• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2020-2021 Season News and Notes

JayBirdHawk

Just now, macdaddy said:

It's so great to hear that we'll know something about our injured guys in 2-3 weeks.   As a fan I'm reassured.  :rumple:

I think that's TS way of saying after the all star break. That would be about 3 weeks. Bogi for sure. Dunn has more of a chronic thing with his knee, so I dont know about him. 

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I think that's TS way of saying after the all star break. That would be about 3 weeks. Bogi for sure. Dunn has more of a chronic thing with his knee, so I dont know about him. 

Yeah I'm just joking.  We need Hunter in the worst way but Bogi would be great to have back.   But we also need Rondo and Snell.   If Bogi and Snell were available we could weather the Hunter injury much better.   

6 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Yeah I'm just joking.  We need Hunter in the worst way but Bogi would be great to have back.   But we also need Rondo and Snell.   If Bogi and Snell were available we could weather the Hunter injury much better.   

Hopefully we are still in it after the break. If we go 2-7 or 1-8 in these next nine, then it's over. 

• Moderators
35 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Hopefully we are still in it after the break. If we go 2-7 or 1-8 in these next nine, then it's over. 

I'd tend to agree but we're in a season where 10 east teams will get a shot at the playoffs.   It may never be over. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

We will find a way to lose because it's us. But make no mistake, Boston already had zero depth at FULL strength. They are basically a G league team featuring two All Star level players now

Look for a 40 piece from either of their big-2 as well as a career game from a scrub,

Coaching matters in this one for sure. Injuries are not an excuse for either team in this matchup. All things are equal

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

Hunter injured for the Hawks.  They are 0-4, needing a win.

Haliburton injured for the Kings.  They are 0-4, needing a win.

😪

If it weren't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all.

As of late, Atlanta has been terrible.  As of late, Boston has been terrible.  Tonight Hawks drop by for the 1st of two games as the visiting team.  Can we?  LP is in Atlanta, awaiting the birth of his child.  Assistant coach will take charge and try to save the sinking ship.

Question:  If the Hawks sweep the Celtics, will the rumble increase?  If we drop two, will it be quiet?

Regardless, Hawks need these two.  GO ATL HAWKS !!

:smug:

Hali injured?

1 hour ago, RedDawg#8 said:

We will find a way to lose because it's us. But make no mistake, Boston already had zero depth at FULL strength. They are basically a G league team featuring two All Star level players now

Look for a 40 piece from either of their big-2 as well as a career game from a scrub,

Coaching matters in this one for sure. Injuries are not an excuse for either team in this matchup. All things are equal

Don't sleep on Peyton Pritchard, he can really shoot.

2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Don't sleep on Peyton Pritchard, he can really shoot.

Zzzzzz, I'm sleeping on his elite shooting 8pts a game.

But I am categorizing him as the potential "scrub" that will light us up tonight. Im fully prepared for him (or the next guy) to have a career game against us.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Noticed some TX games getting postponed due to the weather.  Hope our TX squawkers are doing ok.  Check in @NBASupes.  Anyone else I'm missing?

Things suck out here. Food lines. No water anywhere. Milk? Lol! Water pipes going to flames. Homes on fire and families dying. This is rough

• Sad 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

I still say defense has sucked at times because we're too busy crying about our offensive struggles.   I know it's often the other way around but not for this team.  This team is capable on defense.  

Last night we were light on our feet, hands in passing lanes, lots of deflections.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

Checking the standings the east seems to have 2 teams on the tank train already in Detroit and Cleveland.   Washington and Orlando are trying to compete but we'll see how that plays out.   4-11 is one blob of inconsistency so far.  

Milwaukee currently 3rd, has lost 4 straight - it's just a weird inconsistent season for all. No real team practices and it's not like players can just show up to the practice facility whenever they want due to CV protocols. Daily testing and waiting on results - it's just different man and it's an adjustment.