• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Free Agency 2020!!

capstone21

Honestly I think our starting lineup should be Trae, Bogi, Cam, Collins, Capela. Second team should be Rondo/Dunn, Huerter/Dunn, Hunter, Gallo, Big O. Good mix of scoring and defense on both units. 

Before anyone says we are paying Gallo 20 mill to come off the bench, he will get 27 to 30 mins off the bench like a starter.

Remember all the bums we paid to warm the bench?  20 mill on the bench is nothing. Parsons, Turner, Crabbe, Teague and Plumlee stole money from us for years. I think it justifies the overpay for Gallo for him to be content with an off the bench role.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Hmm, he maybe was trying to make that point and I don't disagree with it.  However, my problem is when gave the example of Kemba freaking Walker being a dog on defense or something like that.  They talk about Trae like he's a 7 year veteran. I mean I know his offensive production makes him look like that, but I think we'll see a much improved effort this season with a much smaller offensive load. I think he can at least show Kemba Walker's effort on defense. 😄

Yeah, agree Kemba is trash on defense too.  I'm soo rooting for the Hawks to take a couple steps on D so people can switch their narratives.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, kg01 said:

Yeah, agree Kemba is trash on defense too.  I'm soo rooting for the Hawks to take a couple steps on D so people can switch their narratives.

I'm there with you Bro, when Trae puts in effort, which he barely did, on the defensive end, he's an average bad defender.  I think we're going to be pleasently surprised by the leap the Hawks take on that end.  They also may be able to just outscore alot of teams too.

Just now, marco102 said:

@NBASupes you need to set your expectations a little more realistically.  The chances of Cam taking a leap like Trae are slim and the likelyhood of the Hawks being the top seed are slim and don't just depend on Cam. 

To expect Trae to play "winning" basketball with last year's roster is setting unrealistic expectations.  He could literally play the exact same way as last year and the Hawks with this roster will win 10 - 20 more games.  It's about the talent around you and not necessarily the player themselves. 

I'm not saying he doesn't need to improve in all aspects of his game, just saying, it's crazy to say this person doesnt play winning basketball because their team was set up to lose.  Luka's team was set up to perform pretty well.  Luka def raised that floor of that team.  That's for sure.  Let's see if Trae can do the same this year.

Also, side note.  If Cam does make a Trae Young like leap, the league is f***ed!

He literally improved his WAR from -3.0 to -0.1 to -0.2. That's 2.9/2.8 ish improvement from Jan to Mar. Trae's improvement from Jan to Apr was a +3 improvement too as a rookie. To say I need to manage my expectations better is just not realistic to me. He had a 2.8 improvement. Like I said with Trae, it's not hard to expect him to be a 6 WAR player. He ended up a 7+ with potential to be 8 if we played a full season. If Cam plays an entire season like he played the 2nd half, a 5-6 WAR is not out of question. If he made a clear improvement, 8 WAR is not out of question, especially for a player with his two-way abilities. 

WAR projected Trae to have a 2.7 Soph season. His WAR was a 7.2 and note, he did not play a full season and his WAR was going up in the 2nd half of the year. WAR did not take into account Trae was a +3.3 from Jan to Apr as a rookie. 

That's why I am so high on Cam Reddish. His trajectory is sky high. 

Kevin had a projection of 2.5 WAR as a Soph. He ended up a -0.0 WAR. This should not be a shock. He finished Jan to Apr last year with a 0.0 WAR. All of his positive WAR was when he was coming off the bench with Jeremy Lin and VC. 

Even when Luka's Mavs were ass, he still played Basketball to win. he isn't much of a floor general in my eyes but Luka moves well without the ball, he gets into positions to make things happen so when it gets the ball, positivity follows, Luka is a better player than Trae even if he's on a better team. When he was on a worse team in the 2nd half, he still did a lot of winning things that you know would translate. Trae didn't. I don't know why that's so hard for Hawk fans to understand. Every other fanbase sees that with Luka why is it that ours doesn't? That doesn't mean Trae can't be special but Luka is in another league. 

Trae doesn't play winning Basketball consistently. He does occasionally and runs the offense, listens to the coach, try to get everyone involved but for the most part, he like to go YOLO too much. He wasn't a favorite of the players due to this as well. This can improve, in fact he was better at this as a rookie than as a Soph. I personally feel that having a locker room/film guy like Rondo is exactly what Trae needs.

Cam had a 2.9 WAR from Jan-Mar type jump and could have ended up with a 3.5 WAR jump if he played a full season. It's fair to say, he could make a bigger jump. A Siakam/Giannis like jump.

• Like 1