• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

@NBASupes. Is this still a thing?

This would be such a Suns move. They practically gave away TJ Warren last offseason. 

Who would they be targeting in FAcy?

I've seen them linked to VanVleet who would be a good acquisition for them. If we traded back with them it could be a good move. At #10 we could take the best PG on the board.

3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This would be such a Suns move. They practically gave away TJ Warren last offseason. 

Phoenix Suns? More like Phoenix Dumbs....

They destroyed their future last off-season so I don't see any reason to not just bury it in the ground.

• Premium Member
48 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:

I've seen them linked to VanVleet who would be a good acquisition for them. If we traded back with them it could be a good move. At #10 we could take the best PG on the board.

Oh no, I'm not trading back for Oubre and #10.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:

Why not, is he not a positive asset? Genuinely curious because I've barely watched him in Phoenix but his stats look solid and he hasn't had any controversy with the Suns as far as I'm aware.

Per Supes, he's high maintenance and he'll also be a FA after next season.

5 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

They want to move back so no, this move is technically not available but if we can get 18/19/21/24/26 it's possible this could be something we will do.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The Suns have made no secret they want out of Oubre's contract this year. It's a poorly spent 14 million. But they aren't desperate.

• Thanks 3

14 hours ago, NBASupes said:

They want to move back so no, this move is technically not available but if we can get 18/19/21/24/26 it's possible this could be something we will do.

14 hours ago, NBASupes said:

From a money standpoint, the Suns have a functional 13 million at a $109 million cap. Oubre and the 10th pick = $19 million in salary. So if they could find a buyer for Oubre without taking back a guaranteed asset (say a future first with protections), they could have as much as $32 million in cap space.

5 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Oh, I forgot the biggest trade talk I didn't mention. There was some talk of a top 5 protected 2021 1st, #15 pick and Aaron Gordon for LaMelo Ball but MIN continues to insist on Isaac which ORL does not want to trade at all and sees him as a face to the franchise. 

Another offer that fell through was MIN offered Atlanta #1 for Hunter/#6 which Atlanta quickly declined. MIN clearly has tremendous interest in doing a deal with us but we really don't have the same energy to do a deal with them. He was told Atlanta wouldn't do a Hunter for #1 deal. Atlanta just aren't interested in trading anyone in our core unless we could get something significant in return. MIN knows what significant is and he's not available for any trade. 

Ya they couldn't decline fast enough.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Major Update: 

Giannis Trade Update: He was told that no matter the results, they would like to keep Giannis unless they get an offer that's too good to be true. They do believe they have enough to win a title around Giannis and wants to add players who fit. They are looking to add more younger players in FA this year but haven't had success yet. See Bender. He was told Bledsoe is clearly available for an update at the PG position and that they believe it will be hard trying to land CP3 due to cap reasons but will work to it. CP3 also has made it clear to Sam Presti that he wants to be traded to the Bucks as well but CP3 has suitors, mainly Philly and the Knicks but he was told CP3 doesn't want to go to either of those other teams, just the Bucks. This could be a trade that happens sooner than later.

He was told they have no interest in trading Middleton as well but DiVencenzo could be available. I was told they are interested in a simple Luke Kennard for Donte D swap which is kinda stupid to me, Donte's better but they need a legit scoring shooter and Luke's the best on the market for this price. 

Draft: 

MIN still looking to move the pick and I was told they are strongly leaning to taking LaMelo Ball who has the most suitors (1). They would like to add a 3rd star but no one of that caliber is available. I was told they were hoping to target D. Mitchell. GS wants to draft Anthony Edwards and use him at a later date to make a move for Beal or an high impact wing if they were to become available via trade. I was told that they think someone like Brandon Ingram can become available and that's their target if he does next year during the trade deadline. There is real believe that him and Zion are a questionable fit within the Pels organization. 

CHA has been more quiet than usual but they have been in talks with Atlanta to move back as well as others. It's clear they would like to stay at #3 but getting the most of this pick can be difficult in this type of draft.

