• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Pacers

lethalweapon3

33 minutes ago, LK6969 said:

It really isn't excusable at this point. this is yet ANOTHER game we should've won.

Past 9 games we have about 4-5 that we could've WON if it wasn't for LP. Dead ass go check it.

LP is the reason we won't make the playoffs this season.

We are a playoff team with Trae Young. Yes we are depleted but we are pretty talented still and can compete with top teams in the East. The problem is LP doesn't utilize his team effectively and lineups effectively and doesn't understand his players at all and how to use them properly.

He's not good folks. NOT GOOD. I've been screaming this for the past 10 games and I will continue to do so.
Hopefully the moron Hawks Staffer that lurks on this forum will spread the word. 

LP if you need help I can HELP YOU DUDE. I'll sit on the bench and advise you on lineups. Not a problem man. Just HIT ME UP.

I want the hawks to win. You and your staff clearly aren't up to the task. 

Perhaps he was hired to drive the tank for a few years?

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

I get their defense but the expectation from a #4 pick offensively particularly for a team that needs it is disappointing so far.

Cam just can't seem to shoot his wide open shots, he's weak driving and makes every drive and attempt to finish more difficult than it needs to be.

You must remember, these are NBA rookies. It's extremely rare to see rookies who play good defense as wings who are offensively even below average. Most struggle severely at it. Even some of the guys who eventually became two way like LeBron was an awful defender as a rookie outside of playing the passing lanes.

I tend to give those two more leeway just due to their defense as being rookies. 

Cam being shot ready is going to be a big goal for the rest of the season and offseason. Also, he has to consistently play before he gets the ball as if he got the ball. Sometimes he gets the ball and react and that's not gonna work in the NBA.

He plays like a HS player honestly on offense but he does more than most of them in terms of creation for others and movement off the ball. 

His offseason will be one for the ages as well as his now.

I expect Hunter to come into form by December. He is still adjusting to the league. 

Bruno had a really good 1st half but the 2nd half was a struggle for him as it was for most of our guys.

2 minutes ago, terrell said:

Based off of what?

He is basically saying since I will be there, Cam will ball out

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Hunter and Cam have been disappointments, sorry. Hunter has been ok, but for all we gave up he has not lived up to the billing. And Cam has one of the lowest shooting %'s in the NBA, dude just doesn't have it.

Forced into roles they werent ready for... Hopefully it pays off in the end..

13 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I get their defense but the expectation from a #4 pick offensively particularly for a team that needs it is disappointing so far.

Cam just can't seem to shoot his wide open shots, he's weak driving and makes every drive and attempt to finish more difficult than it needs to be.

I have to agree. If we just wanted defense, why not just take Hayes, Clarke, and THybulle? I like HUnter btw. JUst sayin

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, terrell said:

Forced into roles they werent ready for... Hopefully it pays off in the end..

Serious question. Besides Cam Reddish, are there any other players in the NBA that have attempted at least 100 shots and are shooting below 30% from the field?

Edited by bleachkit

1 minute ago, terrell said:

I have to agree. If we just wanted defense, why not just take Hayes, Clarke, and THybulle? I like HUnter btw. JUst sayin

Good question honestly? Since Cam is a 5 on offense and Matisse is better than that and he is better on defense than Cam. Simply because of Cam overall skill-set. That's the difference. Matisse is what he is on offense. He might become a better shooter and maybe in time become a 3/D. While Cam has high end two way potential but he is nowhere near as polished as a prospect now that he is in the NBA.

It's all about potential. Based on potential, I wouldn't have let Cam fall out of the top 5. Based on his now, he likely isn't even a top 25-30 rookie right now even while playing excellent defense. That said, the Hawks don't have to have him be a star right now. His potential is what Atlanta is gambling on

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Serious question. Besides Cam Reddish, are there any other players in the NBA that have attempted at least 100 shots and are shooting below 30% from the field?

If you want to see Cam a certain way, you are free to do so. Just shut the f*** up and don't stan him when he balling out. If you know the guy is really bad at finishing and shooting, what do you think his percentages will be? In the 60s? 

Give him some time, the kid defense alone tells you we are in a decent spot plus his awareness, court vision and ability to play the PnR and create for others. Let's count out the 6'9 kid who moves like a 6'3 kid. Smart move genius 

Edited by NBASupes

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

If you want to see Cam a certain way, you are free to do so. Just shut the f*** up and don't stan him when he balling out. If you know the guy is bad finishing and shooting, what do you think his percentages will be? In the 60s? 

Give him some time, the kid defense alone tells you we are in a decent spot plus his awareness, court vision and ability to play the PnR and create for others. Let's count out the 6'9 kid who moves like a 6'3 kid. Smart move genius 

Attack me all you want. I'm asking a fair question. I will ask it again. Are there any other players in the NBA that are shooting below 30% on at least 100 FG attempts?

• Like 1

Just now, bleachkit said:

Attack me all you want. I'm asking a fair question. I will ask it again. Are there any other players in the NBA that are shooting below 30% on at least 100 FG attempts?

Dear dumbass, 

The kid is 6'9 moving like a 6'3 kid. 

His ball handling without traffic has gotten pretty good.

His awareness on both ends is high

He attacks the boards well for a 2

His vision is pretty good.

His PnR actions are pretty good.

His defense is excellent. 

Why the f*** do you want to continue talking about the shit we all know his ass needs to work on? We been talking about this for damn near an entire f***ing month if not two months. It's not gonna go away that easy. As I mentioned in the previous threads, some of his issues will take at least work this season and an offseason to at least improve. Kinda like Lamar Jackson throws as a rookie to his Sophomore year. 

Keep counting this f***ing kid out man. Your lost because you can't see the forest from the trees.

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I would venture a guess and say NO....as it stands I may even hazzard a guess that he's on pace for worse ever. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Dear dumbass, 

The kid is 6'9 moving like a 6'3 kid. 

His ball handling without traffic has gotten pretty good.

His awareness on both ends is high

He attacks the boards well for a 2

His vision is pretty good.

His PnR actions are pretty good.

His defense is excellent. 

Why the f*** do you want to continue talking about the shit we all know his ass needs to work on? We been talking about this for damn near an entire f***ing month if not two months. It's not gonna go away that easy. As I mentioned in the previous threads, some of his issues will take at least work this season and an offseason to at least improve. Kinda like Lamar Jackson throws as a rookie to his Sophomore year. 

Keep counting this f***ing kid out man. Your lost because you can't see the forest from the trees.

I hope you're right.

• Thanks 1

Just now, bleachkit said:

Why is it so hard to look up the worst FG %'s in the NBA? ESPN and NBA.com do not list them in their stats.

Basketball-Reference is good for finding stuff like that. Go to the Play Index -> season finder -> and then pick your season(s) and put FG% <= .300 or whatever. Poole, Cam, and Belinelli are the 3 guys shooting under 30% with 100+ FGA.