• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2020-2021 Season News and Notes

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Use your logic here.  The answer lies somewhere in between. 

What's funny is...Toronto fans thought this was an easy win against the lowly Hawks before the game.....after the game...it was all 'schedule loss' .  Like you said, somewhere in the middle.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Use your logic here.  The answer lies somewhere in between. 

"Logic"  You know that ship sailed long ago.  I no longer engage.  Just sit back and marvel at the mental gymnastics some folk take to take a Hawks win and make it actually a loss.

😆

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

What's funny is...Toronto fans thought this was an easy win against the lowly Hawks before the game.....after the game...it was all 'schedule loss' .  Like you said, somewhere in the middle.

Also, I'm not sure I saw anyone saying Cleveland wasn't a bad loss.  It was just they said that it was probably a scheduling loss because 1. It was like the first back to back of a new season.  2. The Hawks are inconsistent.   No one made an excuse saying they were okay to losing to Cleveland, but could understand a loss to Cleveland due to the two items mentioned.  That takes some nuance which we don't have around here very much anymore. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

It's definitely going to be tough.   Assuming the healthy stay healthy and the injured stay out then we're looking at a rotation of 

Trae/Rondo

Heurter/Snell

Cam/Solo

JC/Gallo

Capela/OO

The glass half full is that this rotation is vastly superior than what we had end of last season even with Hunter out.   So I think .500 is definitely doable.  Hoping for better. 

The x factor is Cam. If he plays well we got a chance. But if all our offense is Trae and the bigs, we might struggle to play .500 ball.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

It wasn't a quality win!

Okay, let me give you this the a team starts off 0-11, but wins 10 games in a row to get to 10 -11.  The Hawks happen to beat that team which no one on the young core has never beaten, to give them their 12th loss.  The team goes on to be 45 - 37.  Was it a quality win for a team trying to make the playoffs for the first time? 

I don't care about the back to back. It's a Quality win for this team because they hadn't beaten Toronto in three years rather it was a back to back or not AND they played the right way.  There's many different definitions of quality.  Trae and Huerter played some of the best defense of the season.  The team shot lights out. Trae played one of his best floor games and off the ball more.  The offense showed much more movement.  The defense was good.  The only bad thing about that game was the turnovers.  It was a quality win.

8 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

The x factor is Cam. If he plays well we got a chance. But if all our offense is Trae and the bigs, we might struggle to play .500 ball.

Not really, if Huerter is hot, we have a chance. You can't just have Cam and Huerter sucking at the same time.  Also, get something from the bench wings. 

Edited by marco102
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, kg01 said:

"Logic"  You know that ship sailed long ago.  I no longer engage.  Just sit back and marvel at the mental gymnastics some folk take to take a Hawks win and make it actually a loss.

😆

Over Half of your sorry post are dedicated to attacking other posters!  You contribute absolutely nothing to any discussion

24 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Okay, let me give you this the a team starts off 0-11, but wins 10 games in a row to get to 10 -11.  The Hawks happen to beat that team which no one on the young core has never beaten, to give them their 12th loss.  The team goes on to be 45 - 37.  Was it a quality win for a team trying to make the playoffs for the first time? 

I don't care about the back to back. It's a Quality win for this team because they hadn't beaten Toronto in three years rather it was a back to back or not AND they played the right way.  There's many different definitions of quality.  Trae and Huerter played some of the best defense of the season.  The team shot lights out. Trae played one of his best floor games and off the ball more.  The offense showed much more movement.  The defense was good.  The only bad thing about that game was the turnovers.  It was a quality win.

Not really, if Huerter is hot, we have a chance. You can't just have Cam and Huerter sucking at the same time.  Also, get something from the bench wings. 

Yea, Well we need about 30 points from Kev and Cam collectively in my estimation. So 15 and 15, 25 and 5, 20 and 10. What we can't have is 7 and 4 or something like that.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Over Half of your sorry post are dedicated to attacking other posters!  You contribute absolutely nothing to any discussion

Not true.  I'm closer to 40% attack-posting. 😏

I'm not going to respond by attacking you though.  That's what you want.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, marco102 said:

He may be a tough negotiator, but he surely didn't use his assets well. Schlenk got De'Andre Hunter for Jason Hayes and fodder. 

Albeit, Hunter is injured right now, he's shown so much growth from last year and those other players selected have not. 

NAW is pretty good young player..

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

It's definitely going to be tough.   Assuming the healthy stay healthy and the injured stay out then we're looking at a rotation of 

Trae/Rondo

Heurter/Snell

Cam/Solo

JC/Gallo

Capela/OO

The glass half full is that this rotation is vastly superior than what we had end of last season even with Hunter out.   So I think .500 is definitely doable.  Hoping for better. 

"Assuming the healthy stay healthy" Thats hard to do atm...smh

Edited by terrell

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

Toronto is better than Dallas.   We laid an egg against Dallas for sure.  It will be interesting to see how we fare wednesday but lost the first on by 6 with Rondo, Reddish, Gallo, Solo going 5-25 from the field.   If they aren't criminally bad in that game then we probably win.  

We need Hunter big body on Luka...He was bullying Cam...

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member
23 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Trae/Rondo

Heurter/Snell

Cam/Solo

JC/Gallo

Capela/OO

Hopefully this group can stay healthy over an extended period. Minutes restrictions are being lifted for Gallo and Snell. They need some consistent time together in their specified rolls.  It just gives us more flexibility with lineups as opposed to 'having to play a player.'

We need to string some wins together over these next 13 games (9 Roadies, 4 Home)

image.png

23 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

So when the Hawks are playing Cleveland on a back to back, its a schedule loss but when the Hawks play someone at home on a back to back, its a great win?

So when someone asks you a question, you answer with a question?

Looking forward to the next question!