• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2020-2021 Season News and Notes

JayBirdHawk

21 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Uh...doesn't matter what he does, he is a rookie. And you have always hated rookies right? Or is it just before they are drafted?

Yeah OK, lost my mind and thought the conversation was on OO. So guess what, I agree whole heartedly. Apologies.

Cant wait for the Lakers Warriors game tonight.  Steph vs. Dennis is always a quirky and fun matchup.  Dennis don’t give a f who you are.

Do y’all remember when we met the Warriors with the two best records in the league in January and came out victorious?  Vegas actually favored us to win the Finals for a day lol.  Those were the days man.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, benhillboy said:

Cant wait for the Lakers Warriors game tonight.  Steph vs. Dennis is always a quirky and fun matchup.  Dennis don’t give a f who you are.

Do y’all remember when we met the Warriors with the two best records in the league in January and came out victorious?  Vegas actually favored us to win the Finals for a day lol.  Those were the days man.

And then in the midst of our torrid winning streak my dumb ass jinked us by started a thread entitled "are we peaking too soon?" It was all down hill from there.

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

As bad as we have sucked this year, we are only 2.5 games out of 1st place lol

Our next 2 games are against the worst teams in each conference. (DET, MIN) If we take care of business we should be 7-6

After that, we face an onslaught of top teams.
11 games vs teams that are ahead of us in W/L standings: (MIL, LAC, UTA, LAL, BOSx3, BKN, SAS, OKC, IND,.

5 games vs teams with the same W/L standing (DEN, DAL x2, NYK, CLE) 

Only 5 games vs teams that sit below us. But each of them dangerous (TOR, MIAx2, ORL, WAS)

One thing for sure, we will know exactly who we are after this gauntlet.

A .500 record by the break would be a huge success. We likely will end up a few games under though.

February will be our make or break month. Brutal onslaught of game like you mentioned. If we go on a 7 or 8 game losing streak, say good night. Hopefully we will have a full and healthy squad and come away .500. 

10 hours ago, Thomas said:

Yeah OK, lost my mind and thought the conversation was on OO. So guess what, I agree whole heartedly. Apologies.

Bro, what you're supposed to do is sneakily edit your errant post and pretend nothing ever happened.  Apology's a rookie move, thom. 😄

I haven't shared my thoughts on double-O yet.  Too soon.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

As bad as we have sucked this year, we are only 2.5 games out of 1st place lol

Our next 2 games are against the worst teams in each conference. (DET, MIN) If we take care of business we should be 7-6

Blabbity bloop bloop ...

A .500 record by the break would be a huge success. We likely will end up a few games under though.

Great post.  For all the gnashing of teeth around here, pretty much every team is hovering around .500 right now ... just like us.

I expected us to struggle early then come on late, which is completely understandable so I'm not sure why folks are so up in arms.

Well, I know why for some.  They were gonna call for firing(s) and trade(s) no matter what actually happened, so I'm speaking to the sane ones of us.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Seems like Luka pulled a 'Trae' :laugh1: 

He only took 11 shots last night against Toronto - seeing snippets of 'teammates weren't pleased with his 30 shots' vs the Bulls the previous game so he took only 11 shots last night and wasn't aggressive.  (Dallas on a 3 game losing streak btw (please don't mention they are missing players))

Everyone needs to calm down and let Trae work through his shooting struggles (as long as he controls his TOs and shot selections).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Great post.  For all the gnashing of teeth around here, pretty much every team is hovering around .500 right now ... just like us.

I expected us to struggle early then come on late, which is completely understandable so I'm not sure why folks are so up in arms.

Well, I know why for some.  They were gonna call for firing(s) and trade(s) no matter what actually happened, so I'm speaking to the sane ones of us.

I just want to see if this team can ever have its main pieces, including the FA signings, healthy for an extended stretch of the season.

At this point, I fear a season ending injury is going to happen before we get all of the other guys back to health.

This matters because this learning period goes by slower and slower with the lack of consistency and constant re integration of players. 

It could be April before we say, okay, the guys finally know each other. Before the coaches finally figure out what lineups and roles fit together best.

• Like 3

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I meant 8-7 by the way, thanks for not correcting me everyone lol

You're not good with nimbers. :Nique:

I'd be real happy with 8-7.   That's where i thought we'd be at that point anyway but didn't expect a big losing streak in there.   

10 hours ago, bleachkit said:

And then in the midst of our torrid winning streak my dumb ass jinked us by started a thread entitled "are we peaking too soon?" It was all down hill from there.

You cool so you get a pass.  Them damn police that roughed up Thabo and Smellavadova recklessly injuring Kyle, nah.  I forgot Chris Copland got stabbed in all of that.  Crazy.

I wonder what Pero is doing now.  He’s probably an assistant coach for some Eastern European franchise with a brothel on the side as owner/ bouncer.

Edited by benhillboy

49 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

He only took 11 shots last night against Toronto - seeing snippets of 'teammates weren't pleased with his 30 shots' vs the Bulls the previous game so he took only 11 shots last night and wasn't aggressive.  (Dallas on a 3 game losing streak btw (please don't mention they are missing players))

Everyone needs to calm down and let Trae work through his shooting struggles (as long as he controls his TOs and shot selections).

The eggsperts touting them as a high level playoff team was premature, at best.  Not hatin', but the reality is their roster took a hit and Porzingo will never be healthy so he's miscast as a #2. 

That's like us trading Collins to feature Gallo.  On paper, sure I guess.  But, in reality, he's never gonna be healthy enough to be a building block.

On Luqua poutin', eh I actually don't root against the kid.  I generally don't like the Mavs for some other reasons so I can't help but ....

100.webp?cid=ecf05e47rwtw220u3loj1l0py9z

• Like 3

1 hour ago, benhillboy said:

You cool so you get a pass.  Them damn police that roughed up Thabo and Smellavadova recklessly injuring Kyle, nah.  I forgot Chris Copland got stabbed in all of that.  Crazy.

I wonder what Pero is doing now.  He’s probably an assistant coach for some Eastern European franchise with a brothel on the side as owner/ bouncer.

I saw Pero at Whole Foods one time, he's a pretty sharp dresser.

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Both teams got the same ass trash ass records. 

• Thanks 2