• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trae Young - 2020 All-Star Starter

NBASupes

• Premium Member

I think Trae going first didn’t help him much. Kind of related, I would like to see him pull a random dunk like Korver did that one (or two) times. I’m sure he is working on it..

1 hour ago, High5 said:

You called him an inefficient chucker when his .599 TS% makes him one of the most efficient volume scorers in the league. He's also shooting .476 on his catch and shoot 3's, which is nearly the best in the league. I know you have never let numbers and facts get in the way of your desire to complain, but there they are. 

He shoots 44% from the field and 36-37% in 3’s.

Which isn’t terrible, but not great or elite or anything.

But continue to let bias cloud your thinking.

• Like 1

The point is that he is not a lights out 3 point shooter. He is streaky and erratic.

It isn’t surprising that he had a terrible performance.

Yes, we know he shoots a high percentage in free throws and all of that. But that doesn’t mean anything as is relates to pure 3pt shooting. 

Edited by Plainview1981
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Plainview1981 said:

The point is that he is not a lights out 3 point shooter. He is streaky and erratic.

It isn’t surprising that he had a terrible performance.

Yes, we know he shoots a high percentage in free throws and all of that. But that doesn’t mean anything as is relates to pure 3pt shooting. 

Not even ....for the majority of this season this team couldn’t even score yet alone get to 100 points with out him being on the court. It should be easy for every team in this era to get 100 points but let trae miss a game oct-December and this team could hardly score.

Trae was literally carrying this whole team offensively for months! Only recently has the TEAM been scoring better as a team.

We’ve seen Trae start off in 1st half’s or end in 2nd half’s with ridiculous efficiency ....going like 9 of 11 from the field with 3 of 4 from 3....but This type of efficiency with no help is extremely hard to maintain game after game through the course of an entire game so yeah he may slip up in on of the halves but many times he’s scored efficiently and finished efficiently as well.

at one point in the season his FG% was at a steady 47% with his 3ball at 39% but his true shooting percentage has been stellar all year. But don’t you worry trae will get that box score stat back up for you.

1 hour ago, Plainview1981 said:

This team is not good offensively enough and he has to take a lot of shots.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Plainview1981 said:

Just for the record...you can call Luka (over 9 3s a game) a chucker from downtown.  Similar to Iverson in that arena. Trae doesn’t qualify for that kind of rhetoric and certainly not on a board like this😂

Currently if season ended today Trae would be only the 5th player in history (joining Tiny Archibald, Oscar Robertson, James Harden, and Russell Westbrook) to have 29 points per game and 9 assists per game. Now on that list Trae would:

1) Youngest (beating Harden and Westbrook by 6 and 7 years)

2) boasts the highest eFG%

3) boasts the second highest TS%
Here is the link http://bkref.com/tiny/iBMuU

Currently he is 81 of 152 in 3pt%  So just to keep some perspective I pulled a few random names from players that are lower than our high volume, inaccurate chucker:

Lou Williams is 108, Kyle Lowry is 98, Harden is 97, Booker is 95, Siakam is 92, CP3 is 91....On a side note, Luka is 139...LeBron is 113.

I’m sure you get my point.  If Trae has earned the moniker Chucker, then certainly those boys have earned something worse...maybe “poop throwers”🤓

I don’t know, all I know is I certainly would say by historic standards you shouldn’t use the title “chucker” for Trae. 

For future conversations I’d think it would be helpful to define your terms...quantifying them. I’ve historically used the term Chucker for any high volume (5+ attempts from downtown) and lower efficiency (33% or less) shooter. 
By your definition, you might fairly be calling Trae a chucker. So forgive any sarcasm above. 

Edited by enrique
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Plainview1981 said:

I'm not going to bother expanding on my post because you'll just ignore or fail to understand it. I'll just point out that 36-37% from 3 is still above average (.357). So even the most basic analysis says he is not an "inefficient chucker."

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, High5 said:

I'm not going to bother expanding on my post because you'll just ignore or fail to understand it. I'll just point out that 36-37% from 3 is still above average (.357). So even the most basic analysis says he is not an "inefficient chucker."

There is one good way to put Trae into perspective. Of the top five players in assist he has the best three point shooting percentage. Of the top fifteen players in assist he has the third best three point shooting percentage. In other words, he is hands down one of the, if not the, best point guards in the league who can also shoot the three.

https://stats.nba.com/players/traditional/?sort=AST&dir=-1

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, JTB said:

This team is not good offensively enough and he has to take a lot of shots.

But we’re talking about a shooting contest.

He is more consistent than last year ad it relates to games.Outside of the wild shots it isn’t a problem during games as much.

Just saying these contests are better for pure shooters.

Edited by Plainview1981

Just now, Plainview1981 said:

But we’re talking about a shooting contest.

He is more consistent than last year. Outside of the wild shots it isn’t a problem during games.

Just saying these contests are better for pure shooters.

Ok but I can’t believe this either. Trae need more catch and shoot opportunities throughout the year first off and with the opportunities he’s had with them he’s done great at them apparently. I wouldn’t say he’s not a pure shooter...just a young kid living in the moment.

4 hours ago, enrique said:

Just for the record...you can call Luka (over 9 3s a game) a chucker from downtown.  Similar to Iverson in that arena. Trae doesn’t qualify for that kind of rhetoric and certainly not on a board like this😂

Currently if season ended today Trae would be only the 5th player in history (joining Tiny Archibald, Oscar Robertson, James Harden, and Russell Westbrook) to have 29 points per game and 9 assists per game. Now on that list Trae would:

1) Youngest (beating Harden and Westbrook by 6 and 7 years)

2) boasts the highest eFG%

3) boasts the second highest TS%
Here is the link http://bkref.com/tiny/iBMuU

Currently he is 81 of 152 in 3pt%  So just to keep some perspective I pulled a few random names from players that are lower than our high volume, inaccurate chucker:

Lou Williams is 108, Kyle Lowry is 98, Harden is 97, Booker is 95, Siakam is 92, CP3 is 91....On a side note, Luka is 139...LeBron is 113.

I’m sure you get my point.  If Trae has earned the moniker Chucker, then certainly those boys have earned something worse...maybe “poop throwers”🤓

I don’t know, all I know is I certainly would say by historic standards you shouldn’t use the title “chucker” for Trae. 

For future conversations I’d think it would be helpful to define your terms...quantifying them. I’ve historically used the term Chucker for any high volume (5+ attempts from downtown) and lower efficiency (33% or less) shooter. 
By your definition, you might fairly be calling Trae a chucker. So forgive any sarcasm above. 

I’ve never been a fan of Lou Williams, Harden or some of these others.

esp... Lou Williams. He sucked bad when he was here. I’ve always ragged on him.

Trae’s knack for taking those long out of rhythm 3’s from way behind the 3pt line will always be a negative to me.

Edited by Plainview1981