• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2020-2021 Season News and Notes

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I wonder how much he left on the table.

He gave up $13.3 million. Rumor is he's signing with Nets. I wonder if Detroit will stretch his contract...$12 mil cap hit over 5 years, yikes.

• Thanks 1

Blake's contract easily outlasting his knee's abilities. He has a great personality so am a fan but what is really left? Glad for him he is comfortable enough to leave some on the table cause some cats seem to blow it all.

18 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

:clap:

He is a feel good story and we need that. I have him on IR on my Squawk fantasy team and have a hard decision to make. I don't know how much burn he will get in Indy. So his numbers may go down.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1

On 3/10/2021 at 7:49 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

36 games in 66 games.

I love it. Nate talking mismatches. I don't remember who else said this but I am on board. I do not recall LP ever mentioning mismatches.

• Premium Member
Just now, Buzzard said:

I love it. Nate talking mismatches. I don't remember who else said this but I am on board. I do not recall LP ever mentioning mismatches.

Mmmm....LP did say something like this to/about JC:  when we get mismatches in the post, what do we do..JC response - punish 'em.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Mmmm....LP did say something like this to/about JC:  when we get mismatches in the post, what do we do..JC response - punish 'em.

I believe that was about pick and rolls with Trae tossing a lob. Not about posting John up for a set play.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Boston looking to add Grant for "multiple" 1st's?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/nba-rumors-celtics-offered-multiple-002238221.html

If this happens, I would puke, then laugh, then cry.

They are desperate to offer multiple 1sts, but dang if that wouldn't be a great pickup for them. Grant would make them much much better as they have little depth.

I really wanted him this offseason 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Boston looking to add Grant for "multiple" 1st's?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/nba-rumors-celtics-offered-multiple-002238221.html

If this happens, I would puke, then laugh, then cry.

They are desperate to offer multiple 1sts, but dang if that wouldn't be a great pickup for them. Grant would make them much much better as they have little depth.

I really wanted him this offseason 

hmm.. Grant is really not that great. He is putting up very nice raw numbers on a cellar dweller where he has the green light to shoot as much as he wants all game. On a team where he is the fourth option, which is what he would be in Boston, he's a 14ppg type of guy, and while he would certainly make them better, he isn't pushing them further than 4th. Boston is married to this idea that Tatum is Kobe Bryant, and as long as they keep building the team around him like he is some kind of mega star they will always be good but not great... adding a player like Grant won't push the needle very far for them. I don't think Detroit will give him away for a couple of sure fire mid-late 1st rounders though. 

2 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

hmm.. Grant is really not that great. He is putting up very nice raw numbers on a cellar dweller where he has the green light to shoot as much as he wants all game. On a team where he is the fourth option, which is what he would be in Boston, he's a 14ppg type of guy, and while he would certainly make them better, he isn't pushing them further than 4th. Boston is married to this idea that Tatum is Kobe Bryant, and as long as they keep building the team around him like he is some kind of mega star they will always be good but not great... adding a player like Grant won't push the needle very far for them. I don't think Detroit will give him away for a couple of sure fire mid-late 1st rounders though. 

Agree on the Boston/Tatum piece. Grant however was a key piece for the Nuggets and before that the Thunder. He is a near elite defender for multiple positions. You put Smart, Brown, Grant and Theiss on the court together and you are straight up locking teams down regardless of who the 5th player is. The fact that they wouldn't lose anything offensively with him on the court is a huge plus. He can spread the floor as a big 3 and D wing. I think he would give their bench some much needed punch, which to me is their biggest weakness. That and not playing Kemba on back to backs yet.

Sidenote: Tatum plays more like Melo right, with better defense?

• Like 3

So, I don't like Lamarcus Aldridge much.  But could he be 'something' for us from a rotation standpoint?

Smells like he's a likely buyout candidate after SAS fails to trade for him.  Surely we have a spare 2nd we could send them?  But should we want to?

Acquiring him could be a ploy, keep him from another East competitor.

Thoughts?

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

So, I don't like Lamarcus Aldridge much.  But could he be 'something' for us from a rotation standpoint?

Smells like he's a likely buyout candidate after SAS fails to trade for him.  Surely we have a spare 2nd we could send them?  But should we want to?

Acquiring him could be a ploy, keep him from another East competitor.

Thoughts?

The difficulty in trading for him is his $24 million in salary that we have to get close to matching.  As a buyout candidate sure, but will he want to head here?

We'd also need to release a one of Brandon or Bruno to clear a roster spot.

• Like 1