• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Kevin Huerter is the biggest NEGATIVE on this team right now

Bonkers

9 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Ya maybe put a 1 out there with him. The plus side is if Huerter is the primary ball handler in this situation, it would allow us to have our backup point guard (Goodwin, draft pick) to have other attributes besides ball handling and passing because Huerter covers that.

Essentially we could go for a backup point guard who is a scorer and not as much a passer point? @NBASupes, who do you think is the best point guard in the 2020 draft right now that isn’t a pass 1st pg? Basically whose the best scoring or defensive point guard coming out?

Cole Anthony

But who fit's our 2nd unit best, Killian Hayes.

Best defensive PG is Tre Jones

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, High5 said:

You want to elaborate on that?

He had a 1 WAR with over 2k minutes played. That's insane for a wing who also gets a lot of touches as a rookie or even a 2nd year player. He wasn't Matisse Thybulleing. He was playing an integral role. 

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2020-nba-player-projections/kevin-huerter/

Edited by NBASupes
  • Thanks 1

Our coach is just not great at in game adjustments. His out is he does not have a lot to choose from.

PG Young, Teague, Goodwin

SG Huerter , Reddish

SF Hunter, Graham

PF Collins, Vince

C Dedmon, Fernando, Jones

I and many others see how Fernando and Reddish should have received more minutes last night. I will be so glad when LP no longer has excuses for playing small ball. Its like he is pouting and playing small ball on purpose so we can get beat to death in the paint every night. Get well quick Capela!

1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

I'm not sure he's a good pairing with Trae. Trae needs a team with ideally four but at least three solid defenders in the starting unit. 

This... Trae and Huerter on the floor at the same time is a defensive nightmare. LP is so slow to adjust and his rotations are terrible. Even if Kevin is better offensively than Cam right now (that's very debatable), the defensive liability that he gives the team can't be offset with his mediocre offense. 

Mixing in zone has helped a lot (only took LP almost 2 full seasons to realize this 😒) but it's not enough. Bringing Kevin off the bench when Trae gets a breather is the obvious short term solution. Get it together LP DAMN!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

He's nothing like Kyle. He is purely PDS. He doesn't have any movement skills at all. Not fast off the ball, lacks movement stamina and just can't run much movement actions outside of flares. He is fine for what he is. He just needs a smaller plate. Playing next to Trae and being effective is hard as you use a lot of energy on defense playing with Trae 

Kyle Korver could not handle the ball.  Huerter at least has some dribbling skills.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

He had a 1 WAR with over 2k minutes played. That's insane for a wing who also gets a lot of touches as a rookie or even a 2nd year player. He wasn't Matisse Thybulleing. He was playing an integral role. 

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2020-nba-player-projections/kevin-huerter/

Where does "historic" come into play? 1 WAR is good, but it's nothing special. Doncic was at 5.9 last season. 6 rookies are currently over 1.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, High5 said:

Where does "historic" come into play? 1 WAR is good, but it's nothing special. Doncic was at 5.9 last season. 6 rookies are currently over 1.

You sound like a goofy. 1 WAR rookies who play 2k minutes and have significant offensive roles as wings or PGs are extremely rare. If you want to name Michael Jordan and other outliers to sound like a jackass, you can but what Kevin did as a rookie was amazing. I don't know what's so hars about that. He had an amazing rookie year 

Edited by NBASupes

3 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

The weight room is Huerter’s best friend this summer.

he should have been in there last summer, but we see no signs of that. It doesn't help that he said on camera out out of his own mouth that he hates the weight room

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Cwell said:

he should have been in there last summer, but we see no signs of that. It doesn't help that he said on camera out out of his own mouth that he hates the weight room

I must have missed him saying that? Well with a body like his I wasn’t expecting him to want to live in the gym or anything.

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Red velvet needs to be packaged in the offseason with our lottery pick (unless we get Edwards) to bring in a good young 2 guard All Star level talent.

Like who?  Sounds great but i can't imagine any all star 2 guard getting traded at all, or traded for that.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

You sound like a goofy. 1 WAR rookies who play 2k minutes and have significant offensive roles as wings or PGs are extremely rare. If you want to name Michael Jordan and other outliers to sound like a jackass, you can but what Kevin did as a rookie was amazing. I don't know what's so hars about that. He had an amazing rookie year 

Davis and Nunn are at 3.4 and 2.7 respectively. I guess they're both the next Michael Jordan. You can't spend all day posting these hot takes and then get so bent out of shape when someone questions you. 

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, gHost83 said:

This... Trae and Huerter on the floor at the same time is a defensive nightmare. LP is so slow to adjust and his rotations are terrible. Even if Kevin is better offensively than Cam right now (that's very debatable), the defensive liability that he gives the team can't be offset with his mediocre offense. 

Mixing in zone has helped a lot (only took LP almost 2 full seasons to realize this 😒) but it's not enough. Bringing Kevin off the bench when Trae gets a breather is the obvious short term solution. Get it together LP DAMN!

Trae and Huerter in at the same time is bad enough, but then LP is brilliant enough to put JC at center along with them to boot. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, High5 said:

Davis and Nunn are at 3.4 and 2.7 respectively. I guess they're both the next Michael Jordan. You can't spend all day posting these hot takes and then get so bent out of shape when someone questions you. 

Who the hell is Davis? Nunn isn't a real rookie. His age is 24 years old. He graduated with Jabari Parker

6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Who the hell is Davis? Nunn isn't a real rookie. His age is 24 years old. He graduated with Jabari Parker

Terence Davis is an undrafted rookie for Toronto. He's worth 3.4 Huerters so far in half of the time. GOAT.

For the record, I'm apparently one of the few people not trying to shoot Huerter into the sun right now. I like Kev. But there was nothing "historic" about his rookie season.

Edited by High5
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, High5 said:

Terence Davis is an undrafted rookie for Toronto. He's worth 3.4 Huerters so far in half of the time. GOAT.

For the record, I'm apparently one of the few people not trying to shoot Huerter into the sun right now. I like Kev. But there was nothing "historic" about his rookie season.

He's not playing a significant offensive role. He is a role player. He is not a significant offensive option for the Raptors. 

You sound goofy as shit

Edited by NBASupes

Really like the idea of huerter and Goodwin backcourt off the bench in the future. I think they fit extremely well together with huerters passing ability and Goodwin tends to have an aggressive Mighty Mouse scoring style (always bringing high energy).

nothing is wrong with huerter being a long time key role guy. He’s still very important to this team even though I believe he should come off the bench. I’d rather hold on to him as I still see great value in him.

• Like 1