CHI been the same. Have talked with Atlanta and I've gotten the okay but the hangup is Atlanta wants Otto Porter Jr/4 for 6 and Bulls want Felicio/Young/4 for 6 (2) and Atlanta disagreed and pulled back. The assumption is Wiseman/Deni/Toppin will be in play at 4. Not Hayes is what he's heard. 

CLE has been pretty clear, they want a 2021 asset to move back and if that's not available, then they will stick at #5. He mentioned Drummond being readily available for nearly free. 

ATL has been all over the place. Looking to move up, back, etc. He's heard Atlanta is not as serious as they were last year. He did say Atlanta as well as Charlotte has been hot on adding assets for players with money owed but Charlotte is less selective of that said player. He did say if Brooklyn trades completely out of the draft, Atlanta will be there partner but they are looking to see how they can add another star. No core players or the centers have been in trade talks and Atlanta wants to add to our squad, not take away. 

DET has been locking into one of the PG's: Haliburton, Hayes, Lewis Jr, and Anthony. There is interest in Ball but I was told the cost is too high for DET. NY has been clear with anyone who will listen that they will not trade a future 1st outside of Dallas. They are also shopping Julius Randle and trying to gain a future asset. I was told they are looking at Horford along with Charlotte. They do not want Randle and would love to trade him and gain an asset. 

WAS - Nothing. PHX like Atlanta has been looking to move back as well but they want you take on Oubre and swap picks. Right now, money makes it difficult for most to do. If Charlotte can move up and still maintain salary, they are an option. Obviously, Atlanta is too. 

SAC - Nothing good, Buddy was available but the price is deemed to be too high. Maybe going into training camp, someone might make a big offer. SA - Been in talks with Atlanta but nothing is there so far and I finally got the okay on this one. They aren't open to trading White or Murray and Atlanta isn't hot on Samanic. They did offer LMA to Atlanta which I found interesting. There was some interest in a possible swap of 11/DeRozan for 6 from Atlanta if DD opts in but it was a nonstarter for San Antonio. Pop loves DD. SA been in talks with a number of teams to move up. I was told their target is Onyeka Okongwu. The issue with SA is they don't want to trade a future 1st and they don't want to move the PGs, DeRozan or Walker, as well as Keldon Johnson. It's kinda hard to make a move for players who aren't that appealing. 

NO - Nothing new, finding a coach is their focus right now. BOS has been in talks with Atlanta and a number of other teams to move up but they are having issues as teams don't want to move down to 14 from the top 10 (3) outside of the Suns who are looking to clear cap to make a run at some key FAs. Even then, it's overstated how much the Suns want to move down. 

ORL and POR aren't looking to move up or down. Dallas is open to moving down but the cost is high and I know they been talking with Charlotte. They want to make a run at FVF and BI. I was told THJ is not for trade right now. 

Brooklyn is using 19/Dinwiddle/Allen to see what are there trade up options so they can gain assets for a bigger trade. I was told that teams just aren't interested. They have been in talks with Atlanta but Atlanta doesn't want to pay major salary for non-core players in 2021. Most think they will just end up trading 19/Prince to free up cap to resign Joe Harris but Brooklyn has been looking at ALL of their options. 

Philly has made it clear, Harris is not getting traded with his value at an all time low nor are Ben and Joel. Obviously Al will. The obvious target is Al Horford but they want to add value as well. CP3 is a target but he's not interested in joining Philly. How Philly handles this offseason will be so interesting to all watching. There has been talk of a Blake Griffin trade but neither sides are sold. Buddy Hield has been a target but he heard SAC is not interested. Philly's problem is #21 is an asset they want to keep to add another player. I was told Luke Kennard is a big target for them. 

Kevin Love is getting a lot of interest but Cleveland has to lower their price but Philly can be creative, get a late 1st and use it to do the Horford for Love deal. (4)It's going to be interesting to see what they can do. Keep an eye on the Knicks who have interest in Al Horford. He also was told Philly doesn't care about paying the LT to put a champion on the court. 

