• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Let's Talk Draft Picks

AHF

• Moderators

I found the statement from PH that they bring him over immediately to be strange.  He looks unplayable his rookie year to me and he is sooo young.  Why wouldn’t you want him to spend at least a year in Europe developing before starting his NBA clock?  He seems like an ideal draft and stash candidate to me.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, AHF said:

I found the statement from PH that they bring him over immediately to be strange.  He looks unplayable his rookie year to me and he is sooo young.  Why wouldn’t you want him to spend at least a year in Europe developing before starting his NBA clock?  He seems like an ideal draft and stash candidate to me.

Totally agree. Theirs no way he can play against nba level competition right now.

if anything I can see him getting minutes in the g-league.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
15 hours ago, Dean Walker said:

Yeah he seems to be getting a lot of hype right now.

Hey look, it's a new Squawker. Welcome aboard @Dean Walker

Who do you think the Hawks should draft at #6 and why? 

Who should we sign as a FA?

What would your ideal roster look like in 2020/21

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Hey look, it's a new Squawker. Welcome aboard @Dean Walker

Who do you think the Hawks should draft at #6 and why? 

Who should we sign as a FA?

What would your ideal roster look like in 2020/21m

Thanks I’ve been a long time lurker and I’m happy to be aboard.

- I think at 6 we should take Deni or okoro. I know everybody’s talking about Haliburton but I don’t want to waste the 6th pick on a backup pg. if theirs anyway  we can move up for ant man we should do it.

-ideally we should be targeting either gallo or bertans. I would love to pry Christian wood away from Detroit but I doubt it’s possible .I’m Not very high on fvv  I would stay away from him. Other vets I hope we look at are Justin Holiday,Marco Belinelli, and Jae crowder.

-my ideal roster would be:

pg.trae/Lonzo-sg.Cam/Kevin H-sf.gallo/hunter-PF.JC/hunter-C.Capela/JC

That’s a playoff team imo. Especially if cam makes the leap I think he will.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AHF said:

He seems like an ideal next Jan Vesely candidate to me.  6 years away from being 2 years into the Australian league.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, Dean Walker said:

Thanks I’ve been a long time lurker and I’m happy to be aboard.

- I think at 6 we should take Deni or okoro. I know everybody’s talking about Haliburton but I don’t want to waste the 6th pick on a backup pg. if theirs anyway  we can move up for ant man we should do it.

-ideally we should be targeting either gallo or bertans. I would love to pry Christian wood away from Detroit but I doubt it’s possible .I’m Not very high on fvv  I would stay away from him. Other vets I hope we look at are Justin Holiday,Marco Belinelli, and Jae crowder.

-my ideal roster would be:

pg.trae/Lonzo-sg.Cam/Kevin H-sf.gallo/hunter-PF.JC/hunter-C.Capela/JC

That’s a playoff team imo. Especially if cam makes the leap I think he will.

What are you trading to get Lonzo and what FA contract are you offering Gallo?

Belli is done.

I don't mind Holiday and Crowder.

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

What are you trading to get Lonzo and what FA contract are you offering Gallo?

Belli is done.

I don't mind Holiday and Crowder.

- for Lonzo I’d try and offer dedmon and a future 2nd or 1st. Lonzo’s value is at an all time low so I think that would be a good offer.

- as for gallo I’d offer him a 3year 75mil dollar deal but knowing we want to be in the Giannis sweepstakes and every penny will count I can see Travis and co offering him a 1year max deal.

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Dean Walker said:

- for Lonzo I’d try and offer dedmon and a future 2nd or 1st. Lonzo’s value is at an all time low so I think that would be a good offer.

- as for gallo I’d offer him a 3year 75mil dollar deal but knowing we want to be in the Giannis sweepstakes and every penny will count I can see Travis and co offering him a 1year max deal.

1. I don't see Schlenk moving Dedmon as one of the reasons for trading back for him was not only what he'll do oncourt, but because 'his voice was sorely missed in the locker room.' Trae and Collins are his biggest 'fans'. There's a big difference between a future 2nd or future 1st. We can take Lonzo into capspace without moving Dedmon.

2. Who will you sign to backup Capela at C. We can't go into the season with Collins as the fulltime backup. We need a C capable of starting if injuries happen.

3. 3/$75 for Gallo is too much. He's 32. I don't think his defense is enough to help with Trae to warrant that salary.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

3. 3/$75 for Gallo is too much. He's 32. I don't think his defense is enough to help with Trae to warrant that salary.

