• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2020-2021 Season News and Notes

JayBirdHawk

13 minutes ago, cam1218 said:

Was there ever anything mentioned about why he was downgraded to out?

At this point I just assume everyone is out if they are on the report, the way we handle injuries. 

I'll take being pleasantly surprised if they play vs. the confusion and disappointment. 

Even when they are listed as available, I dont hold my breath expecting meaningful minutes. Since we traded for Clint last year, and subsequent additions, its been one setback, precautionary procedure, minor soreness that keeps guys benched for weeks, after another. 

I cant do it anymore. I dont have the patience to keep being let down. I just pretend they dont exist anymore lol

• Like 1

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

It's crazy that we went out and got Bogi, Gallo, Dunn, Rondo, and Snell in the offseason and probably have <10 total games played between all of them.   

Bogi 213 minutes

Gallo 28 minutes

Dunn 0 minutes

Rondo 78 minutes

Snell 58 minutes

14 games played = average of 11.7 mpg combined from all 5 of these players this season

• Sad 2

• Premium Member
25 minutes ago, AHF said:

Bogi 213 minutes

Gallo 28 minutes

Dunn 0 minutes

Rondo 78 minutes

Snell 58 minutes

14 games played = average of 11.7 mpg combined from all 5 of these players this season

Didn't you call the off season "knocking it out of the park?'

• Moderators

Atlanta was a team that I was really interested in. … New York was in the mix — the Knicks. Indiana was another team that was really interested, and we had mutual interest for a while. Boston was — like, let’s not forget about Boston. I really wanted to go back to Boston too. There were just a lot of options, and a lot of potential teams that I could go to, but I’d say those were the main ones. Atlanta, New York, Boston, Indiana, and then Charlotte obviously.”

(paysite)

https://theathletic.com/2338629/2021/01/22/gordon-hayward-conversation-surgery-hornets-celtics-knicks-hawks-pacers/?source=rss

~lw3

• Thanks 2

• Moderators

"Are you healthy and COVID-free? Fine, you'll do!"

(he'll take over Wheel of Fortune nightmare answer Anzejs Pasecniks' spot on the roster. Alex is hoped to be an upgrade at center but, at worst, will be definitely more pronounceable,)

~w1z

• Moderators
23 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Didn't you call the off season "knocking it out of the park?'

You called it business as usual as of the first day.  I absolutely called it a success.  The fact that we've had people get injured since they signed with us is not something I'm going to bash the team for.  If we signed someone who was already hurt, that should absolutely be factored in and I'll frankly admit I was unaware of Dunn's injury.  But, using an example, the fact that Bogi got hurt doesn't make me go back and attack TS for not having a magic ball to predict that.

Gallo is expected to miss time.  That was factored in for me.  Rondo was expected to rest a ton.  That was factored in.  OO's injury was known at the time of the draft so that was factored in.   Capela's injury was known when we traded for him.

The talent from those 4 players was well worth the time they would sit for us given the roles they'd be expected to play on this team.  Injuries like Bogi's are ones you just have to live with.  You don't crap on signing MJ if he breaks his leg - you can only evaluate the information that is available and sometimes you get some bad luck in there.

Yep.  Still think it was a very strong offseason for the Hawks.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

WTF????

He’s honestly not supposed to be playing as often as he is. If we had our full roster playing he’d be 13th or 14th man in the rotation instead of like the 7th or 8th man off the bench he’s playing now.

injuries are killin us.

• Like 4

Last season - - Vince Carter.  This season - - Solomon Hill.

Like VC, Solo is supposed to be that senior voice on the bench and in the locker room.  

Things don't always work out as planned.

:hi: