• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Players I like fit wise for us (Lottery)

NBASupes

1. James Wiseman

Wiseman is the only center I have with a 1st round grade in his class for now. He is so much better than the others at his position in this class. If you miss on him, you might as well pass on the position for the rest of the draft. 

2. Jaden McDaniels

The ole saying, you can never have too many wings is true. I think McDaniels is a player I am watching and I like him so far. He will take time but the Hawks don't mind doing that. 

3. Deni Avdija

I like Deni as a prospect. High BBIQ, great passing skills, PDS, projectable 3. I can see a really good offensive player in Avdija. I feel like he is more of a 4 at this time but he can play multiple positions offensively and he is a haul to deal with. https://www.thestepien.com/2019/11/16/deni-avdija-scouting-report/

4. Onyeka Okongwu

While some see him as a 5, I see him more as a 4 at this stage. He is everything you want from a two way movement 4 that hasn't expanded his range. 245. Long arms. Explosive. Great feel for the game. High BBIQ. Elite motor. 82% FT shooter on a massive volume. Versatile enough to play both the 4 and 5. His center sets him up with a lot of good looks who got some Vooch in him. 

5. Isaiah Joe 

I personally think he is as close to Reggie Miller as we seen since. Can never get enough wings who can PDS, especially ones as good as Joe. 

My #1 prospect is Anthony Edwards. If he is available, you take him but I didn't want to waste keys on a player who I think is clearly #1. https://www.thestepien.com/2019/11/13/draft-notes-anthony-edwards-good/#

This maybe another eye of the beholder class outside of the top 2 with for me is Edwards and Wiseman. This is best and deepest PG class since 2009 so I wouldn't mind going PG with Brooklyn's pick. 

My top 4 has changed.

1. Anthony Edwards (combo guard) - I belive it'll take getting top three pick to select him.  To me, he's number one overall. He has potential to be a two way beast in the league.  Atl kid playing for the Hawks what more could you ask for!

2. James Wiseman  - Fits a position of need and he'll be a great defensive anchor.

3. Killian Hayes  (Combo Guard)-If we go with James, Killian Hayes would be a great pick with the nets pick.  6'4" - 6'6" point guard/Combo guard with great vision and his shooting has improved this year. I believe he's playing in Germany this year. 

4. Lamelo Ball - His vision and passing is something to be hold.  The rest of his game needs to catch up, especially his shooting.  He'd be great for the Hawks second until.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 3

I like Isaiah Joe a lot if you think he can be a 3/D. He might rise but if the Brooklyn pick conveys, I think it's more likely he's available around there.

Even if not, I'd take him. More shooting looks sorely needed.

It wouldn't surprise me if the Hawks are firmly in the lottery, honestly. The schedule is so brutal early and the players missing are so important that I don't think this gets better for a while. I think you see a similar turn near the end of 2019, and it wouldn't surprise me if you do wind up upper 20s-low 30s in wins. If I made an in stone prediction, it'd have been 35 wins, and that was before the Collins/Huerter things came up.

Still a way to go though and with the lottery odds we're not really going to know until the drawing.

Edited by Lurker
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Thanks for this.  I know almost no one in next year's draft class.  What's would Nnaji's NBA position be?

4/5 split like JJJ. 4 early in his career and a 5 as he gets stronger. Nnaji lacks great length but makes up for it in explosiveness and awareness. He will be a project but he's someone who can really help you on offense a lot. Looks like a 20+ scorer who can really play and really shoot. Has some PDS qualities as well.

Wiseman is the only NBA ready prospect at the 5 that I see in this class for now. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Lurker said:

I like Isaiah Joe a lot if you think he can be a 3/D. He might rise but if the Brooklyn pick conveys, I think it's more likely he's available around there.

Even if not, I'd take him. More shooting looks sorely needed.

