• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Teague đŸ‘¶

Spud2nique

4 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

Jeff is coming home.  But, the old home place doesn't look the same.  All the old players that were here when you were, are long gone.  The place you played?  Wouldn't know, just look at it now!

As much as everything stays the same, all the coaches and players - - different.

Welcome home, Jeff T.

@Gray Mule Jeff is shooting 86.8% from the charity stripe this season. That’s good for 6th amongst all point guards and 21st best overall in the league.  Teague trails only:

Kyrie, cp3, Lillard, Rose and Augustin 

Trae is 12th overall in point guards (36th overall) at 84.5%

I know it’s a big point of emphasis for you Gramps. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member

This is great news! I always liked Teague and I’m glad he’s back. I hope he is cool with his BU PG role. I know he’s been doing it for awhile, just no idea how he feels about it. 

He knows the city too. Yeah, he will have to gel with our players and that will take some time. He won’t have to worry about all of that how do I get around, what is it like here, where to live, etc. stuff that we forget players go through when they are traded mid season.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, LucastheThird said:

Can't believe they forgot the OKC highlight against Westbrook! I'll never forget this season. Best year to have season tickets. 

First and only time in my life I genuinely felt the Hawks had a chance to go the finals. Seems so long ago.

• Sad 1

• Premium Member

John Hollinger via The Athletic

With the trade deadline still three weeks away, why are these teams doing the deal today?

In the case of Atlanta, at least, the explanation is fairly straightforward. The Hawks took on roughly $1M in salary between now and the rest of the season in order to add a legitimate backup point guard behind Trae Young. Atlanta has been absolutely eviscerated in the minutes Young was off the court this season.

With the Hawks at 9-32 at midseason, one can fairly ask if they’d be better off just taking Ls the rest of the way and improving their lottery odds as much as possible. In this case, two strong counterpoints weigh against. First, the damage has been done: Even if the Hawks play .500 the rest of the way they’ll end up with 29 wins and likely end up with a top-7 pick at worst. Second, there is no pot of gold at the end of this particular rainbow. Most evaluators consider the top of this draft class notably weak, with no Anthony Davis-type sure thing waiting for the team that lucks into the top pick at the lottery.

As a result, the Hawks can do the right thing for the development of their multiple young wing players (Reddish, De’Andre Hunter and Kevin Huerter) by pushing them into the right roles with a real point guard on the floor for all 48 minutes.

The other angle here is that it may possibly take the Hawks out of play for deals with their limited cap space. The trade removed nearly half of Atlanta’s $4.7M in room, potentially taking some small salary-dump deals off the table. On the other hand, it’s also possible they could flip Teague for a second-round pick in three weeks – surely they weren’t getting that for Crabbe.

Finally, if the Hawks wanted to make another deal, both Teague and Graham can be aggregated since the Hawks were below the cap when they acquired them.

Interesting stuff!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, JTB said:

Mr. Goodwin may have to hand over his number....I don’t know lol

To TEAGUE? 

What is Jeff gonna do if Brandon does his best Danny Glover in Lethal Weapon imitation, and tells Teague to . . . go (( bleep )) himself?

Teague better do like Melo, and add another zero.

• Haha 3

58 minutes ago, High5 said:

What did he say?

He shouldnt be an Allstar because he cant lead his team to wins...The Hawks should be alot better he says, and its all TRaes fault apparently..No mention of 2 rookies starting, our trash roster,  Collins suspension, or Huerter injury, etc..Idiot...