• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2020-2021 Season News and Notes

JayBirdHawk

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

Checking the standings the east seems to have 2 teams on the tank train already in Detroit and Cleveland.   Washington and Orlando are trying to compete but we'll see how that plays out.   4-11 is one blob of inconsistency so far.  

Makes you think if the Hawks could figure out a way to string 5 or 6 wins in a row they'd streak up the board. A lot of teams stuck in neutral.  

• Like 4

• Moderators
13 hours ago, terrell said:

Wtf is wrong with Coach Bud and the Bucks? Lost 4 straight and down 16 to Toronto? lol..

How strong are they really though.   I think teams are finding ways to defend Giannis or at least slow him down a bit.   And then what's so great about them?

47 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

We've got 7 games left. We are currently 12-17, #11 in the standings and out of the playoff play-in games.

How many of the remaining 7 do we win?

vs. DEN, @ CLE, vs. BOS, @ OKC, @ MIA, @ MIA, @ ORL.

I think we can squeak by with a winning record.  Wished we would’ve caught Miami earlier; Jimmy and Nunn are back to normal and hopefully Vucevic’s wife will be in labor overseas or something.

On 2/19/2021 at 9:52 AM, macdaddy said:

How strong are they really though.   I think teams are finding ways to defend Giannis or at least slow him down a bit.   And then what's so great about them?

Nothing really.  I was puzzled then they thought Holliday would move the needle.  I’d cut some of Lopez’s and Divencienzo’s minutes for Connaughton and Merrill but it would only be a slight cosmetic plus on offense.  I’ve always liked Middleton and knew he would become an AS under Bud but he has the Joe Johnson Gene of rarely getting to the line and chronic mild-mannered-ness that can hurt the team chemistry at times. I got faith in my boy Bud but peak Al and Kyle ain’t walking through that door.

Edited by benhillboy

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

We've got 7 games left. We are currently 12-17, #11 in the standings and out of the playoff play-in games.

2 or 3 maybe? Who knows with this team.

14-22 or 15-21 at the break..

On 2/20/2021 at 10:43 AM, JayBirdHawk said:

Lets not get our hopes up for any national tv games. We managed to fumble the plan of proving ourselves and earning respect. 

Sitting here looking like the same ole same ole. 

1 hour ago, terrell said:

2 or 3 maybe? Who knows with this team.

14-22 or 15-21 at the break..

4-3

16-20 at the break.

11 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Lets not get our hopes up for any national tv games. We managed to fumble the plan of proving ourselves and earning respect. 

Sitting here looking like the same ole same ole. 

4-3

16-20 at the break.

4-3? I hope you're right, but I cant see it..

8 hours ago, terrell said:

4-3? I hope you're right, but I cant see it..

That was before we beat Denver.

Cleveland, Miami x2, Orlando, and OKC.

We got 3 more wins out of those games IF we play like we are capable.

With Boston reeling, every game is winnable. Its a matter of do we come out ready to compete or not. 

I would love nothing more than to head in to the break at .500.

This is the stretch where we have to make up some lost ground.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

That was before we beat Denver.

Cleveland, Miami x2, Orlando, and OKC.

We got 3 more wins out of those games IF we play like we are capable.

With Boston reeling, every game is winnable. Its a matter of do we come out ready to compete or not. 

I would love nothing more than to head in to the break at .500.

This is the stretch where we have to make up some lost ground.

Miami and Orlando are playing a lot better..OKC is a tough out too..So we'll see..

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I agree, but Denver was probably the best team of these last seven, so anything is possible.

They are, but the Hawks have a bad habit of playing down to teams. I wouldn't be surprised if the the Cavs game is a lot closer than we think it will be. I wouldn't be surprised if the Hawks lay an egg and lose it. It's so hard to get a good read on what kind of team the Hawks are right now due to the inconsistency.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, hawkman said:

They are, but the Hawks have a bad habit of playing down to teams. I wouldn't be surprised if the the Cavs game is a lot closer than we think it will be. I wouldn't be surprised if the Hawks lay an egg and lose it. It's so hard to get a good read on what kind of team the Hawks are right now due to the inconsistency.

I'm not sure john can continue to play this poorly on offense. I don't even think Gallo can continue to shoot this terribly either.  I expect Cam to start to get it and improve his shot selection.  I think the maturation of Trae is enough to beat teams that don't play good defense.

• Like 2

On 2/21/2021 at 1:04 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

"I say we go 0-8 over these 7 games." - les miserables

• Like 1
  • Haha 2