• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Let's Talk Draft Picks

AHF

2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

We can't relive this...Let it go instead of hijacking the thread.  You can show your love on Schlenk in other threads but this discussion is about why posters value players like Gallo or Bertrans over John Collins

Nope, this discussion is  "let's talk draft picks"actually.  Talking about Travis' drafting ability directly relates to draft picks.  However, I won't push you on admitting you were just stirring the pot about Travis and his draft history. 

We'd be way more concerned if he wasn't hitting on his high draft picks as they are the ones who most likely will turn into star players. 

Also, I don't have a love or hate for Travis as I understsand the plan he's laid out.  Next year, I expect the team to be in the mid 30's to low 40's win total, if he constructs the roster with useful vets.  I don't know if that'll be enough to make the playoffs, but I expect improvement. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

1. I don't think JC will gets a 25% max. He'll fall in between Sabonis ($18) and Jaylen Brown ($23)  at 20% of the cap for about $21 million.  Why aren't you high on JC? 

2. Stone hand Lens - I'd pass

3. Extrapolating from TS' previous comments, he has said he's looking for FAs/trades for players in the 24-26 range that can grow with the Core 5. 1 year deals for these older vet players is Ok. Signing older players to long term deals are non-starters. No one should be paying a limited player like Bertans $25 million per,  that's GM suicide. Especially in a post COVID cap market. 

1. Don’t think him and Capela fit and I think if we were to trade jc we can get a true #2 option to pair with Trae.

2. Lmaoo, no love for Len??

3. I hear you but I believe someone will overpay for bertans. I just know it won’t be us.

• Premium Member
24 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

We can't relive this...Let it go instead of hijacking the thread.  You can show your love on Schlenk in other threads but this discussion is about why posters value players like Gallo or Bertrans over John Collins

One poster. New Guy...ask him.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

One poster. New Guy...ask him.

I've seen a lot of posters wanting to trade Collins because they don't believe in him and would rather sign someone like Bertans instead of Collins.  Its just weird to me and I just can't see it.  What does John have to do to get some love from some of these posters?

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, Dean Walker said:

1. Don’t think him and Capela fit and I think if we were to trade jc we can get a true #2 option to pair with Trae.

2. Lmaoo, no love for Len??

3. I hear you but I believe someone will overpay for bertans. I just know it won’t be us.

1. That's fine, but if Collins was able to play with the corpse of Damian Jones, he can play with Capela. Besides, that's why you keep Dedmon so you can stagger his minutes with JC. Collins' growing ability to stretch the floor from 3 alleviates some of my concern with the pairing. So if the Capela/Collins pairing doesn't work, I'd trade Capela before Collins. What true #2 option are you trading JC for?

2. Len had his chance as a starter here last year. He is the King of missed bunnies. Trae could have had more assists if it wasn't for him.

3. There will always be one...just not us.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

1. That's fine, but if Collins was able to play with the corpse of Damian Jones, he can play with Capela. Besides, that's why you keep Dedmon so you can stagger his minutes with JC. Collins' growing ability to stretch the floor from 3 alleviates some of my concern with the pairing. So if the Capela/Collins pairing doesn't work, I'd trade Capela before Collins. What true #2 option are you trading JC for?

2. Len had his chance as a starter here last year. He is the King of missed bunnies. Trae could have had more assists if it wasn't for him.

3. There will always be one...just not us.

I’m probably going to get killed fo this but I’d try and trade jc to Golden state for the #2 pick and take Edwards.

trae-Edwards-Cam-?-Capela 

that would be my dream scenario if we are being honest.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I've seen a lot of posters wanting to trade Collins because they don't believe in him and would rather sign someone like Bertans instead of Collins.  Its just weird to me and I just can't see it.  What does John have to do to get some love from some of these posters?

When you say a lot what does that entail. I count 3 I remember offhand - Supes, JTB and NewGuy.

Supes wanted to trade JC to draft Toppin and sign Montrezl for $20 mil. He has since changed his stance

JTB - I don't remember who he wanted

New Guy -  ok with paying Gallo $25 but not Collins.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Dean Walker said:

I’m probably going to get killed fo this but I’d try and trade jc to Golden state for the #2 pick and take Edwards.

Absolutely not. That helps GSW more than us. Hell naaaw!

I would not trade for anyone in THIS draft for Collins. It is the wrong direction for the Hawks trying to make the playoffs next season. Now we have to hope to sign a PF that'll give us an easy 20/10 while pinning our hopes on a rookie SG starting.

You need to wake up from your dream buddy.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I would not trade for anyone in THIS draft for Collins. It is the wrong direction for the Hawks trying to make the playoffs next season. Now we have to hope to sign a PF that'll give us an easy 20/10 while pinning our hopes on a rookie SG starting.

Get em Bird!:clapping:

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Lol fair enough, agree to disagree I guess.

26 minutes ago, Dean Walker said:

The thing about Edwards is he's a very risky prospect. You might be getting Dwayne Wade, or you might be getting JR Smith.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Can you for my understanding...What don't you see in John Collins that has you down on him or has you placing more value on Capela than John?

Listen I don’t hate jc I think he is a good /borderline all star player. I just don’t think he can be a true #2 on a playoff/contending team and with the acquisition of Capela I don’t think it would make much sense to commit some much of our capspace between those two.

I think we can acquire a true #2 or someone who has the potential to be one if we were to put jc on the block(not sure if Travis and co will or have)

I just don’t feel comfortable committing so much of our capspace to 2 big men especially in today’s nba.

its why I never was a fan of the Capela trade in the first place. In the modern nba jc’s position is the 5. With Capela here I don’t believe jc will be able to reach his true potential.

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

The thing about Edwards is he's a very risky prospect. You might be getting Dwayne Wade, or you might be getting JR Smith.

That is true but I think lyod pierce and co  could help him reach his full potential.

Edwards,Trae and cam would truly be special man.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Dean Walker said:

I just don’t feel comfortable committing so much of our capspace to 2 big men especially in today’s nba.

You literally proposed a commitment of $75 million to a big man in Gallo so this is specific to John.  What does Gallo offer that John does not?

• Premium Member
Just now, Peoriabird said:

You literally proposed a commitment of $75 million to a big man in Gallo so this is specific to John.  What does Gallo offer that John does not?

Spacing.

i do not believe jc is a reliable enough 3 point shooter to spread the floor while he and Capela play together.

gallo at the 4 would keep the floor spaced not only for Trae and cam but for Capela in the p&r.