• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

53 minutes ago, Dejay said:

Great Scott. His career shooting percentage from, I don't know, ANYWHERE is lower than Freddie Freeman's OBP. Hell, it's only 30 points higher than Freeman's batting average this year.

If this is the big offseason 'splash' move, count me out. Just say no to this, like Hamilton should've done in that musical...

That's because the "analytics" coaches believe that jacking up 3s, whether you make or miss them, are OK.

Smart should be taking nothing but midrange shots, or going and attacking the rim.

And with as big as he is, he should be posting up point guards a lot more than he does.  I believe they did that to Trae this year.  Trae had no idea what was coming.  It'll be the last clip in this video.

• Like 1

Okay this just popped.  Good authority this was leaked by the Hawks. There is a third team as well (undisclosed). They are playing them off each other for the best offer.  

The Hawks have had trade conversations with several teams for this pick, including the Pelicans (for Jrue Holiday, but that ship has sailed), the Timberwolves (for no. 17 and Jarrett Culver), and the Celtics (for their three first-round picks), according to league sources.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, neanderballer said:

I'm not sure I would want him starting, but he can play and defend 1-3 and would be a steady presence in the backcourt when Trae is out. His shooting isn't great, but it's been league average for the last couple seasons. I just think a guy with that competitive spirit and who plays that hard on defense would be a great fit, especially in a playoff setting. 

He may not be a great shooter, but he hit some big shots for the Celtics during the playoffs this past season.  IMO they do not make it that far in the Bubble with out Marcus.

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

Couldn't they have offered #14 plus a pick in 2021 and 2022. Seems like they had the ammunition.

In typical Dan E. strAinge fashion, he held onto his assets trying to destroy the other team in trade.  Then missed out.

Edited by kg01
  • Like 4

• Premium Member
16 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Depending on what GS does, we could see Obi Toppin going 8th overall to NYK. It's a joke but it is what it is. 

League sources believe the Knicks will take Toppin if he’s still on the board, though there’s no guarantee he will be considering he’s drawn interest from teams in the top five—namely, the Cavaliers.