• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Let's Talk Draft Picks

AHF

On 8/17/2020 at 8:07 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

Watching the Playoffs....we need one of our wings Huerter, Cam or Hunter to be THAT Guy!!! We need a guy from that position that is a self creater and bucket getter. Who will it be? Or who is that guy in this draft?

Love this comment! I believe cam is the person who’s already on the team that has the best skill set and opportunity  to achieve this in very near future but even if that happens  it’d be nice to have more than two (trae,cam) if possible! Looking at the Celtics that’s a great benefit and advantage  they have. 
Huerter is going to be a good role player in my opinion at best, not down on the kid I’m just calling it the way I see it  and hunter still has to find himself in those creator situations. Sometimes hunter will do certain stuff in faceup situations that reminded me of joe Johnson this past season....I do think hunter could be THAT GUY on the wing for us if he took a joe Johnson like similar path perhaps or JJ style rather is what I’m trying to say but I’m not sure he can reach Johnson’s level scoring wise but he sure as hell could be a lot better than where he is now as a self creator.

Then I look at the draft and I know a lot of fans aren’t fully for Anthony Edwards but if we get the number one pick... to me because like you said we need a creator at the wing position who can go get a bucket at will outside of Trae , Edwards is one of the best scoring wing prospects in a very long time with a higher ceiling as a scorer than both cam and hunter in my opinion once he puts it all together and while I wouldn’t say Edwards is going to be great right out of the gates, I feel strong about his ability to be a scorer  in the nba or figure it out rather quickly. I really do! Like straight up the kid is going to figure out how to get buckets by year 2 at the very least...I’m not saying he’s going to be a starter but I can just see it. Scorer written all over this kid.

i get nervous about this draft this offseason because of all the times we ever wanted the number one pick that we typically don’t get this year feels different! I have a feeling we are going to come very close this offseason if not be picking number 1 ....and that’s  whats scary ! on one hand I understand how and why we’d possibly trade the pick to move back and gain an asset but then I think about what we are passing on and if adding assets is worth it over staying put and taking a talent like Edwards who fills a needs we have for a secondary playmaker and a high ceiling to be a possible great scorer in this era.

Trust me I’ve thought long and hard about this! Lol....it’s a no brainer to me if we are picking number 1 and apparently the warriors organization too who I’ve read from several national media sites that Edwards is their guy if they get the first pick no hesitation. I understand why though because like I said the kids Self creation and scoring ability at this stage is already very good and he has an overall ability to be a two way player but his scoring ability will make him a star in this league one day.

we have to be careful with what we’re passing on if we get the number 1 pick that’s all I’m sayin. I get we already have enough young players but yeah 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The 2020 Draft reps for each team.

The NBA has announced the on-camera representatives for the 14 teams participating in Thursday's lottery.

Atlanta Hawks: Jami Gertz

Charlotte Hornets: Devonte' Graham

Chicago Bulls: Arturas Karnisovas

Cleveland Cavaliers: Brad Daugherty

Detroit Pistons: Troy Weaver

Golden State Warriors: Stephen Curry

Memphis Grizzlies: Elliot Perry

Minnesota Timberwolves: D'Angelo Russell

New Orleans Pelicans: Trajan Langdon

New York Knicks: Leon Rose

Phoenix Suns: James Jones

Sacramento Kings: De'Aaron Fox

San Antonio Spurs: Peter J. Holt

Washington Wizards: Rui Hachimura

11 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I'm just as high on Edwards as I was on Cam.  If you get No. 1, 2 seconds into the draft you announce the pick.  He has so much two-way potential.  The first few years, I see him as a super sub coming off the bench and maybe in the final minutes lineup to give us so much versatility. 

Trae-Antman-Cam-De'Andre-John

Trae-Kevin-Cam-De'Andre-John

Trae-Kevin-Antman-Cam-DeAndre

Then you throw in Capela, Bruno, and Skal's.  Just so much defensive and offensive versatility around Trae.  That's how you build a championship contender.

I now know you and @Spud2nique are dopplegangers.  Haha.

Edwards will need to change the way he approaches basketball in order to be successful.

I think you and spud aka spud2marconique102 aren't acknowledging his massive weaknesses.  If he was half the prospect that y'all describe, he'd be the unquestioned top pick.

I'm surprised I haven't been able to sway either of you with my campaign of negativity.

• Haha 1

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/29690400/nba-nearing-final-steps-moving-draft-combine-virtual-event-regional-sites-sources-say

The NBA is progressing on plans for a virtual draft combine to be held at regional sites throughout September, sources told ESPN.

Formal plans could be completed and shared with teams in the next week, sources said.

In what's likely to become one of the most wide-open draft processes in years, prospective players would attend selected regional team facilities throughout the country, sources said. The plan would include team doctors administering physicals at local hospitals and league officials recording body measurables and putting players through physical testing at team facilities, sources said.

The NBA still hasn't made a final determination on the location or format for the Oct. 16 draft event, sources said.

Kind of double posted this.  I wasn't sure if this is news and notes or draft news.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I'm surprised I haven't been able to sway either of you with my campaign of negativity.

