• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2020-2021 Season News and Notes

JayBirdHawk

1 hour ago, JTB said:

Hawks Defense Rankings after first 15 games.....

• 10th in opponent points allowed per game
  • 7th in opponent 3pts made per game
  • 2nd in opponent 3pt percentage per game
  • 6th in Defensive Rating
  • 6th in Defensive Efficiency
  • 16th in opponent points in the paint per game
  • 6th in opponents pts on fastbreaks
  • 13th in opponent pts off turnovers

Remember, Hill said it over the offseason, if you can finish top 10 in both offense and defense, then you really have a chance to do something in the postseason.

Im glad the defense has improved, thanks largely to our rebounding efforts. We must keep that going. Now, as we get players back and build chemistry and Trae leaves his slump behind, hopefully our offense starts to click the way we had all hoped it would. 

Top 10 is the goal on both ends of the court, we can do it.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Remember, Hill said it over the offseason, if you can finish top 10 in both offense and defense, then you really have a chance to do something in the postseason.

Im glad the defense has improved, thanks largely to our rebounding efforts. We must keep that going. Now, as we get players back and build chemistry and Trae leaves his slump behind, hopefully our offense starts to click the way we had all hoped it would. 

Top 10 is the goal on both ends of the court, we can do it.

Honestly and maybe I’m just in over my head but this group has a chance to be a top 5 offense if the team is healthy but I’m not expecting anything less than top 10 with just outside of top 5

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JTB said:

Honestly and maybe I’m just in over my head but this group has a chance to be a top 5 offense if the team is healthy but I’m not expecting anything less than top 10 with just outside of top 5

It would be great to have a game with 5 players with 20 or more points. 

• Like 1

We have a lot working against us between the extended offseason with no bubble, the ultra quick start to the season with a bunch of new faces, almost no practices, and the injuries. Wish we were better than 8-7 given the soft schedule and a few of the leads we blew, but it could be worse.

Hunter is clearly the All Star. Collins has the metrics but his raw stats might hurt him. Capela has to build on to what he's doing. Hunter will get the coaches votes. Unless fans go nuts for Trae, it might not be and the media isn't Team Trae either 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

Just now, terrell said:

Kawhi Leonard (health and safety protocols), Paul George (health and safety protocols) and Patrick Beverley (right knee soreness) are ruled out tomorrow against Atlanta.

Heard this earlier.  Bet nbatv mad they picked up our game now.

Haha!  Too late, suckers! 

Hope we take the game seriously tho. :unsure:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, NBASupes said:
2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Heard this earlier.  Bet nbatv mad they picked up our game now.

Haha!  Too late, suckers! 

Hope we take the game seriously tho. :unsure:

Hunter is clearly the All Star. Collins has the metrics but his raw stats might hurt him. Capela has to build on to what he's doing. Hunter will get the coaches votes. Unless fans go nuts for Trae, it might not be and the media isn't Team Trae either 

They also scheduled Hawks-Bucks with no Trae/Capela...We might not see NBA TV again...lol

• Haha 3

31 minutes ago, terrell said:

They also scheduled Hawks-Bucks with no Trae/Capela...We might not see NBA TV again...lol

Exactly!

Of all the non- "National" TV games we have we wait until they throw us a bone to sit out Trae and Capela, the main guys probably responsible for them wanting to add us in the first place.

I know they were actually hurt and it wasn't rest, but still. Trae misses maybe 2 or 3 games a year. We only have 2 or 3 national games a year. The odds are quite frustrating that those games would overlap the way they are now.

Edited by RedDawg#8

1 hour ago, terrell said:

Kawhi Leonard (health and safety protocols), Paul George (health and safety protocols) and Patrick Beverley (right knee soreness) are ruled out tomorrow against Atlanta.

Good and bad.

Good . . because that better our chances of winning

Bad . . because watch they pull our game off NBATV