• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I am not sure his range is consistent. Some teams have him in the mid 1st, most early 2nd. Like most in this draft, their range vastly varies

But how do you assess and value him?

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I am not sure his range is consistent. Some teams have him in the mid 1st, most early 2nd. Like most in this draft, their range vastly varies

I think I'm not being clear.  What are your personal thoughts on the type of player he is?

I don't want league analysis or where they think he'll be drafted.  I was just wondering your personal thoughts on him, like you do your analysis on Obi Toppin, Edwards, etc. 

Edited by marco102
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, AHF said:

But how do you assess and value him?

Early 2nd rounder. Same as all of the guys like him. Raw but hard to find, very talented with the right measurements, can be good in a couple of years. Think Gary Trent Jr.

Not someone that can help you in year and maybe in year two but not likely. A good pick for the Hawks if we somehow end up with a late 1st or early 2nd

He really needs body development more than anything 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 2

I would not mind at all if we got Wiseman! I’m all for a great big man rotation in the nba. I sometimes think Toppin or Wiseman would be better options and just resign Teague to what should be a cheap deal to get him back .

obviously a decision to invest this much money into PF and C likely is something that won’t happen long term. But call me foolish I’d pay Collins, Wiseman or Toppin, Capela all long term  if they proved themselves worth it.

similiar to how Boston invested so much money into the wing positions, I personally think there’s advantages of investing heavy in a big man unit when you have a point guard like Trae. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, JTB said:

I would not mind at all if we got Wiseman! I’m all for a great big man rotation in the nba. I sometimes think Toppin or Wiseman would be better options and just resign Teague to what should be a cheap deal to get him back .

obviously a decision to invest this much money into PF and C likely is something that won’t happen long term. But call me foolish I’d pay Collins, Wiseman or Toppin, Capela all long term  if they proved themselves worth it.

similiar to how Boston invested so much money into the wing positions, I personally think there’s advantages of investing heavy in a big man unit when you have a point guard like Trae. 

I agree. This is trading the rights to Erickson for Prince/19 is probably our best moves. 

Wiseman or Toppin at #6

Drafting Cole Anthony, Maxey, Kira Lewis Jr. or Maledon at 19. 

Prince covers our biggest need, competition for Hunter at SF. 

I'll also look at Lonzo Ball, Delon Wright, Frank N as well as backup guards who can play both guard positions off the bench. 

We still have to hit the salary bottom and I don't know how we can do that but oh well. 

The Horford/21 for Dedmon deal works but some of us hate it, I don't love the contract but I love the value of the players involved for us. 

There is always landing young players+vet to free up salary like Zhaire Smith/Mike Scott/early 2020 2nd rounder for #50

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, marco102 said:

I think I'm not being clear.  What are your personal thoughts on the type of player he is?

I don't want league analysis or where they think he'll be drafted.  I was just wondering your personal thoughts on him, like you do your analysis on Obi Toppin, Edwards, etc. 

He's a low end grape at best, but most likely a pomegranate. There's some good stuff in there, but it takes so much work to get it out you have to wonder if it's worth it. 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I agree. This is trading the rights to Erickson for Prince/19 is probably our best moves. 

Wiseman or Toppin at #6

I'll also look at Lonzo Ball, Delon Wright, Frank N as well as backup guards who can play both guard positions off the bench. 

We still have to hit the salary bottom and I don't know how we can do that but oh well. 

The Horford/21 for Dedmon deal works but some of us hate it, I don't love the contract but I love the value of the players involved for us. 

There is always landing young players+vet to free up salary like Zhaire Smith/Mike Scott/early 2020 2nd rounder for #50

I cant see Wiseman falling to 6, but you never know.... Toppin or Okungwu maybe....Also,  Prince is no competition for Hunter. lol

17 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

He's a low end grape at best, but most likely a pomegranate. There's some good stuff in there, but it takes so much work to get it out you have to wonder if it's worth it. 

Yeah, there's alot to work on, but there's a lot to mold too. I'm like a late first rounder on a PF/SF that can score and play defense is worth it.  We can wait on his development while we fill the roster with useful vets. No pressure to play a late first rounder.

I'd go Killian Hayes and if possible somehow move up into the late first round and grab him for the PF position.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Wiseman or Toppin at #6

Pels trying to get rid of Lonzo already? lol

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, terrell said:

Pels trying to get rid of Lonzo already? lol

Yep. He can be had for a reasonable price too. That's why I been like, we can bring back Jeff as a 3rd string PG and trade for Frank, Ball, or Wright 

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Yep. He can be had for a reasonable price too. That's why I been like, we can bring back Jeff as a 3rd string PG and trade for Frank, Ball, or Wright 

They dont even have a HC yet...lol..Just damn..Lavar said he would be better than Curry...Oh well..

Edited by terrell
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, terrell said:

I cant see Wiseman falling to 6, but you never know.... Toppin or Okungwu maybe....Also,  Prince is no competition for Hunter. lol

Hunter was a -1.1 WAR player in 2019-20. Prince even in a weak year, 0.6 WAR and a 0.1 last year in Atlanta. Prince would clearly help. 

• Like 1

Just now, NBASupes said:

Hunter was a -1.1 WAR player in 2019-20. Prince even in a weak year, 0.6 WAR and a 0.1 last year in Atlanta. Prince would clearly help. 

Hunter will be better this season..Prince is who he is...

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Whats a reasonable price? Dedmon and a 2nd? lol

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

No disagreement from me. 

Id definitely do Prince/19 before Id touch anything involving Horford's contract..

We could get good value at 19...Plus Schlenk loves pick #19......

Edited by terrell
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, terrell said:

Id definitely do Prince/19 before Id touch anything involving Horford's contract..

We could get good value at 19...Plus Schlenk loves pick #19......

We love it. Look at the three 19th picks on the team. Teague, Collins and Kevin

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

We love it. Look at the three 19th picks on the team. Teague, Collins and Kevin

Not the biggest Cole Anthony fan, but he could end up being a steal at 19......I think he goes before that tbh.. Someone will take a chance..I mean, he was the #1 pg in high school..But yeah, Anthony, Maxey, Maledon, Lewis is excellent value there imo...

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, terrell said:

Not the biggest Cole Anthony fan, but he could end up being a steal at 19......I think he goes before that tbh.. Someone will take a chance..I mean, he was the #1 pg in high school..But yeah, Anthony, Maxey, Maledon, Lewis is excellent value there imo...

I’m not sure how much of fan of Cole I am myself but I wouldn’t mind him. He has some things about his game I really like in the somewhat handful of games I did watch of his . One thing that sticks out to me about his is his size up shot making ability!...he’s really good at sizing up his opponent and getting his shot off cleanly even if the opponent is taller . That stuck out to me the most.

on the flip side he doesn’t  seem very fast when I’m watching. I don’t see him beating many off the dribble in the nba from what I’ve seen on film so far  but I will leave that right there alone because i did heavily question if luka could beat anyone off the dribble during his draft season . Anyways Cole has a very good size up game for his age