• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

• Premium Member
24 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

@thecampster

Knicks

Confirmed they been talking about moving up for #1 but the hold up is a complete unwillingness to move any of their OWN future 1st rounders. They are open to moving Dallas unprotected 1st but Minnesota wants NY 1st. He said unless Minnesota takes this deal, it doesn't seem like NY will budge

Hawks

He said in any deal, the Hawks do not want to take on a contract of anyone who can't help them this year or a bad fit. They were close to moving up earlier this week he said but Chicago didn't like what was on the table. They wanted a guy Atlanta didn't value to be in the deal. Atlanta was only willing to do it if it was X player and the pick. Bulls still had value in that player so it fell through. He said it doesn't look like Atlanta will move from #6

This was the ESPN trade proposal which had the Knicks trying to moving up.

ESPN has a 3 way with Wolves/Knicks/Hawks
Minny gets #6 (From Hawks) and 2021 1st from Knicks top 3 protected.
Knicks get #1 (trade 8 and 27 and future Knicks 1st)
Hawks get #8 and #27 (from Knicks) for #6.

I don't think #27 is enough to move down 2 spots.
#6 and future 1st from Knicks gets to #1?

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Seems like the Wolves are getting screwed in that one.  although the 2021 1st from the Knicks could likely be in the 4-6 range. 

2 hours ago, thecampster said:

The Knicks have 5 first round picks in the next 3 drafts and a bevy of 2nds moving forward. Word is that they are talking with both Minny and GS and offering their 1st this year and protected firsts (plural) in 2021/2022 as well as minor cap relief if they can draft Ball. No other team has the cap relief potential and/or future picks that Atlanta and NY has. NY is the only team in the race.

Atlanta and Charlotte have talked extensively about a move up to 3 if Wiseman or Ball (interest but lesser) is available there. Atlanta has talked of a pick swap + cap space (Charlotte believes they can sign someone('s)), the hang up is the player involved or other considerations. The Hawks have little to no interest in Zeller, even on a 1 year rental.

Supes you might want to ask your boy about the above.

Travis wants to move up for Ball? Wtf? He must be trying to make Trae happy by taking his boi..Only reason I can think of, because I dont see the fit...Unless he plans on trading him at a later date...Talk to me Supes, Campster., etc.....lol

Edited by terrell

13 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Seems like the Wolves are getting screwed in that one.  although the 2021 1st from the Knicks could likely be in the 4-6 range. 

Shiiiii, Knicks might be so bad their pick could be in the -3 to 1 range. 🤠

:Bud: "That's that new maph, kg.  I thought just me and KillaKyle were on that level."

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

It's not in my opinion as well. 

• Like 4

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, terrell said:

Travis wants to move up for Ball? Wtf? He must be trying to make Trae happy by taking his boi..Only reason I can think of, because I dont see the fit...Unless he plans on trading him at a later date...Talk to me Supes, Campster., etc.....lol

I was just gonna ask about moving up for Ball, I can see the interest.

@NBASupes. @thecampster. Also is there any thought of the Hawks drafting the hometown kid in Edwards at all?

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, terrell said:

I don't know. Camp might be able to answer this one. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

@NBASupes. @thecampster. Also is there any thought of the Hawks drafting the hometown kid in Edwards at all?

I've heard their out of him unless he drops to 6. There is some internal things he's dealing with in Atlanta that we do care about. I was told if we had workouts, minds could be changed. 

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Ball is lesser interest. Think of it like a decision tree.  They have a few options. 1 trade up - If trade up, take door 1 or door 2. If door one, pursue x in free agency/trade. If door 2, don't resign Teague, spend that money elsewhere........

Decision ... tree?

huh.gif

But who's on first, bro?

(I'm kidding, I totally get you.  Just couldn't resist.)

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Ball is lesser interest. Think of it like a decision tree.  They have a few options. 1 trade up - If trade up, take door 1 or door 2. If door one, pursue x in free agency/trade. If door 2, don't resign Teague, spend that money elsewhere.  They'll be more flexible if the move up is for Wisemean. If Wiseman is off the board, they would still move up but would need to be wow'd.

They won't trade down unless they are sure one of Deni, Toppin or Okongwu is available there.

Im thinking MInnesota wants Toppin or Okungwu to pair with KAT..

39 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Yep, they' moved on from MINN and have been talking to GS trying to force their hand.

Same with Atl/Chi - looking for a dance partner that makes sense and Charlotte is more willing except they only have 3 contracts and are keeping 2.  Looking for a third party for that contract.

Not sure what you mean 

7 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

He hasn't been discussed that I'm aware of. I'm assuming the price is too high to grab him. Also I would assume as has been discussed recently here there would be too much competition at the position to trade up for him.

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Not sure what you mean 

That are large enough to move to make a difference.

Only 3 making more than $5 mil next season.  Draw your own conclusions.

PLAYER (10)
SIGNED USING
BASE SALARY
TRADE KICKER
LIKELY INCENT.
DEAD CAP
CAP FIGURE
CAP %
Nicolas Batum 31 SG Bird $27,130,435 - - ($27,130,435) $27,130,435 23.11
Terry Rozier 26 PG Sign-and-Trade $18,900,000 - - ($18,900,000) $18,900,000 16.10
Cody Zeller 27 C Bird $15,415,730 - - ($15,415,730) $15,415,730 13.13
Malik Monk 22 SG Rookie $5,345,687 - - ($5,345,687) $5,345,687 4.55
PJ Washington 22 PF Rookie $4,023,600 - - ($4,023,600) $4,023,600 3.43
Miles Bridges 22 SF Rookie $3,934,320 - - ($3,934,320) $3,934,320 3.35
Devonte' Graham 25 PG MLE $1,663,861 - - - $1,663,861 1.42
Cody Martin 25 SF MLE $1,517,981 - - ($1,517,981) $1,517,981 1.29
Caleb Martin 25 SF MLE $1,517,981 - - - $1,517,981 1.29
Jalen McDaniels 22 PG MLE $1,517,981 - - - $1,517,981 1.29
Edited by thecampster
  • Thanks 3

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, thecampster said:

The Knicks have 5 first round picks in the next 3 drafts and a bevy of 2nds moving forward. Word is that they are talking with both Minny and GS and offering their 1st this year and protected firsts (plural) in 2021/2022 as well as minor cap relief if they can draft Ball. No other team has the cap relief potential and/or future picks that Atlanta and NY has. NY is the only team in the race.

Atlanta and Charlotte have talked extensively about a move up to 3 if Wiseman or Ball (interest but lesser) is available there. Atlanta has talked of a pick swap + cap space (Charlotte believes they can sign someone('s)), the hang up is the player involved or other considerations. The Hawks have little to no interest in Zeller, even on a 1 year rental.

Supes you might want to ask your boy about the above.

#3 and Zeller (who they don't want) for #6.

Only other player is Batum at $27 million.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

#3 and Zeller (who they don't want) for #6.

Only other player is Batum at $27 million.

Whoa!!  If Travis lets MJ fk us over....Zeller cant help us...lol

Edited by terrell

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

In any other year I'd agree with you. But teams are desperately looking to shed salary with the upcoming cap drop. Those guaranteed but low first round picks are gold this year. Pure gold.

• Like 1