• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Let's Talk Trade Ideas!

JayBirdHawk

2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Ya it seems somebody has to drop out of the elite 8, just determining how much of a drop off between the 6th and 8th pick in the Hawks brass’s minds. 

You all seem to like Frank more than me. I don’t seem as impressed with him but I do love perimeter defense and with Trae, we need a guard defender. 

I changed your trade. I rather two 1sts over Frank

• Like 1

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Hawks get: Smart + 14th (Bey, Williams)+ 2022 2nd

Celts get: Dewayne Dedmon + 6th pick + 2022 OKC (top 14 protected)

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y8w6clnq

Thoughts?

I can't wrap my head around whether I like Smart or not.  Career 37.3% shooter.  This year 37.5% for a .518% TS%.  Yuck.

He is competitive and a good defender.  For us, I have a hard time seeing how that works practically.  He is used to playing about 30 minutes per game.  Most of that will have to be at SG if he is going there and we already have Cam and Huerter (combined 48.1 mpg last season) so that starts to get crowded.  On the other hand, he is more impactful today than they are.  Two years at ~$14M per remaining until he is an UFA.  

How attractive is that?  It is tough to say.  He has been at his best the last two seasons when shooting an ok % from 3 but if that % falls his offensive productivity will be a clear net negative.  The defense will be there.  

Tough.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Hawks get: Smart + 14th (Bey, Williams)+ 2022 2nd

Celts get: Dewayne Dedmon + 6th pick + 2022 OKC (top 14 protected)

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y8w6clnq

Thoughts?

Trae/Smart/Grant Riller (#50 pick)

Cam/Huerter

Hunter/Saddiq Bey (#14 pick)

Collins/Trez(FA)

Capela/Dedmon/Bruno 

It’s a solid 12 that will fight. If I could put a reasonable realistic looking Hawks squad I’d go to war with this bunch any day of the week. :gun:

Edited by Spud2nique

On 8/21/2020 at 12:39 PM, AHF said:

I can't wrap my head around whether I like Smart or not.  Career 37.3% shooter.  This year 37.5% for a .518% TS%.  Yuck.

He is competitive and a good defender.  For us, I have a hard time seeing how that works practically.  He is used to playing about 30 minutes per game.  Most of that will have to be at SG if he is going there and we already have Cam and Huerter (combined 48.1 mpg last season) so that starts to get crowded.  On the other hand, he is more impactful today than they are.  Two years at ~$14M per remaining until he is an UFA.  

How attractive is that?  It is tough to say.  He has been at his best the last two seasons when shooting an ok % from 3 but if that % falls his offensive productivity will be a clear net negative.  The defense will be there.  

Tough.

Does this help? Smart just makes winning plays.

"He just made a lot of winning plays," Stevens gushed after the win. "He still hasn't seen the ball go through the net like he's used to, but it doesn't even affect him. The guy's all about one thing and that's winning. He was great again tonight."

On 8/21/2020 at 4:44 PM, Spud2nique said:

Trae/Smart/Grant Riller (#50 pick)

Cam/Huerter

Hunter/Saddiq Bey (#14 pick)

Collins/Trez(FA)

Capela/Dedmon/Bruno 

It’s a solid 12 that will fight. If I could put a reasonable realistic looking Hawks squad I’d go to war with this bunch any day of the week. :gun:

Not interested in moving down for Marcus Smart. Danny would instantly decline. He loves Smart

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Danny would instantly decline. He loves Smart

Remember he said he loved Rozier also. Rozier also said “Danny ain’t trading me.” Having said that, he is their heart and soul. They won’t trade him but we need a guy like him off the pine. Get the W at lol cost.

Edited by Spud2nique

Just now, Spud2nique said:

Remember he said he loved Rozier also. Rozier also said “Danny ain’t trading me.” Having said that, he is their heart and soul. They won’t trade him but we need a guy like him off the pine. Get the W at lol cost.

He traded him for Kemba Walker who's an All Star PG, and no, still not interested on Atlanta behalf. 

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, NBASupes said:

still not interested on Atlanta behalf. 

So you want to pass on Marcus Smart who is EXACTLY what the Hawks need and instead, or parallel to, you want to draft Toppin, who has a redundant skill set comparable to John Collins, who is a 20/10 guy for us already? 🤔 

To each their own but I thought we was trying to make a playoff push here not roll around in mediocrity for another 10 years.

30 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

So you want to pass on Marcus Smart who is EXACTLY what the Hawks need and instead, or parallel to, you want to draft Toppin, who has a redundant skill set comparable to John Collins, who is a 20/10 guy for us already?

Hawks do not need to draft for need. Trade yes but not significant assets

Toppin is comparable to Amar'e, Griffin, Siakam, Horford, etc. He comparable to a lot of bigs because he does damn near everything. 

Edited by NBASupes

• Moderators
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Before you point to your tonsils in disgust, I heard Julius Randle might be had for free if you want him. 

I keep thinking 'that's not a bad option' and then it just seems like Jabari 2.0.   I don't know. 

1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

I keep thinking 'that's not a bad option' and then it just seems like Jabari 2.0.   I don't know. 

He's a lot better than Jabari, he's actually good at Basketball and isn't a defensive sieve but he plays the same blackhole type of game. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
23 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

My first thought too.

21 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He's a lot better than Jabari, he's actually good at Basketball and isn't a defensive sieve but he plays the same blackhole type of game. 

I don't like his game.

9 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

FYI: Don't be surprised if we trade for old Hawks again if that means we get an asset in return 

You talking Al again?

13 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

My first thought too.

I don't like his game.

You talking Al again?

I can see why. 

I don't either.

Any Hawk. Recent or past. Do not be surprised. They make up a surplus on the better 1st/Player assets out there.