• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

KB's thoughts on team building

KB21

• Premium Member

I'm made to think to myself how surprised I would be to find that a thread titled sturt's thoughts on team building would receive more than a few views, let alone replies.... same, if I posted one titled Ask sturt... probably even less.

That's all.

Carry on. 🙂

• Haha 4

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, sturt said:

I'm made to think to myself how surprised I would be to find that a thread titled sturt's thoughts on team building would receive more than a few views, let alone replies.... same, if I posted one titled Ask sturt... probably even less.

That's all.

Carry on. 🙂

You have to limit your word content, and use small words 😎.

Truth be told, most of these were pulled from other threads for hijacking them

5 minutes ago, KB21 said:

So, tell me.  What is the Hawks record right now and how many losing seasons in a row is this?

When you answer my question from 3 days ago, I'll consider answering your question.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Truth be told, most of these were pulled from other threads for hijacking them

When you answer my question from 3 days ago, I'll consider answering your question.

GETTEM BIRD 🦅!!! 

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Oh. Okay, that's fine. As long as there's no limit on word count, maybe I should give it a try. I'm pretty good at word content and using small words, if I may be so bold to say so. 😄

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
31 minutes ago, sturt said:

Oh. Okay, that's fine. As long as there's no limit on word count, maybe I should give it a try. I'm pretty good at word content and using small words, if I may be so bold to say so. 😄

Damn...I meant count 😂

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Gotta love KB, when wrong, don't acknowledge, move the goalpost or act like he never said it at all

Actually, what's happening is those who argued with me and are wrong will not admit that they were wrong.  I've been correct about this rebuild every step of the way.  There is absolutely nothing about this rebuild that I have been wrong about.  Not a single thing.  Don't forget that I told you it would be year 5 before this team regressed to the mean and started looking like a lower level playoff team.  Here we are, year three, and there is no hope for a playoff drive in year four without significant veteran additions.

You guys should just take your loss and move on.  The Hawks chose the wrong path to rebuild.  It's really that simple.

• Haha 1

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Actually, what's happening is those who argued with me and are wrong will not admit that they were wrong.  I've been correct about this rebuild every step of the way.  There is absolutely nothing about this rebuild that I have been wrong about.  Not a single thing.  Don't forget that I told you it would be year 5 before this team regressed to the mean and started looking like a lower level playoff team.  Here we are, year three, and there is no hope for a playoff drive in year four without significant veteran additions.

You guys should just take your loss and move on.  The Hawks chose the wrong path to rebuild.  It's really that simple.

So was trading for Capela a "major move" to improve competitiveness so as to void our bet or are we on for next year?

• Thanks 3

• Moderators
28 minutes ago, KB21 said:

It's not a needle mover.  The bet is still on.

Should be fun!  I usually try to be on the opposite side in these bets where I lose if the player or team exceeds expectations but my bet and rooting interests will totally align here.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

It really comes down to preference.  I'd much rather tear down and build up than just be competitive every year.  Neither method is guaranteed to make you a contender.  Fun to argue i guess....to a point.

As long as the build-up actually works.

That's where we're at now, of course. We're on the cusp over the 20-21 and 21-22 seasons to learn whether we've gained something better than the trajectory/treadmill we were on before.

20 hours ago, KB21 said:

It's becoming pretty apparent that nothing is actually going to happen at the trade deadline.  So, who are we going to draft in the 2021 lottery since it is apparent that Travis Schlenk will not do anything to improve the team for now.

Please admit you were wrong about this.  So we can all finally see you say you were wrong about something!  

• Haha 2