• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Let's Talk Draft Picks

AHF

5 hours ago, NBASupes said:

These guys aren't Basketball heads and that's why nerds and the heads don't always get along. I tend to be both. I am a former Hooper who also is into heavy analytics and the modernization of the game. Best of both worlds. 

Impact has always been #1 to me and what impacts the game the most is where I tend to lean to for pros. For prospects, I tend to cast a far more broad net as the most impactful guys on the previous might not translate to the modern NBA. 

Never before has a head and nerd been one. At last, the dawning of the Ubermensch. 

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

Back to the draft talk....

Given how there has been some talk of the Hawks potentially trading for a second pick in the mid/late 1st round, what non-lottery players are you looking for?

Personally, I'd like to see them grab SF Jordan Nwora, for more size, depth, and good 3 ball.

Or maybe PG RJ Hampton (especially bc i prefer they don't get a PG at 6). He's also got good size for his position and will be a good backup.

Nice re-rail.

I'd like to get an early 2nd to pick up a guy like Hagans or Nwora.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bird_dirt said:

Back to the draft talk....

Given how there has been some talk of the Hawks potentially trading for a second pick in the mid/late 1st round, what non-lottery players are you looking for?

Personally, I'd like to see them grab SF Jordan Nwora, for more size, depth, and good 3 ball.

Or maybe PG RJ Hampton (especially bc i prefer they don't get a PG at 6). He's also got good size for his position and will be a good backup.

Yes, I like the idea of Hampton at that point in the first round also. Rashard Phillips is super high on him.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Nice re-rail.

I'd like to get an early 2nd to pick up a guy like Hagans or Nwora.

Ashton Hagans? Are you trying to kiss up to @AHF or something?

I don't see an NBA future with him, but I'm admittedly not an official NBA head or nerd.

TBH, the Cat i was most impressed with at UK was Immanuel Quickley. 

• Haha 1

Just now, bird_dirt said:

Ashton Hagans? Are you trying to kiss up to @AHF or something?

I don't see an NBA future with him, but I'm admittedly not an official NBA head or nerd.

TBH, the Cat i was most impressed with at UK was Immanuel Quickley. 

What did you think of Maxey? I think he's got real sleeper potential. And don't all those UK Cats usually bust out in the NBA after being held back by Cal's system.

1 minute ago, parfait said:

What did you think of Maxey? I think he's got real sleeper potential. And don't all those UK Cats usually bust out in the NBA after being held back by Cal's system.

I didn't think he was a great as it seemed he was hyped to be. Not bad, just not amazing. The eggsperts (TM @kg01) are higher on him than I am. 

Quickley produced the most "wow" moments for me, but I didn't watch every game so maybe it was just catching Quickley good days/Maxey meh days.

4 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

I didn't think he was a great as it seemed he was hyped to be. Not bad, just not amazing. The eggsperts (TM @kg01) are higher on him than I am. 

Quickley produced the most "wow" moments for me, but I didn't watch every game so maybe it was just catching Quickley good days/Maxey meh days.

Funny, I don't think Quickley is an NBA player.  Conversely, I think Maxey has a bright NBA future.

• Like 2

• Moderators

Maxey's NBA future depends on his plus shooting that was projected in high school returning.  He had a year a bit similar to Cam's freshman season where UK fans spent the whole year waiting for him to get hot and it never happened.  Did better than Cam but didn't have the injury issues that affected Cam.  I'd like to see him do well in the NBA but don't think he will be ready out of the gate like Herro was this year.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Funny, I don't think Quickley is an NBA player.  Conversely, I think Maxey has a bright NBA future.

I hope they both do well. 

Quickley just had a knack for producing in key moments and turned things around in games. Maxey wasn't bad, but he didn't really take over a game. There's gotta be another gear in there that he just hasn't unlocked yet.

Or maybe he did, but I missed it. Small sample size.

2 hours ago, AHF said:

Maxey's NBA future depends on his plus shooting that was projected in high school returning.  He had a year a bit similar to Cam's freshman season where UK fans spent the whole year waiting for him to get hot and it never happened.  Did better than Cam but didn't have the injury issues that affected Cam.  I'd like to see him do well in the NBA but don't think he will be ready out of the gate like Herro was this year.

Yeah, I think DraftTwitter, at least, buys the shooting from his high school/EYBL days. That's why DraftTwitter has Maxey generally in the 5-10 range, unlike the sourced draft projections.

• Premium Member
Just now, parfait said:

I kind of agree with @marco102 I think Killian is big enough, and enough of a scorer, to play alongside Trae. Although, his spot up shooting numbers would need to improve.

Yeah but he’ll always be a backup here.

Wether it’s behind Trae at pg or cam at the 2, unless we make Cam a 3 long term I don’t like the fit.

29 minutes ago, Dean Walker said:

Yeah but he’ll always be a backup here.

Wether it’s behind Trae at pg or cam at the 2, unless we make Cam a 3 long term I don’t like the fit.

Anyone we draft will most likely be a backup.   No team has ever won a championship with Just five players. You need to be deep. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
Just now, marco102 said:

Anyone we draft will most likely be a backup.   No team has ever won a championship with Just five players. You need to be deep. 

Definitely should plan on that for year 1 and likely for year 2 as well.  Want someone who with the ability to contribute some and with the upside to develop into more long-term but we have people farther along the development curve ahead of them. The mere fact that they will play a backup role is just fine.  

BPA.

• Like 3