• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What's the Depth Chart Look like?

Diesel

https://theathletic.com/2212166/2020/11/21/nba-free-agency-rajon-rondo/?source=spotrac&pc=spotrac40off2 

If Bogdanovic does end up getting signed, here’s a look at what the current depth chart looks like:

Hawks depth chart
Point guard
Shooting guard
Small forward
Power forward
Center
Trae Young
Bogdan Bogdanovic
Cam Reddish
John Collins
Clint Capela
Rajon Rondo
Kevin Huerter
De'Andre Hunter
Danilo Gallinari
Onyeka Okongwu
Brandon Goodwin
Kris Dunn
Tony Snell

Bruno Fernando

Skylar Mays

Nathan Knight (two-way)

As you can see, depth would no longer be an issue for the Hawks, as it has been in Pierce’s two seasons. That’s a deep team that can compete with anyone nightly. I’d be fascinated to see Pierce’s rotations because of how many quality players there would be on the roster. That’s a good problem to have and should be enough for them to reach the playoffs.

I'm going with Chris on the debt chart. I'd also sign Skal as the 3rd PF.

Edited by marco102

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, AHawks89 said:

Collins will not be coming off the bench. Let's be real here. 

So you're going to put the 61 Million dollar man on the bench?

If Capela is starting.  61 Million dollars replaces either Collins or Hunter/Cam in the Starting lineup. 

If he goes to the 3... defense suffers. 

57 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He gotta beat Gallinari for that role. 

Bruh stop. John is starting and I’ll bet a paycheck on it. Let it go

• Thanks 3

This is the million dollar question right now.  Where is Gallo getting his minutes.  They are not, I REPEAT, they are NOT coming from playing SF.   I actually think we are going to pay a guy 20 million for around 18-22 minutes.  Weird but considering his injury history, maybe this is best.

• Like 1

What does the Hawk's depth look like now?  Well, you can bet your sweet patuty that it looks different than it did when we started last season!

We all wanted this team to improve.  It has.  Naturally, not everyone approves of what has been done.  Playing time must now be earned.  Much as we may object, some new additions may be high priced bench players.  That's all right.  Injuries happen every NBA season and no player or team is exempt.

Who can best serve and best agree.  Who can play best with who?  Lloyd Pierce and his assistant coaches have their work cut out for them.  Right now, who is better?  How many teams in the east are better?  Sure, this Hawk team will loose games.  But, right now, they are so much better than they were when they were so bad.

Winning is fun.  I expect some fun this upcoming NBA season !!

:sun:

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Gray Mule said:

What does the Hawk's depth look like now?  Well, you can bet your sweet patuty that it looks different than it did when we started last season!

We all wanted this team to improve.  It has.  Naturally, not everyone approves of what has been done.  Playing time must now be earned.  Much as we may object, some new additions may be high priced bench players.  That's all right.  Injuries happen every NBA season and no player or team is exempt.

Who can best serve and best agree.  Who can play best with who?  Lloyd Pierce and his assistant coaches have their work cut out for them.  Right now, who is better?  How many teams in the east are better?  Sure, this Hawk team will loose games.  But, right now, they are so much better than they were when they were so bad.

Winning is fun.  I expect some fun this upcoming NBA season !!

:sun:

This is my With and Without Bogdan lineups:

PG: Young, Rondo, Goodwin
SG: Reddish, Huerter, Dunn, Mays
SF: Gallinari, Hunter, Snell
PF: Collins, Skal
😄 Capela, Fernando, Okongwu

PG: Young, Rondo, Goodwin
SG: Bogdan, Huerter, Dunn, Mays
SF: Hunter, Reddish,
PF: Collins, Gallinari, Skal
😄 Capela, Fernando, Okongwu
(I've assumed Snell gets traded in SnT for Bogi)

• Like 1

Minutes (with Bogdon):

PG - Trae 30  Rondo 18
SG - Bogdon 30 Huerter 18
SF - Cam 24 Hunter 24
C  - Capella 30 Collins 6 Gwu 12
PF - Collins 24 Gallo 24

Dunn gets minutes here and there.  Others play only in blowouts and injuries.

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

So you're going to put the 61 Million dollar man on the bench?

If Capela is starting.  61 Million dollars replaces either Collins or Hunter/Cam in the Starting lineup. 

If he goes to the 3... defense suffers. 

I'm going to play the best player...Collins.  No way that Gallinari starts instead of him.

• Like 2

Yep.  How big your check is should not determine whether you start on the floor or on the bench.  If you can, then you can.  If you can't, then you can't.  

Our 61 million dollar man has had injury problems.  We want him healthy for the playoffs.  No point in killing any Hawk with too much playing time.

😃

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, LongTimeFan said:

Minutes (with Bogdon):

PG - Trae 30  Rondo 18
SG - Bogdon 30 Huerter 18
SF - Cam 24 Hunter 24
C  - Capella 30 Collins 6 Gwu 12
PF - Collins 24 Gallo 24

Dunn gets minutes here and there.  Others play only in blowouts and injuries.

Y'all keep putting Cam in the starting line up when he couldn't even beat out Huerter last year.