OKC is still rebuilding regardless of the success this year. They are not planning on resigning Danilo and they are going to trade CP3 to a team of his choice is what he was told if the offer is deemed fair. Asset gathering seems to be their current goal.

Toronto has been talking to MIN about #1 but talks seemed to end quickly as no O.G. or Siakam came up. Toronto been talking to a lot of teams including Atlanta but nothing concrete. 

So many teams are going to run it back in 2021 next year, it's insane. Only teams I expect to fall off are DET, OKC, CLE, and MEM. Teams to rise are ATL, NYK, BRK, and PHI. MIL and IND are teams could go higher or lower depending on their offseason moves. 

1. Pretty sure this is just Minny trying to start a bidding war and get the trading up teams to up their offers.

2. This is that deal conversation I was talking about.  Depending upon who is available at 4 this could definitely happen. They could take Thaddeus on a 1 year rental. The way I heard it is they pulled back because they don't want to make it if the player/players they want aren't available at 4.

3. The Boston deal, if it goes down will take a 3rd team and would look very complicated...like.  Boston Trades 14, 26, 30, Marcus Smart and future considerations for 6 and Marcus Smart (or other) and 3rd team takes 26, 30 for a higher pick and moving salary. It was very complicated how I heard it and it sounded like Boston sports writers starting stuff.

4. I hadn't heard this but it doesn't surprise me. New York desperately needs some kind of buzz and Horford has been a bad fit for Philly.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, thecampster said:

1. Pretty sure this is just Minny trying to start a bidding war and get the trading up teams to up their offers.

2. This is that deal conversation I was talking about.  Depending upon who is available at 4 this could definitely happen. They could take Thaddeus on a 1 year rental. The way I heard it is they pulled back because they don't want to make it if the player/players they want aren't available at 4.

3. The Boston deal, if it goes down will take a 3rd team and would look very complicated...like.  Boston Trades 14, 26, 30, Marcus Smart and future considerations for 6 and Marcus Smart (or other) and 3rd team takes 26, 30 for a higher pick and moving salary. It was very complicated how I heard it and it sounded like Boston sports writers starting stuff.

4. I hadn't heard this but it doesn't surprise me. New York desperately needs some kind of buzz and Horford has been a bad fit for Philly.

1. That's their plan is what I am hearing and that they are willing to even draft Ball and do a Wiggins/Love after the fact. 

2. He was told it was Young and Felicio, not just Young but he said the player they want at this spot is either Anthony or Ball. Wiseman wasn't the name he received. Nor was Toppin, Deni, or anyone else.

3. He confirmed Marcus Smart is not available for any trade. 

4. This one came up recently as Philly is really looking to hire Ty Lue. 

Another update I got other than a follow-up is that teams think 2021 will be one of the best drafts and like 2018 so it's really, really hard to get a pick in this class and believe me, teams are trying especially the Hawks. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
17 hours ago, thecampster said:

Thaddeus Young has 2 years left, last year is guaranteed at $6 million.

I would think these deals would occur at the draft when teams woukd know if the player they want is available.

11 hours ago, NBASupes said:

1. That's their plan is what I am hearing and that they are willing to even draft Ball and do a Wiggins/Love after the fact. 

2. He was told it was Young and Felicio, not just Young but he said the player they want at this spot is either Anthony or Ball. Wiseman wasn't the name he received. Nor was Toppin, Deni, or anyone else.

3. He confirmed Marcus Smart is not available for any trade. 

4. This one came up recently as Philly is really looking to hire Ty Lue. 

Another update I got other than a follow-up is that teams think 2021 will be one of the best drafts and like 2018 so it's really, really hard to get a pick in this class and believe me, teams are trying especially the Hawks. 

2.Anthony?

3.Good. I hate that guy..

Edited by terrell
  • Like 2