• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Teague 👶

Spud2nique

1 minute ago, Vol4ever said:

He is a dumbazz

I mean how are you gonna leave out out a guy who's top 5 in Points AND assists with good efficiency? That shit aint easy. I dont care what your're record is, or who youre playing with. 

• Like 4

• Premium Member

Treveon Graham:

Graham had fallen out of the rotation in recent weeks as the Timberwolves have intensified their focus on the development of rookie Jarrett Culver. The fourth-year 3-and-D project has struggled immensely from three-point range this season, shooting only 24.1 percent across 83 attempts this season. He is also struggling just as much going to the rim, which was never his strong suit, as he is shooting 44 percent at the rim this season, all the way down in the sixth percentile among forwards.

Graham showed prowess from three-point range in limited action two seasons ago with Charlotte, but has struggled to regain that stroke ever since. Nonetheless, it costs the Hawks nothing but the cash they’ll pay him to bring him in. He represents another switchable defender at 6’6, and figures to slot in somewhere in the Hawks mix of wing depth with DeAndre’ Bembry behind the likes of De’Andre Hunter, Kevin Huerter and Cam Reddish. Then again, Atlanta’s side of this trade was primarily about getting Teague, with Graham perhaps thrown in as a small cash savings for the Wolves. Given how poorly Graham has played this year for Minnesota, it wouldn’t necessarily be a surprise if the Hawks cut him loose in favor of an open roster spot.

Via Peachtreehoops

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
Just now, terrell said:

I mean how are you gonna leave out out a guy who's top 5 in Points AND assists with good efficiency? That shit aint easy. I dont care what your're record is, or who youre playing with. 

All he could do is shoot 3s top of the key.  I know he is commentary but Trae more than stats, he needs to watch a game or Two.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Good.  

Glad Teague didn't pressure Goodwin to give up his number just because he is a "vet".

Would you feel the same if it was Lillard who came over as well? Just wondering if it’s a vet thing or it depends on caliber of player.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Would you feel the same if it was Lillard who came over as well? Just wondering if it’s a vet thing or it depends on caliber of player.

Lillard is a future Hall of Famer.

Teague isn't even a Hawks Hall of Famer.

If I were Goodwin, and Teague wanted his number back, he'd have to play me for it.

Teague will help the squad, and maybe even help Trae.  Glad he's back ( for now ).

Edited by TheNorthCydeRises
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

All he could do is shoot 3s top of the key.  I know he is commentary but Trae more than stats, he needs to watch a game or Two.  

THat fool also said perhaps the Hawks plan is to START Teague at pg, and move Trae off ball. lol

Edited by terrell
  • Haha 4

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Treveon Graham:

Via Peachtreehoops

Shot 38% from 3 senior year at VCU, 35% career.. Hopefully he can shoot as well as Crabbe and I KNOW he can defend better than Crabbe!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Lillard is a future Hall of Famer.

Teague isn't even a Hawks Hall of Famer.

If I were Goodwin, and Teague wanted his number back, he'd have to play me for it.

Teague will help the squad, and maybe even help Trae.  Glad he's back ( for now ).

Oh so it’s caliber. Like if Smoove was a rookie in 04 and have #5 and Kevin Garnett came over to us Smoove would give it up? 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Oh so it’s caliber. Like if Smoove was a rookie in 04 and have #5 and Kevin Garnett came over to us Smoove would give it up? 

Smoove wouldn't give it up.  But with KG being an established star, he should.

9 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

That’s debatable.

So Teague is a top 5 Hawks PG of all time?

• Confused 1

56 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Smoove wouldn't give it up.  But with KG being an established star, he should.

So Teague is a top 5 Hawks PG of all time?

Yes I’d say 4 or 5. Around where Doc is statistically I would imagine. Neither an NBA hall of famer but certainly a Hawk HOF candidate imo.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

Trae Young has shouldered one of the heaviest usage rates in the NBA this season and the Hawks are14 points per 100 possessions worse on offense with him off the court – a product of not having a capable offensive steward on the second unit. Atlanta brought in Evan Turner over the offseason to play backup point guard before cycling DeAndre Bembry, Kevin Huerter, and Brandon Goodwin through that role while Turner mostly remained on the bench. That has placed an onerous responsibility onto Young, who plays over 35 taxing minutes per game, which could have negative long-term repercussions for the franchise.

“What we’re always worried about is the long term,” Lloyd Pierce said. “Has it affected him yet? No, but he’s got to be mindful of the long-term effect.”

That should make things easier not only on Young, but on the rest of Atlanta’s young players as well. Kevin Huerter can work almost exclusively as a secondary creator rather than a backup point guard while John Collins now has another player capable of collapsing defenses and setting up easy buckets. De’Andre Hunter and Cam Reddish can assume lower-usage roles, with the comfort that comes with having a veteran point guard on the second unit. All can benefit from Teague’s professionalism and steadiness both on and off the floor.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I think Teague is top 5 for career longer than 3 years.

1. Pete

2. Mookie 

3. Lenny

4. Teague 

5. Doc

Sounds about right. I never saw Pete or Lenny but they belong right there at those spots. For me as of now:

1. Trae 

2. Mookie

3. Doc

4. Teague

5. Jason Terry 

2 minutes ago, AHawks89 said:

I'll be there!

Oh hell ya! Enjoy that sir! Should be a fun one ☝🏾 

• Like 4