• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

5 hours ago, terrell said:

Not the biggest Cole Anthony fan, but he could end up being a steal at 19......I think he goes before that tbh.. Someone will take a chance..I mean, he was the #1 pg in high school..But yeah, Anthony, Maxey, Maledon, Lewis is excellent value there imo...

From what my 'sources' are saying, Anthony would be a bit of a reach even at 19.

I'm kidding, I don't have sources but that is what I heard a few insiders say on pods.

Him going from a lock top 3 pick to late 1st shld give people pause.  Smelling like Austin Rivers 2.0 - not horrible, because I'd love Rivers as a backup here, just a similar hype vs reality mismatch.

4 hours ago, kg01 said:

From what my 'sources' are saying, Anthony would be a bit of a reach even at 19.

I'm kidding, I don't have sources but that is what I heard a few insiders say on pods.

Him going from a lock top 3 pick to late 1st shld give people pause.  Smelling like Austin Rivers 2.0 - not horrible, because I'd love Rivers as a backup here, just a similar hype vs reality mismatch.

Naw and this is from a Duke fan. The biggest difference is PnR play and range. People must have forget that Austin Rivers couldn't shoot coming out of college. 

I keep saying Sexton, Smith Jr. And Anthony as prospects are near the same levels. Anthony simply had an injury plagued freshman year. Smith Jr. Has an injury plagued NBA career with his back issues and even had an injury plagued prep career and Sexton has been fairly injury free. 

As prospects, I liked Sexton natural ability to score the most. I liked Smith Jr talent the most and compared it to Steve Francis and while he showed signs of it as a rookie, it got zapped later due to his back. Anthony to me is the most PG of the three. He showed tremendous PnR ability in HS at every stage but UNC was a shitshow this year and did him no justice. I still really like the kid. He's getting the Cam Reddish treatment last year. Both Sexton and Smith Jr played around shooting and finishers in college. Cole played with neither. 

As far as potential, Cole has a lot of potential to me and I think he is better than many think right now. Baron Davis is his 99%, Dennis Smith Jr. And Collin Sexton is his comparisons and Brandon Jennings is his direct. I think in the right situation, he could give you what young Brandon Jennings gave you with more shooting. Like I said, I like Cole Anthony a lot. A lot of your pod guys read Snergy and rely on shit like that too much and base a lot of their scouting on recent work only. This is why you make mistakes and pass on Cam Reddish. 

Back to JC, he did say he hasn't heard anything out of Atlanta that makes it appear that JC is available right now or in the future, FYI. 

One player info to add:

John Wall

Wizards insider he knows basically said Wall isn't the same athlete that he was but still is a damn good athlete but what he's really improved is his jumpshot. They really wanted him to build it up like they did Ariza when he had his injury. They said Wall with his work ethic is now one of the best shooters on the team and really is mastering the C&S. He said teams will be shocked when they see Wall moving forward. Also, Wall who wasn't known to be the best film guy has been like a coach studying film and he's become really good at it too. They said, people don't know how good JW will be in 2020-21 and that he can still be All-NBA with this new style of play. They have great expectations. 

• Thanks 4

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

GS: 

They have been working the phones. The reality is, their MIN 1st, (1-5) protected might be as valuable as a #2 is damning at this time. I was told, there is an idea that they could keep the pick and that it seems there is a higher chance they do than don't. 

Not surprised, read somewhere that between 3-7 players in next years draft would be picked ahead of everyone in this season's draft class. That is an indictment of this class....it's a poo poo platter.  No reason to trade up.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He got some trade information last year he shared with me that I can share:

On three players in particular:

Oladipo market is dead. People want to see him recovered from his injury and the fact that he wants to go into FA no matter what has really lowered his trade market. I was told that if they can get a mid 1st and cap space, it would be a huge win. This shouldn't come as a surprise to Hawk fans. When we had Millsap, some of the offers were down out tragic. Teams refused to give you anymore young players who aren't like super high ceiling guys like Bruno and the draft picks aren't that good. I am hearing they are strongly leaning to keeping him with hope he would stay. 

Myles Turner 

Some teams think he could be available but the price tag is high is what he's been told. I said this before but if LeMelo Ball slides to #2, Indiana is a team that could have interest. I was told that Minnesota spoke to Indy about him and did not have interest it seemed. Indiana really likes LaMelo Ball a lot is what he was told and GS has a lot of interest in Turner. If Ball falls to #2 which is not expected due to MIN wanting to trade the pick, but it's something to look at.

O.G. Annouby 

I was told he's not available, even for moving up in the draft. Minnesota reached out about him and I was told Masai/Webster/TOR FO had no interest. This is a surprise to be Frank as all he mentioned is Toronto has interest in moving to #1 but it seems not for either O.G. or Siakam. Players Toronto is extremely high on. 

Not surprised on the Dipo front. Similar to what occured with Kemba Walker last year. Teams aren't trading picks and prospects for guys coming up on FAcy.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, thecampster said:

The Knicks have 5 first round picks in the next 3 drafts and a bevy of 2nds moving forward. Word is that they are talking with both Minny and GS and offering their 1st this year and protected firsts (plural) in 2021/2022 as well as minor cap relief if they can draft Ball. No other team has the cap relief potential and/or future picks that Atlanta and NY has. NY is the only team in the race.

Atlanta and Charlotte have talked extensively about a move up to 3 if Wiseman or Ball (interest but lesser) is available there. Atlanta has talked of a pick swap + cap space (Charlotte believes they can sign someone('s)), the hang up is the player involved or other considerations. The Hawks have little to no interest in Zeller, even on a 1 year rental.

Supes you might want to ask your boy about the above.

I will. You told me some things that was confirmed as true recently. So I'll do my part. Bet

• Like 2

@thecampster

Knicks

Confirmed they been talking about moving up for #1 but the hold up is a complete unwillingness to move any of their OWN future 1st rounders. They are open to moving Dallas unprotected 1st but Minnesota wants NY 1st. He said unless Minnesota takes this deal, it doesn't seem like NY will budge

Hawks

He said in any deal, the Hawks do not want to take on a contract of anyone who can't help them this year or a bad fit. They were close to moving up earlier this week he said but Chicago didn't like what was on the table. They wanted a guy Atlanta didn't value to be in the deal. Atlanta was only willing to do it if it was X player and the pick. Bulls still had value in that player so it fell through. He said it doesn't look like Atlanta will move from #6

• Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

@thecampster

Knicks

Confirmed they been talking about moving up for #1 but the hold up is a complete unwillingness to move any of their OWN future 1st rounders. They are open to moving Dallas unprotected 1st but Minnesota wants NY 1st. He said unless Minnesota takes this deal, it doesn't seem like NY will budge

Hawks

He said in any deal, the Hawks do not want to take on a contract of anyone who can't help them this year or a bad fit. They were close to moving up earlier this week he said but Chicago didn't like what was on the table. They wanted a guy Atlanta didn't value to be in the deal. Atlanta was only willing to do it if it was X player and the pick. Bulls still had value in that player so it fell through. He said it doesn't look like Atlanta will move from #6

Yep, they' moved on from MINN and have been talking to GS trying to force their hand.

Same with Atl/Chi - looking for a dance partner that makes sense and Charlotte is more willing except they only have 3 contracts and are keeping 2.  Looking for a third party for that contract.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Oladipo for a mid first?   How about that one we got in the Dennis trade?   

At the end of the day i'm not sure we even need Oladipo though.   

Dipo is looking for more than the 4/$80 offered while still injured. Indy tbey offered an extension to his contract starting at ~$24 mil, he's looking for a full max and wants to hit FAcy. I'd pass.

• Like 1