• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Let's Talk Draft Picks

AHF

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, AHF said:

He was way more productive on his 3's than on his shots inside the arc.  That is to be expected when you shoot 41.2% from range on

What does Charles Barkley say all the time?  " You  live by the jumpshot, you die by the jump shot" 

15 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

You tell me then...What good team did that line up beat?

1) You don't use a single lineup the entire game. 2) We only beat like 3 good teams all season. But that lineup closed out the huge Miami win with a +10 in the 4th.

It's a lineup that has already shown flashes and it will only get better. With the addition of Capela and other improvements to our roster LP will be able to pick and choose his spots more. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, High5 said:

It's a lineup that has already shown flashes and it will only get better. With the addition of Capela and other improvements to our roster LP will be able to pick and choose his spots more. 

I wish I could trust LP like you guys do.  I saw too many leads blown by LP with ineffective line up that included Vince Carter.  I will take time for me to trust LP after last season.

4 minutes ago, High5 said:

5ec21480498db032bff5d42e6035c33b_crop_no

No one is worse than Nique. I mean, no one. The guy is seriously stuck in the 80s. Literally after every missed three by the opposing team, he goes "that's a bad shot." Um Nique, that was a wide open taken in rhythm just as the play was designed. Someone should make Nique a head coach, that would be hilarious. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I wish I could trust LP like you guys do.  I saw too many leads blown by LP with ineffective line up that included Vince Carter.  I will take time for me to trust LP after last season.

It’s not about trusting LP as much as it’s about not using an obvious rebuilding year against him.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
23 minutes ago, High5 said:

With the addition of Capela and other improvements to our roster LP will be able to pick and choose his spots more. 

My secret fear is that if you draft and/or sign under sized players for their position, LP will not only give them extra minutes but will push that player to the next position that usually requires an even large/longer player.  This is why I want to draft bigs!  Talented bigs will give LP no other choice but to keep an adequately sized team on the floor for most of the game.  I can't handle anymore more Young-Teague-Goodwin-Vince-Collins line ups!  Nothing against Okoro and I'm pretty sure he is a fine defender but he can't shoot and I've had enough of the Bembry line ups.  Our current wings can shoot so lets play them heavy minutes and let the chips fall where they may.

2 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Let's say Hawks are picking 5th and Edwards, Ball, Wiseman and Toppin are off the board. Who do you take?

Haliburton, Okoro, ,Okungwu, or  Deni..lol. Depends on what Schlenk is looking for...KIra Lewis Jr is growing on me too btw if we trade up for a PG....

Edited by terrell

13 minutes ago, terrell said:

Haliburton, Okoro, ,Okungwu, or  Deni..lol. Depends on what Schlenk is looking for...KIra Lewis Jr is growing on me too btw if we trade up for a PG....

"if we trade up to late lottery-mid 1st for a PG"

Edited by terrell

Smile 😃 Gramps! This one’s for you! And Buzz 🐝 and a few others. Everything’s going to be alright. 

6. Atlanta Hawks – Tyrese Haliburton, G, Iowa State

The Atlanta Hawks may already have their starting point guard for the next decade in the fold in Trae Young, but adding a combo guard like Tyrese Haliburton could take this team’s offense to the next level. Even though Haliburton is a player that will click with Young almost instantly on the offensive end, it’s Haliburton’s potential on the defensive end that makes me like this pairing even more.

On 8/15/2020 at 11:01 PM, bleachkit said:

Let's say Hawks are picking 5th and Edwards, Ball, Wiseman and Toppin are off the board. Who do you take?

Haliburton. He can do pretty much everything skill wise at an above average level. He’s just way too skinny. If he gains weight you could have a 2 way combo guard that fits perfectly next to trae and can run the offense when he’s on the bench. 

I am also warming up to Okoro too. He’s a project but everyone who has interacted with him say he’s the hardest worker they know. He could be a nice ++ defender and secondary creator with the starting unit. If he learns how to shoot you could have a real star on your hands