It wouldn't surprise me if the Hawks are firmly in the lottery, honestly. The schedule is so brutal early and the players missing are so important that I don't think this gets better for a while. I think you see a similar turn near the end of 2019, and it wouldn't surprise me if you do wind up upper 20s-low 30s in wins. If I made an in stone prediction, it'd have been 35 wins, and that was before the Collins/Huerter things came up.

Still a way to go though and with the lottery odds we're not really going to know until the drawing.

I think Joe will go anywhere from 8-13. Rip Hamilton, Reggie Miller, Klay Thompson are players he is favorable to. I have trouble seeing him not go in the lottery. Guys like him will appear on all mocks by conference play as usual. Teams like to them v. the top competition. 

While I don't think the Hawks will finish where we are at now which is dead last, I do think we are firmly locked into the lottery. It will be really hard to make up so much ground with Collins. I also think Brooklyn will make the playoffs. They are a 6-8 seed lock if fairly healthy. 

Mostly unrelated most likely but...

Sahvir Wheeler is going to have to start for Georgia from here on out and learn quickly, or hoo boy, you're going to learn absolutely nothing from scouting Anthony Edwards and he's going to end up dropping a few spots in the lottery, if not worse (going Malik Newman to an extent). Wheeler is the only guy that truly has the ability to distribute on the team, Edwards looks like a combo at the most and definitely a very young Oladipo or slightly bigger Mitchell.

The start to the game without Wheeler in was about as ugly as could be and the only moments you're really going to see come with Wheeler in if you look at the video.

I'm even going to transfer this to realgm later today.

10 hours ago, marco102 said:

@NBASupes Man, I don't know.  LaMelo is a special passer.  IF he were drafted, I think we'd move Trae off the ball since Trae is a better shooter.

I love LaMelo as a starting PG and I think he will make a team happy like Trae is doing for us. Sadly, you can't have two QB's who are exclusively QB's. If we somehow got the #3 pick and Ball was available, we need to move down or try to move up. 

7 hours ago, Lurker said:

Mostly unrelated most likely but...

Sahvir Wheeler is going to have to start for Georgia from here on out and learn quickly, or hoo boy, you're going to learn absolutely nothing from scouting Anthony Edwards and he's going to end up dropping a few spots in the lottery, if not worse (going Malik Newman to an extent). Wheeler is the only guy that truly has the ability to distribute on the team, Edwards looks like a combo at the most and definitely a very young Oladipo or slightly bigger Mitchell.

The start to the game without Wheeler in was about as ugly as could be and the only moments you're really going to see come with Wheeler in if you look at the video.

I'm even going to transfer this to realgm later today.

Edwards is not a PG. He is SG all day. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Blunt91 said:

No love for Vernon Carey? and what about R.J. Hampton with the Brooklyn pick if it conveys and if we do not trade it away.,

I have no love for Carey as a NBA prospect. 6'9 w/o shoes, 7ft wingspan but not athletic doesn't really work in the NBA. I remember Celeb Swanigan dominance in the NCAA's and we see what happened with him. 

I think Hampton will be a good NBA player. I think he is worth a lottery pick and if you can get him with Brooklyn's pick, do it! 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Trae has shown zero ability to play off the ball as of yet.

He's shown some ability off the ball. If we had the right players around him, I'm sure we'd see more movement.  I didn't mean completely pull Trae off the ball, just Lamelo would give another legitimate playmaking option and when they share the court, Trae could move off ball more. 

I'd also like to add that my top 1a. is Anthony Edwards, 1b. Lamelo Ball 1c.  is James Wiseman for the Hawks.

1 hour ago, marco102 said:

He's shown some ability off the ball. If we had the right players around him, I'm sure we'd see more movement.  I didn't mean completely pull Trae off the ball, just Lamelo would give another legitimate playmaking option and when they share the court, Trae could move off ball more. 

I'd also like to add that my top 1a. is Anthony Edwards, 1b. Lamelo Ball 1c.  is James Wiseman for the Hawks.

I love the idea of two elite playmakers, but Trae adapting to that is no sure thing.