• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

So what Coach then ?

EazyRoc

So, I know there’s a lot of people around here who feel this team would perform better with a different coach. 

Who would some of you all like to see (even if seemingly impossible), what type of impact do you think he would have on W/Ls, why do you want him/how do you think he’d help ?

• Thanks 1

I mean, Who do you want? I'm not for firing the coach unless there are signs of incompetence. CLP seems plenty competent to me. Some of his line-ups are peculiar, but when you're losing you gotta try different things, mix it up. This season has been disappointing, but CLP is the not the reason why. 

• Like 4

• Premium Member

Losing 2 of top 3 players for an extended part of the season while having the NBA's strongest strength of schedule during that period is a challenge no coach in the NBA could deal with IMHO, no matter how deep the team is. If you just took Lebron away from the Lakers for a 25 game suspension before their 6th game most likely even they would have a losing record at this point.

• Like 4

Kevin ain't better than Hunter. Hunter is miles better on defense and has more scoring ability than Kevin. He is just way too inconsistent 

Kevin is becoming the most overrated Hawk by a mile. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Kevin ain't better than Hunter. Hunter is miles better on defense and has more scoring ability than Kevin. He is just way too inconsistent 

Correct, Heurter is no stud by any means.  But him being out means more minutes for our scrubs which really hurts the team.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Consistency is part of being better.  Until he gets consistent he ain't better. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

I'll save this post for when Kevin goes off. Likewise, if Cam goes off you can pull up my old posts. But Hunter will be solid, he's virtually bust proof with his well rounded game.

• Premium Member
23 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I'll save this post for when Kevin goes off. Likewise, if Cam goes off you can pull up my old posts. But Hunter will be solid, he's virtually bust proof with his well rounded game.

I think its safe to say both Kevin and Hunter have much room for improvement from a solid base.. Cam has more to prove.

• Like 4

Speaking of scrubs I had forgotten why I disliked Evan Turner so much. Last night was an example. He misses bunnies, he misses flat jumpers from the ft line... he dribbles in a 360 around himself and doesn’t go anywhere or do anything. 

Im sorry I don’t give him a pass and never will. He is a vet that doesn’t seem to work on his game to change it or improve it to fit today’s game. Can’t wait till we attach him in a trade in the 7 or 8 months.

Sorry this rant was for the above posts of having Huerter out and the effect it’s having on us as a unit.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This! So much this. It's the domino effect.

Domino effect is exactly what I was thinking.  Heurter had the learning curve Hunter is now going through.  Talk about thrown into the fire. It wasn't supposed to happen like this those guys were going to get eased in the rotation.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
Just now, turnermx said:

Domino effect is exactly what I was thinking.  Heurter had the learning curve Hunter is now going through.  Talk about thrown into the fire. It wasn't supposed to happen like this those guys were going to get eased in the rotation.

Hunter's offensive responsibility would have been less sandwiched between a healthy Huerter and an unsuspended John Collins. He could really focus on defense and hitting his open 3s while slowly incorporating the rest of his offensive repertoire. 

• Like 4

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Hunter and Cam should be the 4th and 5th options as far as impact players go (and you can make a case for 5th and 6th options).

Should be;

Trae

Bonehead

Jabari off the bench

Kev

Capable C

Hunter

Cam

Then guys like D. Jones, Bruno, and Bembry as backups and guys like Vince, Crabbe, and Turner as bit role bench players.

BUT.....instead we have no Bonehead (his own fault), No Kev (Olaf from Denver fault), and No Center (Schlenk's fault) and so we have Hunter as the 3rd option and Cam as the 4th option for an impact player.  More than that though, now guys like Vince and Bembry are being asked to be 4th and 5th options when they should be WAAAAAAY down the list role players.  

There's nothing LP can realistically do until he gets Bonehead and Kev back, a legit C and the rookies grow up.       

Olaf :hehe:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2