• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

12 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Rare actual footage of me trying to convey my thoughts on the squawk.

giphy.gif

If you've never watched Atypical you've missed my life story.

Eh, better than ...

writing-bad.gif

I got found footage of someone else relaying his ideas on the squawk but if I name who it is he's gonna yell at me (again) ...

frkout.gif

(If anyone is offended by this, I'm talkin' 'bout you.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Eh, better than ...

writing-bad.gif

I got found footage of someone else relaying his ideas on the squawk but if I name who it is he's gonna yell at me (again) ...

frkout.gif

(If anyone is offended by this, I'm talkin' 'bout you.)

You know that could be all but about 2 of us on here???

• Like 1

If Zeller's big salary is just an expiring, I don't see the issue in absorbing it to move up to 3. It doesn't mess with our 2021 cap. And we have enough to absorb both him and Taurean.... resign Teague and draft #3 and #19 and we're set? We can even cut Zeller if we don't want him as our 13th big off the bench. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, warcore said:

If Zeller's big salary is just an expiring, I don't see the issue in absorbing it to move up to 3. It doesn't mess with our 2021 cap. And we have enough to absorb both him and Taurean.... resign Teague and draft #3 and #19 and we're set? We can even cut Zeller if we don't want him as our 13th big off the bench. 

chkle.gif

He probably wouldn't even be that high on the depth chart.

Oh dang, now the Zeller boys are gonna come after me.  It's ok.  I'll just dress up as a rebound and they'd never find me.  Ohhhh, shots fired.

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, warcore said:

I don't have anything solid yet but I think we have some other plans for that money. (and I won't have anything solid until probably the last week or after the bubble).

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, kg01 said:

On a serious note, is there a way to make this private?

Best way to lose connex is having the info leakin' like a faulty radiator.

Supes and Camp may have to send the entire Squawk PMs 😁

5 minutes ago, warcore said:

1. No minutes  2. Atlanta may have other plans for capspace. 3. We can try and find a trade for him - I've been looking to see which team might be interested, but we'd have to include some incentive.

• Like 3

Okay maybe I can say something. If the league does reduce the cap by more than $9 million, then expect some limited form of a 1 year amnesty to be added to this year's CBA. It would go something like, okay to waive. Must pay salary, must be for a player with 2 years or less left on their contract, no (or limited) cap penalty, 1 contract max. If that's the case the FA market grows but the number of teams with money to spend grows. This won't be announced (and we aren't going to hear anything definite) until the league gets a glimpse of the new cap number. It's going to be negotiated.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, kg01 said:

We are both extremely careful. I would never burn anyone. We dropped something a week + ago and he and I had talked about it for a week offline before dropping it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I've been keeping the stuff that needs to be offline, off of this site. These things have been declined for the most part.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Supes and Camp may have to send the entire Squawk PMs 😁

1. No minutes  2. Atlanta may have other plans for capspace. 3. We can try and find a trade for him - I've been looking to see which team might be interested, but we'd have to include some incentive.

You got it. Minutes are the big thing. After last year's scrubgate, he aren't taking anymore for scrubs for hire. Anyone we bring in has to fight for a starting spot and can as well. We only want capable players. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

I've been keeping the stuff that needs to be offline, off of this site. These things have been declined for the most part.

Coals cooling in the fire. They could reignite but for now they're just smoldering alone. Like you and I talked about, some contacts can have ulterior motives too. They push something they heard through 3rd parties and those third parties make them public and it pushes the story into the open. Agents, reporters and even marketing people do it. It's all about generating buzz, fan reaction, etc. Like a team could put it out there to their trade partner's fanbase all in an attempt to gen buzz and force that team to step up their offer. It's a very cool world in the underbelly of sports.

• Like 3

Just now, NBASupes said:

You got it. Minutes are the big thing. After last year's scrubgate, he aren't taking anymore for scrubs for hire. Anyone we bring in has to fight for a starting spot and can as well. We only want capable players. 

This!!!  Expect them to make some very positive moves this year boys.

• Like 4