Ask Supes

NBASupes

50 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Can the people who are enamored with edwards please explain why they are glossing over these disturbing facts?

If this were a year or two ago, where no one cared if we won, I'd be ok with spending (wasting?) the years it'll take to teach him basketball.  But we're not at that point anymore.

I'm not saying we have to cash it all in to try to be a contender.  But we certainly need to start looking like a competent team right now.  Can't do that force-feeding offense (even as a reserve) to a guy who can't dribble (ding, ding, ding, why are yall ignoring this too?  He settled for long jumpers in college for a reason people.  Guess what, the NBA has even better defenders) and can't shoot.

I watched Reddish shoot 35% at Duke & the guy was playing winning basketball in the 2nd half of his rookie season. Think it’s crazy to write off Edwards & say it will take him multiple years to play winning basketball.

Also remember he was the #1 guy at UGA - day 1 & he’s the same age as most HS seniors. Watching his highlight tape the guy was constantly double teamed with the lack of talent UGA had. Ppl were expecting  him to be an efficient, defensive beast all while being the high usage guy (30%+) on a horrible team/coach day 1 he steps on the court? I think if he goes to a blue blood he’d of been more efficient & their weren’t be as many talks about if he can play winning basketball or not. Bigger nba court + secondary role + more talent around him & I think he plays winning ball sooner than you think.

Also i disagree heavily that he can’t dribble. In fact I think it’s the opposite & he has an elite handle for a 2 guard. One of the big reasons I like him.

Edited by GThawks3
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

It’s not Bledsoe as it was stated that the point guard is not a defender but is a playmaker

Can't think of any other teams that are seriously interested in Dipo other than Brooklyn and Milwaukee. Supes already said it wasn't Dinwiddie. 

And we are not getting Malcom Brogdon. Why would Indiana trade him away? And it would take a whole lot more than Dedmon. 

• Premium Member

A team may extend and trade a player within these rules. An extension-and-trade is allowed if (i) the contract covers no more than 3 seasons (including any years remaining in the original contract), (ii) the salary in the first year of the extended term is no more than 105% of the salary in the last year of the original term, and (iii) the annual salary increases are no more than 5% of the salary in the first season covered by the extended term.

• To prevent teams from getting around these limitations, teams cannot trade any player that signs an extension covering more than 3 seasons, a higher salary, or with larger annual increases for the next 6 months.

• Similarly, if a team receives a player in a trade, then for the next 6 months following that trade the team cannot sign the player to an extension that would violate the limitations for an extension-and-trade transaction.

https://cbabreakdown.com/trades

From that info, I think the options for the Hawks are simple - either trade for an expiring Hayward (if he opts in) or sign him to a four-year deal if he opts out.

• Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

Trae scored 29 ppg with better percentages, this kid barely reached 20 ppg with lower percentages. The offensive production is not comparable.

Cam is much better fit for Trae at SG, he creates a mismatch on offense and is really good fit on defense, he doesn't need the ball to be effective.

He isn’t Trae but Trae is a generational offensive talent. But it’s been said Hawks want a secondary playmaker. They don’t won’t Trae taking up ALL the usage (give him more energy on D & he’s elite c&s from 3) & remember the offense fell of a cliff when was off the court.

Edited by GThawks3
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, DS5 said:

Can't think of any other teams that are seriously interested in Dipo other than Brooklyn and Milwaukee. Supes already said it wasn't Dinwiddie. 

And we are not getting Malcom Brogdon. Why would Indiana trade him away? And it would take a whole lot more than Dedmon. 

We have to find a 3rd team that:

1. Wants Dipo

2. Is sending a 'stud' or real value to Indy

3. Can take Dedmon's salary as filler

4. Will send a PG thats a smart playmaker to the Hawks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

hace 9 minutos, DS5 dijo:

Based on rumors it can be Miami, Milwaukee, Brooklin and NY. The PG is either Holiday or Nunn or George Hill/Di Vicenzo or Nktilina. I am beginning to think might be George Hill for Dedmon and I like it.

