• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Nate McMillan Possible Addition To Hawks Coaching Staff

Dynamo

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, warcore said:

I was just saying how garbage he is in the other thread with Jeff Teague's interview where he gave him no props whatsoever. How bout that!?

Teague was specifically asked about his time in Atlanta and his time with Thibs in Minny, not anything about his time in Indy so don't see why he would mention Nate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Say what you want about Nate but he actually got better offensively in Indiana compared to his time in Portland with B Roy.

in Portland he reminded me of woody but in Indiana he actually got a wee bit more creative offensively. 

49 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Teague was specifically asked about his time in Atlanta and his time with Thibs in Minny, not anything about his time in Indy so don't see why he would mention Nate.

Ah thanks for clarifying. FWIW, I'd be down with hiring him as an assistant. Definitely couldn't hurt and Lloyd could likely use the help with wrangling these kids. 

5 hours ago, lethalweapon3 said:

I'd really like OKC assistant and emergency anthem singer Mo Cheeks, if he doesn't snag the top Thunder job himself, but Nate Mac would be a good fit, especially if he can heLP on the team defensive strategies.

~lw3

If we get Nate Mac on staff, I'll drop a full remix of Nate Dogg's verse on The Next Episode to celebrate the hire.

Hol' up ... heeyy-eyyy ....

For my squawkahs who be thinkin' we sawft, we don't plaay-ay ....

Edited by kg01
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, kg01 said:

If we get Nate Mac on staff, I'll drop a full remix of Nate Dogg's verse on The Next Episode to celebrate the hire.

Hol' up ... heeyy-eyyy ....

For my squawkahs who be thinkin' we sawft, we don't plaay-ay ....

Just drop this instead...

• Like 1

On 10/30/2020 at 9:49 PM, kg01 said:

I disagree.  I feel he always maximized the talent he had.  Regardless, this would be a tremendous add.  Hope it happens.

I feel like if he maximized his talent he wouldn't have been swept out of the first round 3 times in 4 years. Pacers fans were legitimately heartbroken when he got that extension and equally elated when he got fired. I think he has a lot of value to bring to a coaching staff, but some of his ideas are probably outdated. 

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, High5 said:

I feel like if he maximized his talent he wouldn't have been swept out of the first round 3 times in 4 years. Pacers fans were legitimately heartbroken when he got that extension and equally elated when he got fired. I think he has a lot of value to bring to a coaching staff, but some of his ideas are probably outdated. 

Year 1 - His team was a .500 squad that was pitted against LeBron's Cavs.  The Cavs made the NBA finals.

Year 2 - They improved to the 5th seed but somehow still ended up facing LeBron's Cavs.  The Cavs made the NBA finals.

Year 3 - They lost to the Celtics here.  But bear in mind that Oladipo was out with injury so their top 4 scorers were Bogdonavic, Tyreke Evans, Darren Collins and Thaddeus Young.  That team is going to get run when faced against Irving, Tatum, Brown, Horford, Hayward, et al.

Year 4 - They improved to the 4th seed but ended up facing the Heat who again made the NBA finals.

None of these teams had great talent.  I'd say that they maximized their talents in the regular season and then had no answers in the playoffs.  Looking at the respective rosters, I think they were outclassed in every series.  

I think they were outclassed by a large margin in 3 of these 4 years.  The talent on the Pacers was never that great.  The best teams had Teague as the 2nd leading scorer or 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Honestly I'm suspicious when a guy like Mcmillan gets 'added' to a young coaches staff.   Seems like owners putting a guy in place to take over if the current head coach doesn't achieve. 

I agree with that. I doubt he’d agree to an assistant position on a team like ours without some kind of assurance that there was reasonable path to becoming HC.

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, High5 said:

I never said they should win any of those series. But being swept over and over again is pretty “uninspiring.” 

No argument there.  I just don't see any of these teams as being anything but significant underdogs even at home against their opponents.  They just weren't that good.  

• Like 1