Gallo is officially on my hate list after watching him in the playoffs.  This is exactly the kind of player we don't need.  Dude has no passion and sucks on defense.  One of those soft as butter players that win you nothing.

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

1. I don't see Schlenk moving Dedmon as one of the reasons for trading back for him was not only what he'll do oncourt, but because 'his voice was sorely missed in the locker room.' Trae and Collins are his biggest 'fans'. There's a big difference between a future 2nd or future 1st. We can take Lonzo into capspace without moving Dedmon.

2. Who will you sign to backup Capela at C. We can't go into the season with Collins as the fulltime backup. We need a C capable of starting if injuries happen.

1. Honestly Im not really high on jc(I don’t want to give him the max in his upcoming extension) so how he feels really doesn’t matter to me, but I did not know that Trae feels that way about him which I agree would make me weary of dealing dedmond.You’re right we can just take him into capspace but as low has lonzos value is right now I still think the pelicans would want to get at least something back for him. Their not just going to trade him for nothing.

2.I’d try and bring back Len. I loved him when he was here.

3. i totally agree about 3years 75mil being to much for gallo but outside of the the playoffs he had a very good year and him being 32 this is his last chance to cash out so i don’t think he’d take anything less. Their will be other suitors willing to pay him much more in money and years(nyk,Heat). I’d prefer to go after bertans but if you think 3 years 75mil is to much for gallo bertans will command way more than that. With Travis and co having an eye on Giannis and the 2021 fa class I believe we have no shot to come close to what bertans would/will command.

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, Dean Walker said:

1. Honestly Im not really high on jc(I don’t want to give him the max in his upcoming extension) so how he feels really doesn’t matter to me, but I did not know that Trae feels that way about him which I agree would make me weary of dealing dedmond.You’re right we can just take him into capspace but as low has lonzos value is right now I still think the pelicans would want to get at least something back for him. Their not just going to trade him for nothing.

2.I’d try and bring back Len. I loved him when he was here.

3. i totally agree about 3years 75mil being to much for gallo but outside of the the playoffs he had a very good year and him being 32 this is his last chance to cash out so i don’t think he’d take anything less. Their will be other suitors willing to pay him much more in money and years(nyk,Heat). I’d prefer to go after bertans but if you think 3 years 75mil is to much for gallo bertans will command way more than that. With Travis and co having an eye on Giannis and the 2021 fa class I believe we have no shot to come close to what bertans would/will command.

1. I don't think JC will gets a 25% max. He'll fall in between Sabonis ($18) and Jaylen Brown ($23)  at 20% of the cap for about $21 million.  Why aren't you high on JC? 

2. Stone hand Lens - I'd pass

3. Extrapolating from TS' previous comments, he has said he's looking for FAs/trades for players in the 24-26 range that can grow with the Core 5. 1 year deals for these older vet players is Ok. Signing older players to long term deals are non-starters. No one should be paying a limited player like Bertans $25 million per,  that's GM suicide. Especially in a post COVID cap market. 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, marco102 said:

Well you were the one who said Travis couldn't draft, so why value John Collins more than a minimum contract? 

Don't start fake news...My statement was outside the top 19 picks he struggles especially in the 2nd round.  He hasn't hit on 1 2nd round pick yet!

4 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Don't start fake news...My statement was outside the top 19 picks he struggles especially in the 2nd round.  He hasn't hit on 1 2nd round pick yet!

No your statement originally was he was a bad drafter.  Then you switched it up to say outside of the top 19 picks.  If you want me to drag up the posts, I will. 

Just saying you be posting some real strawmen arguments.  Then question why people want to replace some of Travis draft picks that are part of the core.   If he's such a bad drafter, even in the second round which most teams don't hit on, why sit here and argue when people try to replace one of his draft picks?

Because deep down you know he's done a pretty good job reconstructing the team with young talent.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, marco102 said:

No your statement originally was he was a bad drafter.  Then you switched it up to say outside of the top 19 picks.  If you want me to drag up the posts, I will. 

Just saying you be posting some real strawmen arguments.  Then question why people want to replace some of Travis draft picks that are part of the core.   If he's such a bad drafter, even in the second round which most teams don't hit on, why sit her and argue when people try to replace one of his draft picks?

We can't relive this...Let it go instead of hijacking the thread.  You can show your love on Schlenk in other threads but this discussion is about why posters value players like Gallo or Bertrans over John Collins