• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Free Agency 2020!!

capstone21

19 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

If we don't pay him, someone else will.

We've stepped our toe in the water to see how warm or cold the water is.  This is NOT the time to act like we're not ready to swim.

Teams that would gladly pay for Collins' services

• Houston
  • Orlando
  • NY Knicks
  • Cleveland
  • Washington
  • LA Clippers

All of those teams would either make room, or sign and trade for a top notch big man like Collins.

Keep in mind folks, this team was borderline all-time bad without Collins in the lineup. ( 4 - 21 ).

Also, it's not Collins' fault that the coach refuses to call plays for him and utilize all of his offensive talents.  The talent is there.  It's always been there.

I actually would like to see JC Re-signed this off-season. But if he asks for even close to max money then wait till he is an RFA next year and then those teams you listed can PROVE that they would pay him, and then we match.

36 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

I like JC a lot, but to me the prudent thing to do is wait. Let's see how it all fits together this year before committing to a huge contract. Not sure why there's a rush to extend now just because you can. Remember JC and Capela haven't even played together. Let alone adding in Big O, Gallo, and the rest. 

Let it breathe. See how the season goes and then make your decision. 

If JC is signing a team friendly deal, you lock him up right now. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

I don't know how it will all play out with starters, minutes, fit, wins, losses, etc.....frankly, I don't give a damn (right now 😊)....I'm just here for it.....ALL OF IT! 

Feels Sooooo Goooooood! (and that's even if we don't get Bogi).

Exactly. How many years did we watch them sit on cap space, only to bring in scrubs and castoffs that no one else wants, while deferring to next year, then the next year, then the next?

The last RFA they managed to sign to an offer sheet was Joe Johnson. The last unrestricted free agent they signed who managed to hang up more than 15 a night the previous year was...maybe Moses Malone? That's a whole lot of time being spent sifting through the recycle bin...

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Dejay said:

Exactly. How many years did we watch them sit on cap space, only to bring in scrubs and castoffs that no one else wants, while deferring to next year, then the next year, then the next?

The last RFA they managed to sign to an offer sheet was Joe Johnson. The last unrestricted free agent they signed who managed to hang up more than 15 a night the previous year was...maybe Moses Malone? That's a whole lot of time being spent sifting through the recycle bin...

Milsap was a really good UFA signing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Milsap was a really good UFA signing.

Forgot about him, he was closest to that mark.

But Malone to Mutombo to Millsap. That's three viable free agents over a 30-year period...

Edited by Dejay
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, REHawksFan said:

I like JC a lot, but to me the prudent thing to do is wait. Let's see how it all fits together this year before committing to a huge contract. Not sure why there's a rush to extend now just because you can. Remember JC and Capela haven't even played together. Let alone adding in Big O, Gallo, and the rest. 

Let it breathe. See how the season goes and then make your decision. 

LOL . . now it's "let it breathe".  The team wanted to get something done before the season, but now it's let's wait and see how he plays with lesser players?

What kind of message does that send to Collins, when all of the guys around him in his draft class are getting huge extensions?

So I look around the league, and I say to myself

"Self . . who are the big men ( PFs and Cs ) who are better than Collins"?

• Giannis
  • Davis
  • Jokic
  • Towns
  • Embiid
  • Adebayo

Then I say . .

"Self . . would all of those guys get MAX contracts from a team"?

I say YES.

Then I look at this site:

http://www.hoopsstats.com/basketball/fantasy/nba/playerstats/20/1/eff/1-1

and see that Collins ranks 12th in NBA efficiency . . . ( Trae is 15th, by the way )

((Points + Rebounds + Assists + Steals + Blocks) - ((Field goals attempts - Field goals made) + (Free throws attempts - Free throws made) + Turnovers)

Collins was the only player in the league last year to average more than 20 ppg, but have less than a 23% usage rate.  At that rate, he should've been averaging somewhere around 15 - 17 ppg, not damn near 22 ppg.

His numbers and efficiency SCREAM that he should be getting the ball more . . . a lot more . . . instead of deferring to guys who can't shoot or finish at the rim.  The 3 point volume should definitely be higher.

Just remember folks, paying these players MEGA dollars, is the cost of doing business as a playoff level team.   You don't win in this league without star power, and good complimentary guys.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

LOL . . now it's "let it breathe".  The team wanted to get something done before the season, but now it's let's wait and see how he plays with lesser players?

What kind of message does that send to Collins, when all of the guys around him in his draft class are getting huge extensions?

So I look around the league, and I say to myself

"Self . . who are the big men ( PFs and Cs ) who are better than Collins"?

• Giannis
  • Davis
  • Jokic
  • Towns
  • Embiid
  • Adebayo

Then I say . .

"Self . . would all of those guys get MAX contracts from a team"?

I say YES.

Then I look at this site:

http://www.hoopsstats.com/basketball/fantasy/nba/playerstats/20/1/eff/1-1

and see that Collins ranks 12th in NBA efficiency . . . ( Trae is 15th, by the way )

((Points + Rebounds + Assists + Steals + Blocks) - ((Field goals attempts - Field goals made) + (Free throws attempts - Free throws made) + Turnovers)

Collins was the only player in the league last year to average more than 20 ppg, but have less than a 23% usage rate.  At that rate, he should've been averaging somewhere around 15 - 17 ppg, not damn near 22 ppg.

His numbers and efficiency SCREAM that he should be getting the ball more . . . a lot more . . . instead of deferring to guys who can't shoot or finish at the rim.  The 3 point volume should definitely be higher.

Just remember folks, paying these players MEGA dollars, is the cost of doing business as a playoff level team.   You don't win in this league without star power, and good complimentary guys.

I agree, except I think you vastly overrated Adebayo.  I'd rate Capela as being better than him.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Watchman said:

I agree, except I think you vastly overrated Adebayo.  I'd rate Capela as being better than him.

No way. 

Adebayo defends, scores on his own, and is dang near an elite playmaker for a big man.  Only Draymond Green is a better playmaker.

Capela can't do all of this.  And Draymond can't score like Bam can.

Bam is on track to being "mini-Giannis"