• Like 1

• Admin
18 minutes ago, JTB said:

I consider brogdan an all around guard talent . He can shoot, be a playmaker, and defend.

Not sure if it’s Malcolm ...didn’t supes say playmaker but not a defender?

Brogdon doesn’t fit description and it would take more then Dedmon but  he would be a great fit

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, GThawks3 said:

I watched Reddish shoot 35% at Duke & the guy was playing winning basketball in the 2nd half of his rookie season. Think it’s crazy to write off Edwards & say it will take him multiple years to play winning basketball.

Also remember he was the #1 guy at UGA - day 1 & he’s the same age as most HS seniors. Watching his highlight tape the guy was constantly double teamed with the lack of talent UGA had. Ppl were expecting  him to be an efficient, defensive beast all while being the high usage guy (30%+) on a horrible team/coach day 1 he steps on the court? I think if he goes to a blue blood he’d of been more efficient & their weren’t be as many talks about if he can play winning basketball or not. Bigger nba court + secondary role + more talent around him & I think he plays winning ball sooner than you think.

Also i disagree heavily that he can’t dribble. In fact I think it’s the opposite & he has an elite handle for a 2 guard. One of the big reasons I like him.

Reddish's struggles were nothing like Edwards'.  At all.  Everything was set up for edwards to put up numbers at uga but he couldn't because he doesn't know how to play basketball.

He'll take years because it's a total build up from the foundation.  Reddish just needed to get healthy.

His handle is widely accepted as substandard so we'll have to agree to disagree there.

• Like 1

hace 10 minutos, GThawks3 dijo:

He isn’t Trae but Trae is a generational offensive talent. But it’s been said Hawks want a secondary playmaker. They don’t won’t Trae taking up ALL the usage (give him more energy on D & he’s elite c&s from 3) & remember the offense fell of a cliff when was off the court.

Edwards is not a playmaker, he is a chucker.

hace 2 minutos, capstone21 dijo:

Brogdon doesn’t fit description and it would take more then Dedmon but  he would be a great fit

Is Gworge Hill

hace 3 minutos, JayBirdHawk dijo:

1. Wants Dipo

4. Will send a PG to the Hawks.

Milwaukee/George Hill, I found it!!!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

1. Wants Dipo

5. Has a PG who is not a defender but a hard working playmaker. 

Edited by DS5
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Reddish's struggles were nothing like Edwards'.  At all.  Everything was set up for edwards to put up numbers at uga but he couldn't because he doesn't know how to play basketball.

He'll take years because it's a total build up from the foundation.  Reddish just needed to get healthy.

His handle is widely accepted as substandard so we'll have to agree to disagree there.

Edwards averaged 19/5/3 as an 18 year old freshman so I’m confused how he didn’t put up numbers? His efficiency all stems from his 3 ball but his shot isn’t bad at all to me.

I don’t see anyway Edwards puts up those numbers with no handle. 

10 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

Edwards is not a playmaker, he is a chucker.

Secondary playmaker (he isn’t a bad passer) & your last part is what they said about Trae too - they played on horrible teams where they had to do everything day 1.

Edited by GThawks3
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

1. Wants Dipo

There is no guarantee Atlanta is getting that PG. 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, GThawks3 said:

Edwards averaged 19/5/3 as an 18 year old freshman so I’m confused how he didn’t put up numbers? His efficiency all stems from his 3 ball but his shot isn’t bad at all to me.

I don’t see anyway Edwards puts up those numbers with no handle. 

Yeah & your last part is what they said about Trae too - they played on horrible teams where they had to do everything day 1.

Uga force fed him to get raw stats.  Explains his efficiency.

OK made the tournament with Trae so bad team got elevated.

But hey, no need to go back and forth.  We simply disagree.  For our sake, if we make the mistake of drafting edwards, let's hope you're right and I'm not.