• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2020-2021 Season News and Notes

JayBirdHawk

On 1/24/2021 at 8:33 AM, bleachkit said:

It really annoys me how Hawks national games are blacked out even though I don't even have FSSE. I don't understand that.

I'm with you bleach. I'm pissed that now they're jumping on the band wagon and blacking out the games for us. Now I have to struggle with some shitty stream. 

• Premium Member

This season is so frustrating -- I feel like we're not getting to find out where we stand against good teams.  Trae/Capela out v the Bucks and now the Clippers are running a bench squad against us.  I just want to see us play a top 5 team with all the players healthy.  

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Thank God for that trade and the physical that came with it.

Ok ... I'm gonna ask for a little leeway here ... 'cause ya'll know we're all thankful it looks like he's gonna be ok ..... ok, here goes ....

Getting traded away from Kyrie, it's like he beat cancer twice .....

..... I'll take my self-ban now.

• Haha 4

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Ok ... I'm gonna ask for a little leeway here ... 'cause ya'll know we're all thankful it looks like he's gonna be ok ..... ok, here goes ....

Getting traded away from Kyrie, it's like he beat cancer twice .....

..... I'll take my self-ban now.

You did far better avoiding a Ban than me! I had LeVert's mass singing, "I ain't much of a Carcinoma. Me and Romeo ain't never been friends..."

~lw3

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, aali34 said:

Are there checkups for that sorta thing?

Unless you have a family history doctors and, most importantly, insurances will ignore that kind of testing.  Athletes OTOH pretty much have full body scans every 4 years between college and the pros to “protect their investment”.

• Like 2

I really need the Lakers to win tonight. No way we have a chance if they lose to Boston and come in town on a 3 game losing streak. We may catch the big guns off guard once and a while, but top tier teams are too good to have long losing streaks. 

Guarantee if they lose tonight, they come out blazing Monday and put us away by halftime.

Edited by RedDawg#8
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I really need the Lakers to win tonight. No way we have a chance if they lose to Boston and come in town on a 3 game losing streak. We may catch the big guns off guard once and a while, but top tier teams are too good to have long losing streaks. 

Guarantee if they lose tonight, they come out blazing Monday and put us away by halftime.

I was thinking the exact same thing.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

In other news....the Mavs lost again. You just really hate to see it. Pardon me while I go laugh hysterically.  

We might be looking at one of our own this month sometime. We have an absolutely brutal schedule in February and Hunter might be out for a couple weeks. Fortunately we got two games against the struggling Mavs.

44 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

We might be looking at one of our own this month sometime. We have an absolutely brutal schedule in February and Hunter might be out for a couple weeks. Fortunately we got two games against the struggling Mavs.

Exactly, this the wrong time to lose Hunter. Games against struggling playoff tested teams like Dallas and Toronto are fools gold. They still have the firepower and BBIQ to hang with us despite their records. Those will be tough games without our best wing player on both ends of the court. 

9 hours ago, bleachkit said:

8 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Exactly, this the wrong time to lose Hunter. Games against struggling playoff tested teams like Dallas and Toronto are fools gold. They still have the firepower and BBIQ to hang with us despite their records. Those will be tough games without our best wing player on both ends of the court. 

Just to be clear, my comment had nothing to do with the Hawks. I know they could easily have a losing month with the tough schedule. 

I just find it funny that the Mavs were supposed to be contenders and Luka was the odds on favorite to win the MVP and they are the definition of a mediocre team. 

Why? Because they surrounded Luka with mediocre nba players assuming he could elevate them into a contender. They were wrong. I guess he's just a bad team all star like they said Trae was (only sort of serious).

3 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Just to be clear, my comment had nothing to do with the Hawks. I know they could easily have a losing month with the tough schedule. 

I just find it funny that the Mavs were supposed to be contenders and Luka was the odds on favorite to win the MVP and they are the definition of a mediocre team. 

Why? Because they surrounded Luka with mediocre nba players assuming he could elevate them into a contender. They were wrong. I guess he's just a bad team all star like they said Trae was (only sort of serious).

They have been missing a lot of guys, but even still, their roster always looked kinda mediocre to me. 

• Like 1