• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

• Premium Member
26 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Okay maybe I can say something. If the league does reduce the cap by more than $9 million, then expect some limited form of a 1 year amnesty to be added to this year's CBA. It would go something like, okay to waive. Must pay salary, must be for a player with 2 years or less left on their contract, no (or limited) cap penalty, 1 contract max. If that's the case the FA market grows but the number of teams with money to spend grows. This won't be announced (and we aren't going to hear anything definite) until the league gets a glimpse of the new cap number. It's going to be negotiated.

I like the 2 years or less part.  So if a player has a player option in year 3 or partial guarantee, how would that work?  I don't like the part about more teams with money to spend.  Also, how many of these amnestied players will look to go to contenders for the vet min contracts since they'll be getting their money.

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

You got it. Minutes are the big thing. After last year's scrubgate, he aren't taking anymore for scrubs for hire. Anyone we bring in has to fight for a starting spot and can as well. We only want capable players. 

giphy.gif

8 minutes ago, kg01 said:

You're not playing the game right.  We know folks is watchin'.  Now's the time for the Klay-for-Bembry "rumors" to surface.  🤫

Steph for a couple 1st, lol. Naw, GS isn't as quiet as people think. They just haven't had a reason to be too active till recently. As far as I am hearing. They want to keep the core and if they trade Wiggins, they want to replace as well which is easier said than done but they have some options. That MIN 1st is a damn goldmine. Teams eyeing it bad.

GS could have a new core from trades along if things fall a certain way. Even if they don't move it, there are some wings they could land without assets who could help them with that TPE. They have options but as Campster said, they aren't looking to add much salary. This is not new info. What is, is that GS is possibly listening to calls for the 2021 pick but no bite. I honestly don't think you will see any trades for a 2021 1st till free agency in my own opinion. Too much unknown right now. That's why some teams want to push the draft back again

Edited by NBASupes

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I like the 2 years or lesst part.  So if a player has a player option in year 3 or partial guarantee, how would that work?  I don't like the part about more teams with money to spend.  Also, how many of these amnestied players will look to go to contenders for the vet min contracts since they'll be getting their money.

Well amnestied means skipping the waiver process and there will probably be prohibitions against resigning the player you waived. But I'm not seeing ring chasing on one year contracts either for most of them. They'll need to lock up something long term in an uncertain market. I worry more about a team like New York which is a huge draw in advertising dollars and has the cap to spend.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, thecampster said:

Well amnestied means skipping the waiver process and there will probably be prohibitions against resigning the player you waived. But I'm not seeing ring chasing on one year contracts either for most of them. They'll need to lock up something long term in an uncertain market. I worry more about a team like New York which is a huge draw in advertising dollars and has the cap to spend.

Is the amnesty payout reduced for the Amnestying team based on the new contract that the player would sign?

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Is the amnesty payout reduced for the Amnestying team based on the new contract that the player would sign?

No...its not a waive, its an amnesty. You are required to pay the entire amount, but that money doesn't count against your cap number. I think the last time they did this you had to be over the cap as well...but I'm only speculating there.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, thecampster said:

No...its not a waive, its an amnesty. You are required to pay the entire amount, but that money doesn't count against your cap number. I think the last time they did this you had to be over the cap as well...but I'm only speculating there.

I know the amnestying team has to pay the contract, but I thought once that player signs a new contract after amnesty the amnestying team got a reduction based on what the player signed a new contract for.  So that he wouldn't be making anymore than his original contract.  I think the first amnesty didn't have that clause.  Or maybe I'm thinking of something else.

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

I know the amnestying team has to pay the contract, but I thought once that player signs a new contract after amnesty the amnestying team got a reduction based on what the player signed a new contract for.  So that he wouldn't be making anymore than his original contract.  I think the first amnesty didn't have that clause.  Or maybe I'm thinking of something else.

This is what I found:

The player is still paid their full salary and can not re-sign with the team that waived him. After a player is amnestied, he goes through a waiver process where all of the teams under the salary cap can put a “bid” on a player using their remaining cap room. The team that places the highest bid obtains the player.

The bid is subtracted from the amount the player is owed from their previous team. So if a player was due $10 million he gets waived and signs for $2 million with a new team, his old team only owe him $8 million.

