• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Let's Talk Draft Picks

AHF

Per Woo of SI, 

Atlanta Hawks (20-47)

Odds to win: 12.5%

Odds of top-four finish: 48.1%

Having made trades in the lottery in consecutive drafts under Travis Schlenk, at this point it’s sensible to view the Hawks’ pick as movable and fluid, regardless of where it lands. If Atlanta wins the No. 1 pick, it’s hard to see it passing on a potential hometown star in Anthony Edwards (who was personally scouted by Schlenk and owner Tony Ressler on at least one occasion this season). But the Hawks love to pick up draft assets and maximize flexibility, and with a young star in Trae Young and developing talent at every position, could be open to moving around in the lottery. Young’s presence makes it tough to see them ending up with one of the available guards, but it’s unclear whether their trade for Clint Capela (intended to bolster their defense and accelerate a playoff push) would preclude them from taking a younger big like Wiseman or Okongwu.

• Like 1

I want the #1 or #2 pick. We can Trade it if Schlenk doesn't love Edwards or Melo..Then come out of the draft with Okungwu, Okoro, Wiseman, Hayes, Toppin, Deni, or Haliburton, and  2021 1st...lol

Edited by terrell
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, Wretch said:

Yup.  As soon as Trae broke out, our future just kind of wrote itself in my mind.  He needs a legit scoring compliment and that player needs to be a 2/3.

That being said, Edwards fits the description almost perfectly.  I've pondered how Melo and Trae could play off of each other, and it's interesting...but there's no way we can pass on AntMan if we get the top pick.  IMO, there's a FEW options down to the #4 throwing in  Deni and Wiseman, but outside of those guys, I think STRONG consideration is being made for a trade.  Honestly, I think it's inevitable and the talk is probably happening regardless. 

We're in a different mode now...or at least we should be.  Rebuilding is about finding a star and obtaining young talent/assets.  We did it.  We literally have a superstar, we are OVERFLOWING with young talent, and we're about to pick up another high quality asset.  We don't need young players to develop right now.  We need results.  We can't just NOT make the playoffs next season.  It would be a disaster.  So I think this pick (especially if we don't land immediate help) is on the block - along with some of our prime stock. 

Otherwise, if Schlenk believes we'll come out strong, I can see us taking and keeping a high-upside guy from this draft while rebuffing ransom demands for established talent.  That'll last up until around the All Star break.  At which time, if we're not closing in or locking up a playoff seed, change is a comin'!

So there's my "jump in and jump out" thoughts on our draft pick.  I don't think we want it... Unless it's a specific guy, like literally Ant Man...we're gonna trade it.

😬

The highest upside guys Edwards, Melo, Hayes, Wiseman, and Pokusevski imo.  THey could all be busts too though....

• Premium Member
26 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

😂 😂 😂 That says a lot.

I keep trying to tell people (social media mostly).  The Hawks are now in WIN mode. They are not focused on getting potential talent and assets.  We got enough of that.  They are trying to keep our star happy and they are trying to win ballgames.  If you have a sacred cow, you might want to prepare yourself...lol  If we're not confident in THIS squad, or if the right deal is on the table, our pick and some of our young talent is on the move.

My prediction is if the ping-pong balls don't fall right, we're trading it.

1 minute ago, Wretch said:

My prediction is if the ping-pong balls don't fall right, we're trading it.

We had balls 🏀 like Tony Montana this time because we have the ammo to back up our stuff via cap n picks and all that lovely 😊 stuff.

Schlenk feelin himself like Tony tonight..

• Haha 1

• Premium Member

As for who I want...

Edwards/Melo...with Edwards taking the edge because...and I hate to say it, but it's the right fit.  I like Deni over Wiseman, but wouldn't be upset at either.  I'm warming up to the wings in the back half of the lottery if we trade down, Vassell and Okoro, because of their defensive potential.  I'm partial to Vassell because of the form on his shot.  Looks smooth and he may have a higher offensive upside.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Wretch said:

As for who I want...

Edwards/Melo...with Edwards taking the edge because...and I hate to say it, but it's the right fit.  I like Deni over Wiseman, but wouldn't be upset at either.  I'm warming up to the wings in the back half of the lottery if we trade down, Vassell and Okoro, because of their defensive potential.  I'm partial to Vassell because of the form on his shot.  Looks smooth and he may have a higher offensive upside.

No Gwu for you? I’m a poet and I don’t know it. 😉