• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

6 hours ago, Sothron said:

that goes back to what I said in previous threads. If we say this is our starting lineup next season:

PG: Young

SG: ???

SF: G. Hayward

PF: Collins

C Capella 

That only leaves SG as the position for the "megatrade" to fill. @NBASupes said it isn't Lavine. Jrue just go traded. 

Whose left? Klay Thompson? Bradley Beal? Middleton? 

DeRozan

So let me type this before I go to work.

Siakam for JC is a LATERAL MOVE.  It's straight stupid to do this, because Siakam is not that much more talented than JC, and definitely not a better shooter. JC has proven to be the perfect pick and roll partner for Trae.

For you insiders . . . . is there something more to JC's drug suspension that we don't know about?

Final thought. This is possibly the move that will make or break Schlenk.  If he trades Collins, and Siakam turns out to be no more than he is, he will be fired within 2 years if the Hawks don't make the playoffs.

If anything, you flip Capela for Siakam, and try to put together 2 high level PFs together.  That would be my play.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Siakam for JC is a LATERAL MOVE.  It's straight stupid to do this, because Siakam is not that much more talented than JC, and definitely not a better shooter. JC has proven to be the perfect pick and roll partner for Trae.

For you insiders . . . . is there something more to JC's drug suspension that we don't know about?

Final thought. This is possibly the move that will make or break Schlenk.  If he trades Collins, and Siakam turns out to be no more than he is, he will be fired within 2 years if the Hawks don't make the playoffs.

If anything, you flip Capela for Siakam, and try to put together 2 high level PFs together.  That would be my play.

That's not happening.

Update: 

Houston

Ben Simmons has not been made available yet from Philadelphia and Houston wants to run it back considering the trade market for both players (Harden and Westbrook). 

No updates on Atlanta right now. Other than they are looking for another late 2nd rounder. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, DS5 said:

I can't imagine Indiana wants to deal Dipo now after seeing what NO got for holiday and what the market is for a very similar player in oladipo. 

Jrue Holiday and Oladipo trade value couldn't be further apart league perception wise. Oladipo really didn't play well coming back from that injury while players think Jrue is one of the best players in the NBA who doesn't get the credit he deserves.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I like JC too no matter who believes it but Siakiam is a better overall player than JC today. Let’s not call it a lateral move when obviously one is a proven good defender and the other is not.

JC offers better offense than Siakiam no argument there. Siakiams one up offensively on JC is that he can put the ball on the floor better ....everything else offensively JC owns Siakiam but Siakiams offense isn’t bad it’s average to good depending on the matchups.

Defensively though Spicy P is killing JC as far as what we’ve seen. To be fair JC just got a good defensive center to be his anchor whereas Siakiam has had a good defensive center in gasol and good defensive PF in ibaka to play along with therefore for JC we could see huge improvement but the jury is out on if JC can be a better defender or not. Siakiam we know is a good defender if you put him next to capela.

I don’t think it’s a lateral move depending on what you’re looking for. If you want offense keep JC...if you consider what’s proven Siakiam is the better defender and today would be a defensive upgrade.

no matter.... I actually don’t believe any young core is up in any trade now based on what supes and thecamp has told us.

13 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Jrue Holiday and Oladipo trade value couldn't be further apart league perception wise. Oladipo really didn't play well coming back from that injury while players think Jrue is one of the best players in the NBA who doesn't get the credit he deserves.

That's so silly. I'm not disagreeing with you about the perception around the league. I just think holiday has gone from underrated to the most overrated player in the league. He's a good player, I get it. But what has he done? Has he ever contributed to a winning situation? 

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, DS5 said:

That's so silly. I'm not disagreeing with you about the perception around the league. I just think holiday has gone from underrated to the most overrated player in the league. He's a good player, I get it. But what has he done? Has he ever contributed to a winning situation? 

I've pointed out previously that Jrue played with a great big AD and haven't made any noise.

Bucks were willing to overpay since the focus is on keeping Giannis, that's primary.  Just like OKC was able to get more picks for PG since LAC's focus was more about getting Kawhi.  Teams in those situation are more willing to part with future 1sts like skittles.

• Like 2