunk or maybe knock down a three or two.

If LP has to send Cam down to College Park in a few weeks to find his niche offensively, that may do him some good.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Man. You guys are extra sensitive about Cam. That's clearly a sign of apprehension about his game.

I hope he plays well offensively tonight and shows a little more than he has so far.  Maybe get out on the break for an easy dunk or maybe knock down a three or two.

If LP has to send Cam down to College Park in a few weeks to find his niche offensively, that may do him some good.

You sound silly right now, I don't stick with players who I think aren't that dude. You see how quick I dropped Dennis, Prince, Bebe and Edy. If I don't see it, I move on and say, he didn't show what I needed to see.

If I defend you like I did for Horford and Trae. That means I think higher of you than the norm until for some, it becomes the norm. There is few people I really like who have been members of the Hawk. 

Pistol Pete 

Nique

Deke

Mookie

Horford

Trae

Hunter 

And Reddish. 

If I am vouching for you, it's cause I believe in your game and can project what you do as valuable. 

I liked guys like Iso Joe, Smitty and Sap but I wasn't in love with em

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

You see how quick I dropped Dennis, Prince, Bebe and Edy. If I don't see it, I move on and say, he didn't show what I needed to see.

Really? You make it sound like you dropped them after 3 games. Just stop.

You were begging for Dennis to start as a rookie over Teague so it took you almost 3 years to move on from Dennis, same for Taurean and you did that because as you put it the 'personnel around them changed'. Bebe never played an NBA game for us and Edy was big but too slow for the NBA game, everyone else saw that.

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Really? You make it sound like you dropped them after 3 games. Just stop.

You were begging for Dennis to start as a rookie over Teague so it took you almost 3 years to move on from Dennis, same for Taurean and you did that because as you put it the 'personnel around them changed'. Bebe never played an NBA game for us and Edy was big but too slow for the NBA game, everyone else saw that.

I dropped Edy as soon as he played a NBA game (preseason). I saw he wasn't going to be the Portuguese speaking Gobert and was done. Another player I liked due to something other than the NBA. Remember, I used to watch his Gran Canaria games.  

Dropped Dennis and Prince as soon as I seen them in the NBA. I only liked them due to their good SL's. I care too much for them as prospects beforehand. 

I have extremely low patience, if I don't see it, I move on. With Cam I see it. With Trae, I saw it. Even go back to those November threads, you can see I saw it even if he was ass. 

With Horford and Hunter, it was clear as day. 

Greatness can easily spot greatness. 

9 hours ago, Thomas said:

Feel like Bruno will be the second round steal possibly on the level of Dennis Rodman drafted by Detroit. Took Rodman a bit but man oh man. Not suggesting we have that level of defensive juggernaut with Bruno but definitely will be viewed as a big time steal for us down the road. Hope we get well over a decade with him on our roster.

I can already say that I was completely wrong about Bruno. I felt he would/should be in G-League...he lacked the skills and would foul out in 10 minutes if left on the court with the real players:( So I definitely have no ability to scout players...

All that said, I do think he is looking like an incredibly high upside player who will be a steal from the 2nd round if he harnessing the work ethic of Trae!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, REHawksFan said:

Collins went 1-4 from the line vs Orlando but is 4-5 otherwise on the season.   He was 76% from the line last year.  How is that not a good FT shooter? 

Sorry, I don’t want to have to rely on him to make important free throws.

He is best suited as a 3rd scorer where there isn’t much pressure on him.