• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hiding Trae Defensively is priority going forward...

JTB

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

The title Warriors run a switching scheme as well the dominate Sixers. Rockets have a tremendous switching scheme. Switching works. Dallas does it all of the time. 

No scheme will work with our current starting personnel. Trae, Kevin and John are too garbage on that end

Sounds like you've made up your mind like many Falcon fans did in defense of Dan Quinn and Mike Smith for that matter.  You know how that ended.  We should not be closed minded with our assessments.  It is obvious that Pierce is giving minutes to player that don't deserve them and playing them in positions that guarantee failure like Vince at the 4 and John at the 5.  We'll have to just wait for that moment when we get a new voice in the locker room to see if a different coach will be better for this group instead of continuing to complain about what very good players can or cannot do.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Sounds like you've made up your mind like many Falcon fans did in defense of Dan Quinn and Mike Smith for that matter.  You know how that ended.  We should not be closed minded with our assessments.  It is obvious that Pierce is giving minutes to player that don't deserve them and playing them in positions that guarantee failure like Vince at the 4 and John at the 5.  We'll have to just wait for that moment when we get a new voice in the locker room to see if a different coach will be better for this group instead of continuing to complain about what very good players can or cannot do.

Perhaps you've also made up your mind on LP?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I will make up my mind after these next 26 games. If its the same 9 and 17 after Collins came back, even with Capela, Dedmon, and Teague added, I don't see how he cannot be blamed.

You improve the team yet the team does not improve. Who exactly should that be blamed on?

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

The Lack of success is evident and I'm not ready to conclude that players like John and Trae can't be successful in this league.  Those 2 have enjoyed success throughout their careers until they got here.  So yes, I'm willing to give people who have enjoyed success in their careers the benefit of the doubt vs someone who has never been successful.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

Maybe i'm wrong but i don't feel like our defenseive scheme is "switch everything" but guys get switched through screens on every team.  That's what nba offenses do.

I don't think so either, but You have to switch with intent, talk on switches, stay connected on switches.  

Switching just to switch because one player is too lazy to fight over a screen. It would help also if the back side defense calls out the screen to help their teammates avoid the screen or prepare for it. There just isn't enough vocalizing on defense.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Yep.  We need someone from the Mike Budenholzer tree.  

4 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

The Lack of success is evident and I'm not ready to conclude that players like John and Trae can't be successful in this league.  Those 2 have enjoyed success throughout their careers until they got here.  So yes, I'm willing to give people who have enjoyed success in their careers the benefit of the doubt vs someone who has never been successful.

You’re right, Trae had a such a storied NBA career before LP showed up.

Also, why does it have to be one or the other? Can y’all not handle the fact that our issues are deeper than “LP bad”? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Would a Prozingo-Collins+ swap help us defensively?

Not that I think DAL would do that since Collins doesn't fit their *ahem* profile.  Just asking the group.

I'll take 'end-around to talking trades on the GB' for $500, Alex.

🤠

That would help a ton but Dallas would laugh at that offer. John is one of those guys where we probably value him a lot more than others do. Millsap and Horford were like that too but they had tremendous impact while John just has tremendous stats. John is the Zack LaVine of PFs

6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

That would help a ton but Dallas would laugh at that offer. John is one of those guys where we probably value him a lot more than others do. Millsap and Horford were like that too but they had tremendous impact while John just has tremendous stats. John is the Zack LaVine of PFs

*gasp*

Oh man, the gif ban is really killing me.

I like ol' John and I see him really trying to be/do better.  But, bless his heart, I'm thinking he just doesn't have that it factor that will allow him to be impactful on both ends - to the extent that we need him to be.

Saving grace is maybe, just maybe, Capela/Deadman will have impact that will help him along.  We've seen that from Dead a bit already, hope it continues.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

*gasp*

Oh man, the gif ban is really killing me.

I like ol' John and I see him really trying to be/do better.  But, bless his heart, I'm thinking he just doesn't have that it factor that will allow him to be impactful on both ends - to the extent that we need him to be.

Saving grace is maybe, just maybe, Capela/Deadman will have impact that will help him along.  We've seen that from Dead a bit already, hope it continues.

Man, I hope John can workout better but we need a lot more from him. He's really the biggest reason why we are losing. He had more winning value last year that was manageable. I knew Kevin year last year was fool's gold, he just wasn't that talented and teams really haven't figured out how to guard players around Trae Young yet. 

I figure John would just be better. Maybe I overestimated John 

32 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Man, I hope John can workout better but we need a lot more from him. He's really the biggest reason why we are losing. He had more winning value last year that was manageable. I knew Kevin year last year was fool's gold, he just wasn't that talented and teams really haven't figured out how to guard players around Trae Young yet. 

I figure John would just be better. Maybe I overestimated John 

Perhaps.  Perhaps we all did.

I maintain hope he'll do better once we're whole after the ASB.

Either way, kudos to us for recognizing some potential roster flaws.  Better than just doing the low-brow "fire tha corch" stuff or incessantly pining for some other coach that quit on us.

13 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Either way, kudos to us for recognizing some potential roster flaws.  Better than just doing the low-brow "fire tha corch" stuff or incessantly pining for some other coach that quit on us.

I don't see any difference between harping on firing a player or firing a coach. Both are seen as weaknesses that need to be changed by some. For a 3rd year player Collins is killing it. For a 2nd year player Trae is killing it. The team needs more help, no doubt. But I think those two are the least of our worries.

Hopefully LP just needed a bonafide rim protector and his rotations will start making more sense. Even you have to admit that using a 43 year old 6'6" player who is shooting .293 from three is not the best idea for a stretch four role. Seriously man.

Edited by Buzzard

13 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Well, at least you are admitting that tanking isn't working.

2 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I don't see any difference between harping on firing a player or firing a coach. Both are seen as weaknesses that need to be changed by some. For a 3rd year player Collins is killing it. For a 2nd year player Trae is killing it. The team needs more help, no doubt. But I think those two are the least of our worries.

Hopefully LP just needed a bonafide rim protector and his rotations will start making more sense. Even you have to admit that using a 43 year old 6'6" player who is shooting .293 from three is not the best idea for a stretch four role. Seriously man.

The difference is the coach is part of management.  Changing him is a shift for everyone in the organization.  Changing a player is less impactful imho.  Apples to oranges comp.

We agree that Carter playing in actual games is ... less than ideal.

4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

The difference is the coach is part of management.  Changing him is a shift for everyone in the organization.  Changing a player is less impactful imho.  Apples to oranges comp.

We agree that Carter playing in actual games is ... less than ideal.

You are taking away the 2nd best scorer, now the 2nd best rebounder, and Trae's go to on just about the only plays our coach knows how to call. Huge impact in my opinion for the remaining players on the team.

Edited by Buzzard

5 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Schlenk signed VC for his farewell tour and VC expects to play. Playing him at the 4 is honestly his best role. And it's not like we have great alternatives anyway with Bruno constantly getting in his own way. (as rookies tend to do) I do hope he can stay healthy and we see more of him down the stretch, though. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Even you have to admit that using a 43 year old 6'6" player who is shooting .293 from three is not the best idea for a stretch four role. Seriously man.

Don't forget about his 2 RPGs and his 1 or 2 blocks this season.

• Haha 1