• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2020-21 The Current Ask Supes

Gray Mule

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Note: If Atlanta trades Bogi and Snell for DeRozan. Atlanta work to resign DeRozan

Thanks. This one doesn't work in the trade machine though. Salaries don't match. Atlanta has to add a couple more pieces to make the contracts work. 

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, Spacejam said:

Thanks. This one doesn't work in the trade machine though. Salaries don't match. Atlanta has to add a couple more pieces to make the contracts work. 

Atlanta is sending out $30 million combined between Snell ($12) and Bogi ($18).  DeRozan is making $27 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators

So we'd start Trae/Hunter/DD/JC/Capela?   Is that the best lineup in the east outside of BKN?

1 minute ago, Spacejam said:

Yeah, I see that but ESPN is saying it doesn't work for some reason. Really weird:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yger9rmy

weird.  worked here:  https://tradenba.com/trades/LgwxkN2kP

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Spacejam said:

Yeah, I see that but ESPN is saying it doesn't work for some reason. Really weird:

Sometimes that trade checker goes nuts :laugh1:.  I always check 2

4 minutes ago, Spacejam said:

4 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

So we'd start Trae/Hunter/DD/JC/Capela?   Is that the best lineup in the east outside of BKN?

weird.  worked here:  https://tradenba.com/trades/LgwxkN2kP

here too.........NBA Trade Checker - Saved Trade - RealGM

• Premium Member

Interesting. I won

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Sometimes that trade checker goes nuts :laugh1:.  I always check 2

here too.........NBA Trade Checker - Saved Trade - RealGM

Interesting. Thanks, guys!

I wonder how likely is this to happen. Also, I wonder if LMA is going to be bought out or if the Spurs can find a trade partner. 

• Premium Member
Just now, macdaddy said:

Who?  Sixers, Bucks i guess.  They both have the best player but not sure if all 5 are collectively as good.   

Sixers defense is very very good.  And they have good shooters on offense and Ben is a solid playmaker.  Embiid run at MVP speaks for itself.  I definitely put them above that roster where we add Derozan at this point in time.  Bucks probably less dynamic on offense but they're also an elite defense.  That entire team has length and Holiday/Middleton are two of the perennially disrespected defenders imo.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Toronto might not have one of these key guys past Wednesday. 

FVV

Siakam

Lowry

Powell could be all gone.

Clippers don't have much to offer but they are being extremely aggressive trying to land a PG.

Siakam was fined by the Raptors just now for a "verbal altercation" with his coach. $50k.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

More heat:

I do have an update on DeRozan. Charlotte is in on him as they been the last two years. They like the idea of Hayward, Ball, and DeRozan. 

I am hearing DeRozan will be dirt cheap too. Like, dirt cheap. He could be had to a average potential younger prospect (Monk, Knight, Bruno) and an expiring contract and they would prefer is an useful rotational player if available. DeRozan is basically how should I put it, heavily discounted. 

If Atlanta does trade Bogi. It will be for DeRozan in my eyes and no, Atlanta has not made an offer for DeRozan. Although they have spoke to San Antonio about him. 

Oladipo I am being told is massively overpriced. Teams expect his value to come down or Houston will keep him. He might not be traded after all. There is this idea Houston still wants to win games. They don't want to rebuild. He is saying people don't think Houston is truly selling. They want a lot of value in return.

Charlotte is willing to move Rozier for an all star level big man. They offered Rozier to Atlanta for JC/Snell as well. They are targeting Sabonis and Turner from Indy. 

If Atlanta makes a move, Bogi for DeRozan might be as good as it gets. 

How is that a good deal for us?  He is getting worse on defense by the year and has really become a big liability there.

2020-21 SA defense with DD on Court is 9.4 points worse than when he is off the court

2019-20 SA defense with DD on Court is 6.1 points worse than when he is off the court

2018-19 SA defense with DD on Court is 2.2 points worse than when he is off the court

2017-18 TOR defense with DD on the Court is 5.5 points worse than when he is off the court

2016-17 TOR defense with DD on the Court is 5.9 points worse than when he is off the court

(Two of the last three seasons SA's offense was also worse when he was on the court.)

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Why would we trade for Derozan and not just keep Bogie?

This.  I don't know why we would want that trade, especially if we had to give up Snell as well to make it happen.  Bogi for DD is already suspect in my mind.  His lack of 3pt range is a problem on offense and  his defense is abysmal.  His midrange game is fantastic but that just isn't enough to live with his defense, imo.

• Like 2

• Moderators
Just now, AHF said:

How is that a good deal for us?  He is getting worse on defense by the year and has really become a big liability there.

2020-21 SA defense with DD on Court is 9.4 points worse than when he is off the court

2019-20 SA defense with DD on Court is 6.1 points worse than when he is off the court

2018-19 SA defense with DD on Court is 2.2 points worse than when he is off the court

2017-18 TOR defense with DD on the Court is 5.5 points worse than when he is off the court

2016-17 TOR defense with DD on the Court is 5.9 points worse than when he is off the court

(Two of the last three seasons SA's offense was also worse when he was on the court.)

Wow.  that surprises me.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

Derozan is arguably much better than Bogi.   And he's having a great year averaging 20/7 assists.  Only 3 years older than Bogi.   DD isn't as good a 3 point shooter but better at pretty much everything else.

Isn't he going to be 32 this year?