• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2020-2021 Season News and Notes

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I did not realize Bulls let the Spurs back in to it. I was just about to compliment them on playing much better lately.

Im most worried about the Hornets, they just refuse to come back down to Earth. Miami has a cake schedule the rest of the way and Boston will likely find a way to hang around the top 6 too.

The sports Gods want a Knicks Nets playoff series so I envision them following each other whether 2v7 or 1v8

Bulls blew it lol and Hornets down 20... Cleveland also taking the C's down.  Great night considering now Hawks basketball!

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Bulls blew it lol and Hornets down 20... Cleveland also taking the C's down.  Great night considering now Hawks basketball!

Im looking at the Memphis Miami game now to see if we can get another one to go our way.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I can really enjoy watching/tracking these other teams now that we are back in the playoff chase. #6.

Screenshot_20210317-223626_Samsung Internet.jpg

NBA Crunchtime on NBA TV has been fun tonight..lol..

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Dont look now Charlotte is down big AND they turn around to face the Lakers tomorrow. That's potentially 2 losses.

If we can beat the Thunder tomorrow, we can head in to our road trip 21-20 and sitting in 5th place.

We are looking at quite a few L's out west though. We never win out there.

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

No, no, no, no, no.....time for a change, we're going 6-2. :saythat:

Hey, I can dream. 

The way we are playing, 3-5 is the worst case scenario, but 4-4 is a real possibility especially with Hunter and Dunn rejoining the team. That would have us coming home with a 25-24 record.

10 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

The way we are playing, 3-5 is the worst case scenario, but 4-4 is a real possibility especially with Hunter and Dunn rejoining the team. That would have us coming home with a 25-24 record.

3-5 is not worst case. We could easily go 2-6. Road games out west are tough.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
48 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I can really enjoy watching/tracking these other teams now that we are back in the playoff chase. #6.

Screenshot_20210317-223626_Samsung Internet.jpg

Yesss you love to see it! Even the heat lost!  Crazy night really, everyone within like 2 games of us lost

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

3-5 is not worst case. We could easily go 2-6. Road games out west are tough.

For the Atlanta Hawks we are used to yes, I agree. There is definitely a bit of positive juju happening right now and on top of that, we NEED to keep up pace.
Nate makes me believe that we wont see another 3 game losing streak while we are fighting for position. So even if we drop a game or two, I fully expect us to bounce back and play over our heads to get a W. 
The wild card is health. Our depth can be a real asset for us on the road. But if we have to go without 5 guys each game, that will be tough for such a long trip.

The first 4 games, the travel isn't that bad. You get to stay in LA for 3 days, then the Bay and Sac-town are like from Atlanta to Chattanooga. So the longest flight is to get to LA, and then to Sacramento is an hour and a half, then the Bay is a 45 minute flight.

If we drop both games to the LA teams, you still have a good shot to pick up the next 2 before the travel really gets to you.

The back 4 games are winnable outside of the Suns maybe, but that's when travel catches up to you, so maybe you drop 2 because of that. That's why I say 4-4 is realistic. 

Now don't get me wrong, if you asked me two weeks ago, I would be singing the same tune about 2-6. But I think we have the right guy in charge and enough bodies coming back to get us through it.

13 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Yesss you love to see it! Even the heat lost!  Crazy night really, everyone within like 2 games of us lost

Huge night for us. I did not see Miami or Boston losing tonight. We needed all of those games to go our way 

Edited by RedDawg#8
  • Like 4