• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2020-2021 Season News and Notes

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Solo will probably replace Hunter in the starting line up. Good God have mercy.

Solo at SF is 'fine'....relatively speaking. Playing him at PF more of the issue.

I think he has tbe size to matchup vs LBJ.

We're going to need Snell to give us something while Hunter is out - play defense and hit open 3s

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Solo at SF is 'fine'....relatively speaking. Playing him at PF more of the issue.

I think he has tbe size to matchup vs LBJ.

We're going to need Snell to give us something while Hunter is out - play defense and hit open 3s

All I've seen is Hunter will miss Monday. Is he out longer? 

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

He had a non surgical procedure, most likely PRP injection, the report said he'll be reviewed 'next week' so I assume he'll be out at least a week.

Just reading about other players that have had a PRP injection they're out anywhere from 1-2 weeks, knowing the Hawks cautious approach I'd pick the longer time frame.😀

Hope I'm wrong though.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Oh yeah man. He had a non surgical procedure done on his knee.

He is being "re-evaluated" in a week, which is Hawk speak for out for a week, AT LEAST.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ajc.com/sports/atlanta-hawks/deandre-hunter-undergoes-non-surgical-procedure-on-knee/34IGKS7IS5CRVAQ3DMKVAAD45A/%3foutputType=amp

Based on our history, I predict it will be much longer. Just like how Kris Dunn is being evaluated every two weeks just  for them to say, "he looks good, we will check back in two more weeks." And that's all the update that we get.

Expect Hunter to go at least 2 weeks at best before he gets back to practicing again. And Im being optimistic. I think he is fine, but we will be so precautious that we end up sitting him for a bit. I'd say a month based on nothing but patterned behavior from the medical staff.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

He had a non surgical procedure, most likely PRP injection, the report said he'll be reviewed 'next week' so I assume he'll be out at least a week.

Just reading about other players that have had a PRP injection they're out anywhere from 1-2 weeks, knowing the Hawks cautious approach I'd pick the longer time frame.😀

Hope I'm wrong though.

If I had to guess, I'll say he'll be back for the February 10th game vs Dallas. So we'll have to get thru this week without him, 4 home games vs LAL, DAL, UTA and TOR, then we have 3 days off to get some real practice in before heading out on the road to face Dallas.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

59 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

If I had to guess, I'll say he'll be back for the February 10th game vs Dallas. So we'll have to get thru this week without him, 4 home games vs LAL, DAL, UTA and TOR, then we have 3 days off to get some real practice in before heading out on the road to face Dallas.

I'm hoping Feb. 10 as well.  Even with Hunter, LAL and UTA will be tough. Without Hunter, those two would have to be prohibitive favorites to win. 

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'm guessing Cam gets the start.

Im reading the thread wondering why nobody was thinking this. It was pretty obvious choice if you ask me.

Hill will still get heavy backup minutes, and hopefully Snell becomes a factor too.

I think this may allow more minutes for OO honestly, with Hill getting less PF minutes, and Gallo getting more of Hills PF minutes, that opens us backup Center minutes for the rook. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Pacers lost today. A win against the Lakers puts us in a 3-way tie for 4th.

If Bucks lose to Portland and we win, it becomes a 4-way tie for 3rd place.

Lets beat L.A.!

Just realized I was going off of the games back math and Boston would hold a win % tiebreaker in both scenarios. 

• Like 1