• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trae Young - 2020 All-Star Starter

NBASupes

• Premium Member
33 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

We should be resting Trae for all star weekend.   

He's participating in everything except the dunk contest. I like the youthful exuberance, but I wouldn't mind at all if he bowed out of the Rising Stars game. I think he has way too many events on his itinerary right now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
33 minutes ago, hawkman said:

He's participating in everything except the dunk contest. I like the youthful exuberance, but I wouldn't mind at all if he bowed out of the Rising Stars game. I think he has way too many events on his itinerary right now.

He's not in the Skills Competition.  I just wish he would sit a few games so he can get his ankle and elbow healthy.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hawkman said:

Im ok with it, we arent winning anything this year so if he ends up missing a few regular season games on the back half of the schedule so be it.

I think him being on the national radar every day of All Star weekend is going to be huge, This is another opportunity to market ourselves to fans and players a like. It all goes hand in hand. Politics are always in play and Trae is an ambassador for our Franchise. Without Nationally broadcast games, this is a great chance to put our brand in front of as many eye balls as possible and force our team in to the conversations of the talking heads who would rather only ever talk about Lakers, Giannis, Clips and Boston.

The only bad thing that can happen is he get injured in the Rookie Sophmore game and miss his start on Sunday in the ASG. That's the only risk if you ask me. Otherwise, its all good

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, AHF said:

No need to be in the Rising Stars game.  He should bow out of that.  Frankly, he is above it.  Whoever made the analogy with the kids table is right on point.

No doubt.  It makes not sense.  Rising Stars and All Stars should be mutually exclusive.   Much rather see him in the skills challenge

• Like 1

This is the last year Trae is even eligible for the rising stars game. This is also the last year we likely wont be trying to compete for the postseason.

I say he goes out and balls on those kids and win MVP because there is no guarantee they will even pass him the ball come Sunday night.

Trae can get hurt, tired, whatever. We wont have anything to play for after the All Star break, there is nothing to lose, this is likely his last impression on the national spotlight for the 2020 NBA season. I want him to take ful advantage of it before everyone's attention turns to the playoff races

Edited by RedDawg#8
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Rising Star MVP

Winner of the 3pt contest

MVP of the Allstar game by breaking the assist record.

Get 'er done!😂

He won't have the chance to complete the most important All-Star accomplishment.  

Image result for teague all-star layup gif"

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, enrique said:

Not sure where to put this, but it’s from an all star weekend interview. Seems like a healthy relationship with the front office and Trae!

Thanks for posting these, everybody.  Super fun to follow a Hawk presence in all the coverage.

But I think you cut off Scottie's next question.  No worries, I found a transcript ...

Scottie: So uh, Trae, I betch'all could use a guy like me in your lineu...

Trae: Nah, thas' what we got Cam for.

Rachel: Uh-ha ha ha, yak, yak, blah, blah ....

• Haha 3

32 minutes ago, enrique said:

Not sure where to put this, but it’s from an all star weekend interview. Seems like a healthy relationship with the front office and Trae!

I think this frustration has become self evident for anyone who has watched Hawks games. Things got a little better when Collins got back but not to a .500 percentage better. Not even .400

These players are not idiots and they know winning 30 - 40% of the games is going nowhere fast. Next season, Schlenk needs to help us out again like he did at the deadline this year. We have maybe 6 bonafide shooters who can hit .350 or better from three. Out of one draft pick and free agency we need get at least one more.

I do not see any real defensive stoppers at the wing position in this free agent crop except maybe Otto Porter, Jerami Grant, or Jae Crowder. Porter and Grant may both be over priced. Don't hate on Crowder, if he is good enough for Riley and Spo, he should be good enough for us. In three games with Miami, he has put up 18.0, 7.3 and .586 FG% and .600 3PT%.

I don't expect that to continue; but Crowder has always been a solid vet.

Edited by Buzzard

4 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I do not see any real defensive stoppers at the wing position in this free agent crop except maybe Otto Porter, Jerami Grant, or Jae Crowder. Porter and Grant may both be over priced. Don't hate on Crowder, if he is good enough for Riley and Spo, he should be good enough for us. In three games with Miami, he has put up 18.0, 7.3 and .586 FG% and .600 3PT%.

I don't expect that to continue; but Crowder has always been a solid vet.

I can see Grant or Crowder (to a lesser degree), not Porter.  Can't stay healthy.

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

I can see Grant or Crowder (to a lesser degree), not Porter.  Can't stay healthy.

I think if Schlenk signs Teague and chases a shooter who does not play D, like Bertrans, Gallinari, etc then Crowder will be right in his wheelhouse. I think Grant will be looking for 12 million or so long term so he could be also.

Its going to be interesting to see what the market is like. I actually like Crowder's toughness out of the three; but he may give Miami a discount if they do well in the playoffs.