Oh trust me you have, just not in this topic. But you should see the looks I get when I go out! You’d be proud, I can smell the hate in the air 😃 

• Premium Member
55 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I now know you and @Spud2nique are dopplegangers.  Haha.

Edwards will need to change the way he approaches basketball in order to be successful.

I think you and spud aka spud2marconique102 aren't acknowledging his massive weaknesses.  If he was half the prospect that y'all describe, he'd be the unquestioned top pick.

You're gonna love this ☺️

I think I'm the best player in the draft...Anthony Edwards.

http://bleacherreport.com/post/atlanta-hawks/08c6d3c9-df8d-436f-9495-8fd8168ed6f8

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I think you are just looking at who Edwards is right now.  Every prospect at 18 has tons of flaws.  Based on my eye test, I see the things he does well and think about how those things translate to the NBA.  He's going to be a great scorer in my book whenever he puts it all together. You are more concerned about how long that takes, but to me, the Hawks have time to wait on him to get to the level.  His best way to get minutes next year, on the Hawks, is to put in defensive effort like Cam did.  He has all the tools to be a great defender.  I don't think he'll be a great team defender his first few years just because he's so raw. I do think he'll be a really good one on one defender though. 

Edwards is a hard worker by all accounts.  His on the court play doesn't show that at all times, but who was fully mature at 18?  He's super young and that's why I give him a lot of leeway with his bad habits. He has to learn to be fully engaged on both ends. He has to learn how to play better in an offensive system rather than being the offensive system.  He didn't start playing basket seriously until he was 14 years old.  In 4 years, he's made himself into the number 1 prospect by most in this draft.  He doesn't have the team IQ yet, but with his improvement in the past 4 years, I'm willing to bet on that talent. 

It's not about him being from Atl or going to UGA (I'm not a fan of that school). It's about the special flashes I see in him.  He is literally playing off talent alone right now.  With Atlanta's development system,  I see a two-way star in the making here. 

Nah, I hear you but still think he has significant flaws.  I hope he makes it though.

9 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Oh trust me you have, just not in this topic. But you should see the looks I get when I go out! You’d be proud, I can smell the hate in the air 😃 

pat.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

This interview made me like him even less.  Delusional.

You can tell he wants to be here.  How many times have we had people who didn't want to be in Atlanta? 

Thanks Travis for drafting these players that make the youngins want to come here.    I mean he also wants to be here because it's home town, but I'm still  thanking Travis! 

If we draft him, I'm going to super hope you're wrong and I'm super right. I'm sure that's the way you feel too. 

At least he's talking about being a great defender and realizing that's his way to stardom.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, kg01 said:

This interview made me like him even less.  Delusional.

I liked it.  The fact that he put more emphasis on defense than anything else is promising.  Thinks he is the best scorer in the draft doesn’t hurt my head considering that is the consensus among the scouts.  Had only good things to say about other players and teams and basically said he would do whatever the team that drafts him asks him to do is a smart approach at this point but the love for the Hawks was obvious.  

Tape and scouting reports matter wat more but I was expecting something pretty bad after reading the delusional comment.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, AHF said:

Tape and scouting reports matter wat more but I was expecting something pretty bad after reading the delusional comment.

You new here?  Hi, I'm kg.  I live long walks, bubble baths, and making obviously incendiary comments in semi-jest.

On a serious note, I do consider any suggestion that he wasn't terrible on defense to be pretty silly.  He's a complete overhaul on that end.  The draw for him is his ability to self-create.  But, to tap into that, he'll have to overhaul his handle which is almost as bad as his defense.

All in all, there's something there.  I just think whatever team he ends up on is in for a rebuild that shouldn't come with a #1 pick.

Hmm, that sounded almost positive.  Don't tell spud2marconique102.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Whose this @Carmine? Sorry just curious you spring into the scene when 🐦 was fading away. Coincidental? I think not.

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Hi, I'm kg.  I live long walks, bubble baths, and making obviously incendiary comments in semi-jest.

Is this supposed to be new or you archived it? 😂 #bubblesacbathbaby

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

You new here?  Hi, I'm kg.  I live long walks, bubble baths, and making obviously incendiary comments in semi-jest.

On a serious note, I do consider any suggestion that he wasn't terrible on defense to be pretty silly.  He's a complete overhaul on that end.  The draw for him is his ability to self-create.  But, to tap into that, he'll have to overhaul his handle which is almost as bad as his defense.

All in all, there's something there.  I just think whatever team he ends up on is in for a rebuild that shouldn't come with a #1 pick.

Hmm, that sounded almost positive.  Don't tell spud2marconique102.

I didn’t see him saying he was a stellar defensive player last year but that he could be when locked in and that in the pro game this would be more important. He had the tools but many athletes have no interest in actually playing D.  The fact that he focused on his potential defensively was at least a positive sign he recognizes how important this is to his potential value.  Unlike Zach Lavine or someone like that who has the gifts but zero interest.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Nah, I hear you but still think he has significant flaws.  I hope he makes it though.

pat.gif

I’m great with the mothers though, if I could talk to the mothers and have sex with the daughters, then I’d really have something going.