• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

I didn't want to rain on anyone's parade but Giannis has been Toronto or Miami for awhile. I know some people want Dallas and we want us but Masai and him are extremely close and Miami is where he wants to be if he leaves. He is still leaning to stay more than leaving, FYI unlike what this report says.

9 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

You look barely 25 years old 

No drinking, no smoking, lived a fairly healthy lifestyle (if you don't count fast food) most of my life. But yah, people are shocked when they find out how old I am.

I'm blaming the secret as not eating condiments. My whole young life, we never had ketchup, mustard, mayo, salad dressing or anything like that.  I figure I've avoided tons of fats, sugar and salts that way. But I tried ketchup for the first time at 12 years old (same with mustard) and because I'd never had them, they smelled overwhelming to me. Never could be a fan. Forced myself to learn to like barbeque sauce at about 35.  Personally believe the existence of sloppy joes is proof we're living in a simulation. I can't stand the smell.

• Like 3

• Moderators
1 hour ago, thecampster said:

No drinking, no smoking, lived a fairly healthy lifestyle (if you don't count fast food) most of my life. But yah, people are shocked when they find out how old I am.

I'm blaming the secret as not eating condiments. My whole young life, we never had ketchup, mustard, mayo, salad dressing or anything like that.  I figure I've avoided tons of fats, sugar and salts that way. But I tried ketchup for the first time at 12 years old (same with mustard) and because I'd never had them, they smelled overwhelming to me. Never could be a fan. Forced myself to learn to like barbeque sauce at about 35.  Personally believe the existence of sloppy joes is proof we're living in a simulation. I can't stand the smell.

Hot sauce?   I could live without the others but maybe not hot sauce.

Oh so now that we're behind the veil of secrecy, this turns into the "Ask campster about his crazy dietary habits thread"?  I'm just waiting for the "Ask kg" thread.  That thang's gonna be all kinds of wrong.

I do think you've brought up something interesting.  People greatly underestimate how the things we consume change our appearance.  Drinking and smoking, in particular, age people so terribly.

On topic(ish), before the bubble, I figured Giannis was all-in for Milwaukee.  I now feel the opposite for several reasons.  I bet he still remembers when that busy restaurant wouldn't serve him and his family.

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Oh so now that we're behind the veil of secrecy, this turns into the "Ask campster about his crazy dietary habits thread"?  I'm just waiting for the "Ask kg" thread.  That thang's gonna be all kinds of wrong.

I do think you've brought up something interesting.  People greatly underestimate how the things we consume change our appearance.  Drinking and smoking, in particular, age people so terribly.

On topic(ish), before the bubble, I figured Giannis was all-in for Milwaukee.  I now feel the opposite for several reasons.  I bet he still remembers when that busy restaurant wouldn't serve him and his family.

Toronto is the team he wants to go to. 

12 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

With a year to go, does it matter what his current preference might be? While we're not in the running right now, if we have a very good season next year (like a second round experience), I have to imagine he'd take a look at us when we're not even on the radar right now.

Just now, nathan2331 said:

With a year to go, does it matter what his current preference might be? While we're not in the running right now, if we have a very good season next year (like a second round experience), I have to imagine he'd take a look at us when we're not even on the radar right now.

It's more personal than anything else but of course could the Hawks make sense in 2021, of course. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Honestly ... I'm not sure why.  Speaking just from a basketball point of view.  I get wanting to go where Masai is, so I'm not referring to that piece of this.

But by the time he's be able to get there, what will they be?  Lowry will be a year fatter, I mean older.  FVV may be gone.  Trashcal Siakim is probably the centerpiece of the trade to get him there.  Other than that, what else is there?  Anunoby? He's probably gettin' traded to MIL too.

He's tryna team up with Norm Powell and Boucher?

TOR is a regular season monster and a flash in the pan contender.  IOW they ain't much better than the current MIL team and are constructed similarly to not hide Giannis' weaknesses in the postseason.  I hope he thinks past the personal connection with Ujiri.

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

Honestly ... I'm not sure why.  Speaking just from a basketball point of view.  I get wanting to go where Masai is, so I'm not referring to that piece of this.

But by the time he's be able to get there, what will they be?  Lowry will be a year fatter, I mean older.  FVV may be gone.  Trashcal Siakim is probably the centerpiece of the trade to get him there.  Other than that, what else is there?  Anunoby? He's probably gettin' traded to MIL too.

He's tryna team up with Norm Powell and Boucher?

TOR is a regular season monster and a flash in the pan contender.  IOW they ain't much better than the current MIL team and are constructed similarly to not hide Giannis' weaknesses in the postseason.  I hope he thinks past the personal connection with Ujiri.

Masai and him are close and Masai like Riley knows how to build a great team. 

• Moderators
16 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Small info: 

The reason why GS is so on to Edwards is that teams think when Beal or a top player becomes available, they will use Edwards and assets as bait. 

As much as i hate Boston and NY, it serves GS right that this is a weak draft and I hope all their plans explode in their face.  They didn't get near enough criticism for phoning games in this year after going to 5 finals.  I know injuries right?   i don't care.  screw those guys.  

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, capstone21 said:

Why was this moved to Senior members forum?

Short version is that it was being pilfered by randos and put on Real GM and other places verbatim.

Now if there are my juicy tidbits they will be more secure for just senior members (ie. No lurkers).

Edited by Jdawgflow