After a player clears waivers he can sign with a team over the cap for the league minimum. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Steph for a couple 1st, lol. Naw, GS isn't as quiet as people think. They just haven't had a reason to be too active till recently. As far as I am hearing. They want to keep the core and if they trade Wiggins, they want to replace as well which is easier said than done but they have some options. That MIN 1st is a damn goldmine. Teams eyeing it bad.

GS could have a new core from trades along if things fall a certain way. Even if they don't move it, there are some wings they could land without assets who could help them with that TPE. They have options but as Campster said, they aren't looking to add much salary. This is not new info. What is, is that GS is possibly listening to calls for the 2021 pick but no bite. I honestly don't think you will see any trades for a 2021 1st till free agency in my own opinion. Too much unknown right now. That's why some teams want to push the draft back again

Is there a team willing to take Wiggins without a really nice incentive, the Minny 2021 1st?

The GS TPE is $17 million - I guess they can take Oubre from the Suns and send their own later pick to Suns. They can trade Wiggins for Horfords contract I guess, but I don't see Philly wanting Wiggins. If Houston loses tonight, they may look to cut salary by moving Gordon.

Edit: Maybe a team like the Bulls takes Wiggins and #2 and send Porter.  Satoransky into the TPE?

35 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The reduction is in the cap hit. In this case, there is no cap hit. We will have to see how it plays out this time.

Edited by thecampster
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Is there a team willing to take Wiggins without a really nice incentive, the Minny 2021 1st?

The GS TPE is $17 million - I guess they can take Oubre from the Suns and send their own later pick to Suns. They can trade Wiggins for Horfords contract I guess, but I don't see Philly wanting Wiggins. If Houston loses tonight, they may look to cut salary by moving Gordon.

Edit: Maybe a team like the Bulls takes Wiggins and #2 and send Porter.  Satoransky into the TPE?

Too much unknown right now. There are kids off the market that won't be for a 2021 quality 1st rounder and those kids might not be on the market till free agency. So much is depending on the new projections, its unreal.

Oubre isn't worth any picks. You won't see a team trade a pick for him much less something significant at this time. 

That GS TPE is their golden goose.

Also, Wiggins is still seen as a negative asset no matter how much GS frames it. No want wants him without real compensation. 

Gordon market has always been low for trades as he has a lot more value to HOU than he has to others. It's unlikely they find suitors for value.

The Bulls aren't looking to move up.

Edited by NBASupes
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
34 minutes ago, thecampster said:

The reduction is in the cap hit. In this case, there is no cap hit. We will have to see how it plays out this time.

I don't think I'm asking my question correctly. I know the team amnestying the player has no cap hit since it falls off their cap.

My question was more so in relation to said player signing with a new team if cleared waivers, signs for $5 mil, then his old team instead of owing $20 mil will only be on the hook for $15. And yes I understand no cap implications. I'm just referencing in terms of a player ring chasing taking a vet min.

Ex: Horford gets amnesty (yes I know he has 3 years), gets all his money from Philly, then joins GSW for the vet min.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, kg01 said:

On a serious note, is there a way to make this private?

Best way to lose connex is having the info leakin' like a faulty radiator.

Can this be moved to the senior forum?  Would be able to become semi private that way.  Mods?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

I might see them using MIN 1st to go after Giannis if he didn't want to resign with the Bucks (I know that I CANT SEE him leaving all that money) but going to a team like GS with Splash Bros and Green will bring more championship.  

Also I am hearing that Min is still having problems finding a owners to keep the team here (you know the usual folks)

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, NekiEcko said:

I might see them using MIN 1st to go after Giannis if he didn't want to resign with the Bucks (I know that I CANT SEE him leaving all that money) but going to a team like GS with Splash Bros and Green will bring more championship.  

Also I am hearing that Min is still having problems finding a owners to keep the team here (you know the usual folks)

What else are they sending besides the Minny 1st that the Bucks would want?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NekiEcko said:

Milwaukee could get swept and they still wouldn't trade him. Everyone else tho might not be so lucky

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, terrell said:

Must win for them tonight..

There is no must win for them in terms of Giannis leaving or going. They got trades assets aside from Middleton and Giannis. Next year is the must win, this year is the what more do we need year and is Bud the right person for the job year. 

• Like 1

@thecampster, the amnesty thing is wishful thinking is what I've heard. It was brought up by some lol franchises who recently got themselves in trouble with some bad signings but it's not something many teams around the league want back. Cap spreading is more likely, I am not exactly sure what that means but that's what was told to me.

• Thanks 2