• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

ESPN proposing this as a trade they want to see: https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/30332538/seven-big-nba-trades-want-see-week

Seems like a home run to me. What do you guys think?

Celtics in mix for Okongwu; Hawks get defense

Boston Celtics get: No. 6 pick in 2020, Dewayne Dedmon

Atlanta Hawks get: Marcus Smart, Nos. 14, 26 and 30 picks in 2020

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 minute ago, neanderballer said:

ESPN proposing this as a trade they want to see: https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/30332538/seven-big-nba-trades-want-see-week

Seems like a home run to me. What do you guys think?

Value seems reasonable but I'm not excited about adding 3 rookies from this class and I still have issues with Smart's broken shot selection.  Why a guy who averages 31% from 3pt range has found it necessary to take 4-7 per game I'll never know.  He is tough and would be a big boon to our defense.  His contract is not a big problem for us even though I think he'll want a ridiculous deal on his next contract.

So I don't blame anyone who loves this but I'm not in love with it.  If we did this (and this seems like too balanced a deal for Boston who only like abusive trades), I'd be excited for the impact for next year.

If we are doing some other deal that removes 1-2 of our young guys, then this becomes more attractive to me as far as adding 3-4 rookies (with our second round pick representing potential #4).

• Like 1

hace 26 minutos, AHF dijo:

This wouldn't be a fireable move for TS but would be fundamentally ill-founded.  Brown Jr. and Robinson are absolutely guys who we should be able to get comparable or better options on in the FA market.  No need to trade down to acquire JAG 8-12 rotation spot level players when you have all the cash in the world available for FA.

Well, I think we are underating Troy Brown's potential, I think talentwise he can be comparable to Kevin Huerter. Of course his skillset is different but he was making noise last year for certain parts of the season and he finished with prromising stats. He is a little bit younger than Huerter and made similar impact.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

So no mega trade, no draft trade up, no Harris or Bertans, maybe Hayward if we're lucky. Pretty anti-climactic for the "extremely active" Hawks.

Yeah, this megatrade has this thread over 300+ pages and we don't even know who the star player coming here would be. If the trade happens. Not supes fault if it doesn't go down but we should find out who it was hopefully.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, AHF said:

Value seems reasonable but I'm not excited about adding 3 rookies from this class and I still have issues with Smart's broken shot selection.  Why a guy who averages 31% from 3pt range has found it necessary to take 4-7 per game I'll never know.  He is tough and would be a big boon to our defense.  His contract is not a big problem for us even though I think he'll want a ridiculous deal on his next contract.

So I don't blame anyone who loves this but I'm not in love with it.  If we did this (and this seems like too balanced a deal for Boston who only like abusive trades), I'd be excited for the impact for next year.

If we are doing some other deal that removes 1-2 of our young guys, then this becomes more attractive to me as far as adding 3-4 rookies (with our second round pick representing potential #4).

We could always turn around and move some of those picks as well.

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, neanderballer said:

We could always turn around and move some of those picks as well.

I just don't think late first round picks have much value this year.  We could probably flip one for two second round picks or something but the only real value would be as compensation in a bigger trade where the other team wants to be able to claim they got 1 or 2 first round picks in the deal (even if they are worth more like the 40th pick in a better draft).

• Moderators
Just now, Diesel said:

I'd much rather have Smart than Rondo. 

That is a no brainer.  One costs nothing but cap space (Rondo) while the other costs you the #6 pick.  

I view that trade idea as basically Smart and #14 for Dedmon and #6.  The late firsts are like 2nd rounders thrown in.

Anytime you can get comparable value from a FA at a similar price, you don't do a trade.  There is nobody comparable to Smart on the FA market.  Dunn is the closest and he is a poor man's Smart.  

3 minutes ago, AHF said:

I think this is unfair.  Supes has been sharing info on this on a much wider variety of topics than just that potential "megatrade."  The discussion around the Capela deal made it worth it for me.  The length of the thread is more a factor of how much interest people have had in this wide variety of topics.  Anyone who isn't interested in Supes' info / discussion is free to ignore.

I'm for all open discussions, but to be fair, Supes was extremely bullish on the supposed mega trade. I think some disappointment or skepticism is not unwarranted. It's not personal or anything.

3 minutes ago, AHF said:

That is a no brainer.  One costs nothing but cap space (Rondo) while the other costs you the #6 pick.  

I view that trade idea as basically Smart and #14 for Dedmon and #6.  The late firsts are like 2nd rounders thrown in.

Anytime you can get comparable value from a FA at a similar price, you don't do a trade.  There is nobody comparable to Smart on the FA market.  Dunn is the closest and he is a poor man's Smart.  

Smart is a hot head and a jerk. Dont think he is good fit with our young group. 

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, AHF said:

When you look at the defensive talent of Smart.... He can cover a multitude of our sins.  His shooting is hurtful though.  However, if we follow up with Harris.... It forces a Cam/Hunter 3 and maybe sometimes JC to the 5 (in the future. ) but I think defense/shooting should be this offseason. 

• Moderators
1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

Smart is a hot head and a jerk. Dont think he is good fit with our young group. 

His temperament cuts both ways to me.  His competitiveness can be a good thing.  He can cross over that line at times which is what you are talking about.  It is a real question as is his offensive game.  Some people are much higher on him than I am.

My skepticism of him is why I am not real excited about that deal.  It is much more fair than the garbage deals we usually see floated which are typically Boston dreams rather than anything that could benefit the Hawks. 

• Like 4