• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

17 minutes ago, DS5 said:

That's so silly. I'm not disagreeing with you about the perception around the league. I just think holiday has gone from underrated to the most overrated player in the league. He's a good player, I get it. But what has he done? Has he ever contributed to a winning situation? 

I disagree. I think he is a legit star. He reminds me of Horford. While Oladipo skills are still there, his athleticism just isn't what it was. He suffered an extremely excruciating injury so I feel for him a lot.

50 minutes ago, DS5 said:

All these deals are such overpay. If this is the rate to trade for a good, not all star, players, we might as well just sit by and wait for free agency where we'll have much less competition. 

Not true at all.  Teams will always clear salary to target the high level player that they want.

Unlike losing teams like us, the winning teams with no cap space see their young developing talent as chess pieces in order to get vets who already know how to play.

People look at what Milwaukee gave up for Jrue, and call them stupid.  What Milwaukee is banking on, is that Jrue helps the Bucks at least reach the NBA Finals . . . which will lead to Giannis signing the big 5 year deal . . . which will significantly reduce the value of the 1st round picks to be like early 2nd round picks ( 28 - 30 range ).   Meanwhile, the Bucks can make the 2 - 3 year run at a title. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

There's a pretty significant difference between AD and Jrue, no matter how underrated you think Jrue is. AD is a generational talent, currently a top 3 player in the league. 

9 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Look at the Anthony Davis using the logic being used in this thread -- the Lakers sent a #4 pick, 2 more firsts, and Ball/Ingram/Hart.  No one was saying the Lakers got fleeced in this deal, or making arguments that Anthony Davis struggled to get his team into the playoffs, etc.  

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

All this proves is you got surveillance footage of my last monopoly game.  And it was Marvin Gardens. I mean, nobody ever lands on Marvin Gardens!

Also .. why you surveilling my monopoly games, bro.  That's weird.

😄

My Monopoly strategy was to always try to get those orange and red properties on the corner.  They didn't break the bank and they were relatively easy to build houses on.  So I would definitely be the one trying to overpay to get New York Ave - Tennessee Ave - and St James place.

Problem with that strategy is that you MUS have someone land on those properties almost every go around.  If you didn't, and you hit a Green or Blue property, you're dead.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Do we still have traction with the "megatrade" or nah?  I thought Supes and Camp were saying that should happen yesterday or today (before the draft I guess).  Have the deals that are already done impacted the 3rd team and / or taken the trade off the table?  

No update, I've been extremely curious to get an update as the 3rd team is considered all in for 2021. Giannis resigns and does that change everything? Idk. 

I requested an update. We will see. Indiana is inching to do the deal to a degree but will the 3rd team is the question. The great 2021 FA class is looking mighty dim atm. 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

My Monopoly strategy was to always try to get those orange and red properties on the corner. 

Yes! That's the money corner right when people get out of jail.  The oranges are super nice because the houses are cheaper too

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, kg01 said:

giphy.webp?cid=ecf05e47k9lea2877fe6xpo3u

Heh. I'm just kidding, supey.  I think Jrue has been criminally underrated but I also think this trade was a criminal overpay.  Which is why I think both you and @DS5 are right ...er, wrong.

ETA: Can y'all imagine what the Beal trade's gonna look like once WAS comes to their d*mn senses?

Crazy but they believe they got a squad with John and Rui

23 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

My Monopoly strategy was to always try to get those orange and red properties on the corner.  They didn't break the bank and they were relatively easy to build houses on.  So I would definitely be the one trying to overpay to get New York Ave - Tennessee Ave - and St James place.

Problem with that strategy is that you MUS have someone land on those properties almost every go around.  If you didn't, and you hit a Green or Blue property, you're dead.

Honestly despite my joke, my stragetery (yes, strategery) was to do the same with the yellow and green properties.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

No update, I've been extremely curious to get an update as the 3rd team is considered all in for 2021. Giannis resigns and does that change everything? Idk. 

I requested an update. We will see. Indiana is inching to do the deal to a degree but will the 3rd team is the question. The great 2021 FA class is looking mighty dim atm. 

IF this were to fall through, are you going to share what this potential deal was supposed to be?

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Ok I’m convinced the 3rd team is Raptors. I definitely can see Ujiri  believing he can lure Giannis to Toronto 

• Thanks 1