• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2020-2021 Season News and Notes

JayBirdHawk

1 minute ago, AHF said:

Almost certain to have mixed success in both categories.  I'm not banking on a top 4 seed by any means but I'd be thrilled to see it.

No doubt.  I expect that they will get healthy at some point this season and we'll all be very happy with the product.  But I still have no expectations that they will figure out how to consistently win the 4th quarter against the good teams.  So I don't expect a Top 4 seed at all.  I'm just convinced of what they could be.  

• Like 1

• Moderators

I think we've shown we are certainly capable of being a second tier playoff team.  If we take the next step this season that would be huge.

Interesting as to who are the elite teams this year.  Record wise there are more than normal but who are the pretenders?:

Jazz, Nuggets, Lakers, Clippers, Sixers, Nets, Bucks  

For me right now i'd say Lakers/Nets finals.  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I think we've shown we are certainly capable of being a second tier playoff team.  If we take the next step this season that would be huge.

Interesting as to who are the elite teams this year.  Record wise there are more than normal but who are the pretenders?:

Lakers are the Faves no matter what the records or standings say.

Clips, Jazz, and Nuggets are all hungry and will make for a great western playoffs.

In the East there are no clear cut faves but you have to think only 4 teams are in the mix. Sixers, Nets, Celts, Bucks in that order if you ask me.

Celts and Bucks are trying to break through the glass ceiling after falling short the last few years. Meanwhile Sixers and Nets are looking like they leapfrog the pack this season as the last 2 teams standing in the East.

Sixers finally have the coaching to match up with their talent. Celts have no depth, but come playoff time their 7/8 man group is as beyond solid enough to get it done. 

Hawks are trying to figure out if we are truly in the 2nd tier with Indy, or if we are in the play-in, fringe group with Cavs, Hornets, and the other teams trying to break in for the first time.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

What, don't think the Heat'll be able to make it back to the Finals? 😆  Seriously, this whole offseason it's like people forgot they were a shaky 5-seed before the bubble happened.

Not sure I buy the Nets'll be able to hold it together long enough to make a run in the playoffs although they certainly have the high-end talent to do so.

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

I'm going Lakers / Bucks.  I just don't think the Nets have the defense to win a long series in the ECF.  And I don't trust Philly.  

4 minutes ago, terrell said:

Hawks are back in the 6th spot..lol

Facts.

Toronto is climbing up the standings fast, though, and are now tied with us. They are a legit team to keep an eye on after a slow start to season. Gritty, tough, well coached, and balanced.

Im waiting for Miami to pick it up as well and get in to the play in mix. They are my dark horse.

Us, Cleveland, Charlotte and NYK are all in a similar tier of fringe teams.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Facts.

Toronto is climbing up the standings fast, though, and are now tied with us. They are a legit team to keep an eye on after a slow start to season. Gritty, tough, well coached, and balanced.

Im waiting for Miami to pick it up as well and get in to the play in mix. They are my dark horse.

Us, Cleveland, Charlotte and NYK are all in a similar tier of fringe teams.

I hope Trae is back, or tomorrow will be an L. Toronto's back court is excellent. 

Still in 6th place.  Great to win this one.  1st time in ages.  Also, Kings won and are now a .500 club.  I try to follow them because they took my draft pick.

Hawks are in 1st place in their division!

:wub:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Gray Mule said:

Still in 6th place.  Great to win this one.  1st time in ages.  Also, Kings won and are now a .500 club.  I try to follow them because they took my draft pick.

Hawks are in 1st place in their division!

:wub:

We are close to being in 5th place. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Pistons trade Derrick Rose to Knicks for Dennis Smith Jr and a 2nd round pick.

I wonder if there are any trades we can make. Probably not. Lonzo would be nice, solid defensive point guard and a good passer. Dont think we have anything they want that we would be willing to part with though. 2nds or expirings arent going to get it done.

• Like 3