• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Half the season behind us, what FA targets are you most hoping on Schlenk's radar?

sturt

22 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Not FA Target, but Trade....

7 Trade Packages and Landing Spots for NBA's Top Offseason Trade Targets

They can't be serious. 

Besides the fact that Beal was just as bad as Trae on defense this season - that's suck an overpay for Beal.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2886023-7-trade-packages-and-landing-spots-for-nbas-top-offseason-trade-targets#slide6

That offer should come with an R-rating it's so offensive.  Did he mistake "Bradley Beal" for "Michael Jordan"?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• Admin
31 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

They can't be serious. 

Besides the fact that Beal was just as bad as Trae on defense this season - that's suck an overpay for Beal.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2886023-7-trade-packages-and-landing-spots-for-nbas-top-offseason-trade-targets#slide6

Agree ...  we will have the current seasons two worst rated defenders in the backcourt together... I would rather do a lesser package sign and trade for Ingram

• Confused 1

50 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

They can't be serious. 

We should throw in John Collins too. It doesn’t seem fair. 🤷‍♀️ 🤨 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Did he mistake "Bradley Beal" for "Michael Jordan"?

I could ask the same a couple years ago when you were 🤤 ing on Beal. 

McCollum to the Hawks? Hey Sturt watch this, I’m gonna talk it into existence! 🥳 -kg aka Brad Celery

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I could ask the same a couple years ago when you were 🤤 ing on Beal. 

McCollum to the Hawks? Hey Sturt watch this, I’m gonna talk it into existence! 🥳 -kg aka Brad Celery

Nah, I was never as high on Beal as this offer suggests the writer is.

Shiiiii, I don't think anybody has ever been as high on anyone as this offer suggests this writer is on Beal (huh?).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Nah, I was never as high on Beal as this offer suggests the writer is.

Shiiiii, I don't think anybody has ever been as high on anyone as this offer suggests this writer is on Beal (huh?).

It’s Beal’s gf... 🤫 ...her bball knowledge is...well not too good.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wow! I've noticed in every Hawk trade the payout is extremely high for us and we always lose the trade. No GM in his right mind would do that trade. I just love the hate for us. That reminds me of when Scottie Pippen asked Trae when will he get tired of losing. Then Stephen A. Smith made the statement Trae Young's numbers don't mean anything. If Trae was a Knick right now Stephen A. would be kissing his butt. Guys, embrace the hate because the league is now getting scared. They don't want a contender in Atlanta. Travis Schleck is the man.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Schlenk of FAcy.

What we’d like to do, ideally, is add guys to our core that we feel like are still growing, maybe not 20-year-olds, 21-year-olds like we have, but maybe guys in their mid-20s who still have room to improve and are maybe coming off their first contract, or that we feel like would be good additions to our group, and try to increase our depth a little bit.” 

Don’t be surprised if the Hawks show a little more aggression in free agency than they have in years past.

“If there’s guys that we think are good fits, we might be out of the gates a little bit sooner,” Schlenk said. “I think the thing I’m always hesitant of is a lot of the times the first couple of contracts handed out might not be the best ones, the ones that look the best on paper.

“I think it’s conceivable that we might make some offers before we have in the past, whether or not teams or I should say agents or players want to jump at the offers we make right away, or see if there’s something better out there, might prevent us more from signing someone right away, but I do anticipate us being a little more assertive in free agency. … It’s all going to come down to the cap.”

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Schlenk on Teague via Chris Kirschner (The Athletic)

I think Jeff struggled getting comfortable in the role he was in here,” Schlenk said. “Even though he came off the bench in Minnesota, he was really still getting 30 minutes a night. Here, depending on matchups and injuries and foul trouble, it could have been 15 minutes or 25 minutes. Even said to me that, ‘I feel like a rookie out here. I’m playing nervous.’ I don’t know if we ever saw the real Jeff Teague. He’s still extremely explosive with the ball and has the ability to be a really good defender. I think he was still trying to feel out the situation. I don’t think we saw what Jeff Teague has left in those 25 games that he was here with us. He’s going to be an unrestricted free agent this summer, and obviously backup point guard is going to be a position (of need) for us. And we’ll have that dialogue with he and his agent at the proper time.”

https://theathletic.com/1742809/2020/04/13/travis-schlenk-on-hawks-offseason-plans-from-draft-to-free-agency/

My Take:

I said this same thing numerous times that Jeff didn’t look comfortable on the court and very confused about what the offense was doing. We can call Teague a lot things starting with his passiveness BUT Teague has never been a low BBIQ on the floor. Jeff didn’t know what was going on offensively, the abilities of his teammates, and I think he just needed more time to adjust.
Other than that what’s a bit interesting is that Schlenk and LP see Teagues capabilities of today differently. LP recently said he wanted Teague to take more 3s cause he felt that he lost a step from  being as quick as he once was to beat his opponents....interestingly enough Schlenk as you can see in Chris article still believes Teague is explosive enough to beat his opponents. Personally to me I don’t think either one of them (LP/Schlenk) are wrong. Teague did show flashes coming back here that he was still very explosive or could be but again I don’t think we saw it as much as we could because he wasn’t fully comfortable. At the same time I’d agree with LP as well that since he is older now he will run into some opponents that he can’t take off the dribble as easily as he once could, in other words when it’s time to be more aggressive shooting on open opportunities he need to be ready to do that.
Last I’m glad to see Schlenk have the same thoughts I had regarding Teague! I never thought we saw the real Teague either and I actually think Teague and Huerter off the bench can be a top bench backcourt. I just look at these two and see FIT! Teague fits with a guy like Huerter in a lot of ways he fitted well with Korver years back. And even though I don’t know these guys I would bet they’re personalities being similar would play a big part in them being able to work together more than well and be successful on the court. I say resign Jeff, Schlenk....the party has just begun.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, JTB said:

