• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Free Agency 2020!!

capstone21

4 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I was an advocate of waiting until Schlenk decided to go all in with ALL our capspace this offseason. There really is no point it waiting until next offseason since we won't have ANY capspace to go after FAs. This is it. This is our team for the next year at $100.  We'll be locked in at $112 million (projected cap) with John's $12 mill caphold going into next season.

I say we have 2 years to figure out what happens with Huerter, Reddish and Hunter. Trae will have signed his early rookie extention, Collins extended (after the Bogi deal). Assuming no trades:

In 2 years Gallo and Capela will both have 1 year left, Rondo and Dunn expired. Bogi with 1+1 left (if he signs).

Huerter will be a RFA - will he be a super sub or will he be to us what Bogi is the Sac, looking to move on for a starting spot. This year will tell a lot.

Reddish and Hunter will be eligible for early rookie extensions if they have been GOOD ENOUGH. If not they'll both hit RFA or we trade 1 or both like we did with Prince. 

Yes, we haven't seen the JC/Collins pairing, but why is the assumption that JC is the one that gets moved, maybe it's Capela. Just saying.

I agree with this. If Okongwu steps up through the course of this season, I think you will see Capela moved by draft time next year, for expiring salaries and a pick. Then you potentially open up a max slot once again. I believe that this is the tentative plan already. And all the more reason to go ahead and lock up JC this offseason.

hace 1 hora, parfait dijo:

I agree with this. If Okongwu steps up through the course of this season, I think you will see Capela moved by draft time next year, for expiring salaries and a pick. Then you potentially open up a max slot once again. I believe that this is the tentative plan already. And all the more reason to go ahead and lock up JC this offseason.

Capela is going nowhere, he was of of the best centers in the west and will be top 3 on the east, he will show how good he is. If injuries are not a problem we will be thrilled with the player we just got.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

WHAT HAPPENED TO:

Brembry, Brown, Graham, Jones and Jeff Teague.

:play_truck:

Just read that ex Hawk Spellman has signed with Knicks and Teague with Celtics!

These other ex Hawks await suitors!

😃

Listening to NBAradio on Siriux.  Brian Scalabrine was discussing the McRib and Celtics situation.  He attempted to make an excuses for Ainge, "we didn't want Charolette's assets.  However, we probably should have taken the Indiana deal, but Danny was trying to play hardball.  No one saw Charolette coming with that deal. "

Danny Ainge is always trying to win a trade.  That's why he lost out.  No lie, if BB comes, heck even without BB, the Hawks may be on par with the Celtics during the regular season. 

He also used the opportunity to shat on Trae Young.  Said he would have signed Jeremy Grant to a $25 million deal and tried to get Gallinari.  Also, thiks the Hawks are not a playoff team with this roster because Trae Young doesn't play defense.  He wasn't impressed with out off season.  This was the same guy in Trae's rookie season said Trae isn't all that on the offensive end.  At least he said Trae, is a great offensive player.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Listening to NBAradio on Siriux.  Brian Scalabrine was discussing the McRib and Celtics situation.  He attempted to make an excuses for Ainge, "we didn't want Charolette's assets.  However, we probably should have taken the Indiana deal, but Danny was trying to play hardball.  No one saw Charolette coming with that deal. "

Danny Ainge is always trying to win a trade.  That's why he lost out.  No lie, if BB comes, heck even without BB, the Hawks may be on par with the Celtics during the regular season. 

He also used the opportunity to shat on Trae Young.  Said he would have signed Jeremy Grant to a $25 million deal and tried to get Gallinari.  Also, thiks the Hawks are not a playoff team with this roster because Trae Young doesn't play defense.  He wasn't impressed with out off season.  This was the same guy in Trae's rookie season said Trae isn't all that on the offensive end.  At least he said Trae, is a great offensive player.

I have the Hawks as the lock as a 7th seed but I personally think we could win the East in the RS due to the scheduling and what not. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I have the Hawks as the lock as a 7th seed but I personally think we could win the East in the RS due to the scheduling and what not. 

As far as seeding, I think you're about right.  They could be as high as 5th if things go really really well. I don't see them having the best record in the east  though.  Not saying it's out of the realm of possibility just highly highly unlikely. If they have the best record, that means, one of the young wings took a significant step forward and Trae should win the MVP. 

Edited by marco102

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, neanderballer said:

Was driving all day yesterday so I didn't get a chance to react to the potential Bogi signing, but I'm really fascinated by this lineup. We'd get smoked on defense but damn if they can't shoot the rock. 

Trae (36%) - Huerter (38%) -Bogi (37%) - Gallo (41%) - JC (40%)

Cam shot 37% from 3 in 2020 so if his Jan - Mar numbers are sustainable, you could potentially upgrade that defense by swapping Cam in for Huerter or Bogi.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ShooterSays said:

Turrible...just turrible news that an all world player like Brian Scalabrine doesn't like our offseason or Trae.

He'll eat crow soon enough.

Judgin' from that picture, he's sure gonna be eatin' something soon enough.

Ohhhhhh.....

1 hour ago, marco102 said:

Yeah I heard that segment too.  The talking around Dan E. strAinge's utter failure was so masterful.

The only salient point he made was that we need to have a defensive identity established.  And that Trae needs to participate in that or he won't be able to hold others accountable for failing to defend.

Doesn't negate the silliness of saying we're definitively not a playoff team.  At worse, is he not aware of the play-in tournament?  Or is he saying we'll be the 11th worst team this year?

To supes' point, scheduling and the pace of the schedule could be in our favor to the point where our record could be elevated in general.

I expect other shows to be more honest on the Seeeeeees.  I want to hear the afternoon show where the host, on Friday, was celebrating the Seees acquiring Myles Turner.  Haha, sucker.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

The only salient point he made was that we need to have a defensive identity established.  And that Trae needs to participate in that or he won't be able to hold others accountable for failing to defend.

Hmm, he maybe was trying to make that point and I don't disagree with it.  However, my problem is when gave the example of Kemba freaking Walker being a dog on defense or something like that.  They talk about Trae like he's a 7 year veteran. I mean I know his offensive production makes him look like that, but I think we'll see a much improved effort this season with a much smaller offensive load. I think he can at least show Kemba Walker's effort on defense. 😄

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, AHF said:

Cam shot 37% from 3 in 2020 so if his Jan - Mar numbers are sustainable, you could potentially upgrade that defense by swapping Cam in for Huerter or Bogi.

Ultimately Cam success is the difference between us being in the mix for winning the conference and being a play in game team but Trae ability to be a true PG is ultimately what's gonna be critical if we were to get 1st seed.

I don't think Trae defense is what people have the biggest problem with. They know its terrible but so is defense with a lot of stars like Luka. It's his ability to play winning Basketball that's the issue. Trae has to be a better floor general like Nash was.