Schlenk on Teague via Chris Kirschner (The Athletic)

I think Jeff struggled getting comfortable in the role he was in here,” Schlenk said. “Even though he came off the bench in Minnesota, he was really still getting 30 minutes a night. Here, depending on matchups and injuries and foul trouble, it could have been 15 minutes or 25 minutes. Even said to me that, ‘I feel like a rookie out here. I’m playing nervous.’ I don’t know if we ever saw the real Jeff Teague. He’s still extremely explosive with the ball and has the ability to be a really good defender. I think he was still trying to feel out the situation. I don’t think we saw what Jeff Teague has left in those 25 games that he was here with us. He’s going to be an unrestricted free agent this summer, and obviously backup point guard is going to be a position (of need) for us. And we’ll have that dialogue with he and his agent at the proper time.”

https://theathletic.com/1742809/2020/04/13/travis-schlenk-on-hawks-offseason-plans-from-draft-to-free-agency/

My Take:

I said this same thing numerous times that Jeff didn’t look comfortable on the court and very confused about what the offense was doing. We can call Teague a lot things starting with his passiveness BUT Teague has never been a low BBIQ on the floor. Jeff didn’t know what was going on offensively, the abilities of his teammates, and I think he just needed more time to adjust.
Other than that what’s a bit interesting is that Schlenk and LP see Teagues capabilities of today differently. LP recently said he wanted Teague to take more 3s cause he felt that he lost a step from  being as quick as he once was to beat his opponents....interestingly enough Schlenk as you can see in Chris article still believes Teague is explosive enough to beat his opponents. Personally to me I don’t think either one of them (LP/Schlenk) are wrong. Teague did show flashes coming back here that he was still very explosive or could be but again I don’t think we saw it as much as we could because he wasn’t fully comfortable. At the same time I’d agree with LP as well that since he is older now he will run into some opponents that he can’t take off the dribble as easily as he once could, in other words when it’s time to be more aggressive shooting on open opportunities he need to be ready to do that.
Last I’m glad to see Schlenk have the same thoughts I had regarding Teague! I never thought we saw the real Teague either and I actually think Teague and Huerter off the bench can be a top bench backcourt. I just look at these two and see FIT! Teague fits with a guy like Huerter in a lot of ways he fitted well with Korver years back. And even though I don’t know these guys I would bet they’re personalities being similar would play a big part in them being able to work together more than well and be successful on the court. I say resign Jeff, Schlenk....the party has just 

Didn't Jeff play mostly SG?

I've never questioned his BBIQ, just his heart and desire to be the best player he can be. His consistency, or lack thereof, maintaining an aggressive mindset has always been my issue with Teague. He was too willing to defer.

• Like 2

• Moderators
21 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

They can't be serious. 

That might be the worst Hawks deal I've ever seen.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• Moderators

I"d love to have Teague back and i think we saw flashes of what he can do in this offense.  But i don't think him hitting a lot of 3s is in the cards.  He needs open 3s because of that low release.  Getting him attacking the basket a lot is the way to go. 

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I"d love to have Teague back and i think we saw flashes of what he can do in this offense.  But i don't think him hitting a lot of 3s is in the cards.  He needs open 3s because of that low release.  Getting him attacking the basket a lot is the way to go. 

He refuses to take a lot of wide open 3s though.

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

I saw some of that but again i think that goes back to comfort level.  He wasn't that way in the past.  Certainly not on the level of Bembry!

He's always been that way.  Definitely not on the level of Bembry, but Teague has very rarely wanted to be the guy taking the shot and nearly always preferred to pass it to the next guy (and not necessarily for a better shot).

Bembry didn't shoot too many jumpers because he couldn't.  Teague can shoot the ball effectively.  Just needs to get more aggressive but we've been saying that for a decade so I think he is who he is at this point.  Definitely not the worst option for backup PG but not someone I'd cry over losing if he ended up elsewhere.

Just have to accept that Teague's series of aggression against the Bulls was the exception to the rule for his career.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I saw some of that but again i think that goes back to comfort level.  He wasn't that way in the past.  Certainly not on the level of Bembry!

Bembry knows he REALLY sucks shooting 3s, so I definitely don't need him taking them like expect Teague.

Teague has ALWAYS  been hesitant and he's capable.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

My guy Trez baby! Oh please let this happen. Trae/Cam/Hunter/Trez/Collins...ya I know Capela but that lineup just looks 🤒.

Maybe and it also screams other teams backups like Bogdan Bogdanovic,, Jerami Grant, Davis Bertans, and Kris Dunn if Teague is not resigned. If Schelenk believes in his picks, we can forget shelling out 20M for a BU. I don't see that much being invested in a BU; and it sounds to me like Schlenk wants his picks to start. I am good with that.

Depending on who we draft, I think a tweener like Grant would be a great fit considering how weak we are at SF and PF. @sturt pointed Grant out long before I did; but the more I look at out roster the more I like the fit.

• Like 2

On 4/13/2020 at 12:55 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

They can't be serious. 

Some of these writers are a trip. He must have been having a few to many sips when he hallucinated this up. Four 1st round picks and Dedmon for Beal; then he woke up and realized he just creamed his jeans over the cap crushed Wizards getting the deal of the new decade; courtesy of the Hawks.