• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2020-21 The Current Ask Supes

Gray Mule

• Moderators
7 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Tobias Harris guarded by (the self proclaimed best defender in NBA history) Draymond had 25 points on 9/18 FG, 13 boards and 4 assists/ +22 Tobias has never been an all star player in his 10 year career in the league. 

Draymond 6 points 2/7FG, 9 boards and 6 assists/-20. 3 time all star. 

Triple single lives on!

Yappin too much that’s what happens.

Some think we shouldn't pay JC as much as what Dray is getting.

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

Some think we shouldn't pay JC as much as what Dray is getting.

If memory serves correctly I believe Draymond got 4/100 deal. That’s what I want to pay JC. 4 years and 100 seems fair for both sides. Meet me in the middle.

• Like 2

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, thecampster said:

I've been formulating this post for days about how I feel about JC, Dunn, Cam or other Hawks and potential trade targets.  As the Squawk matures, there are a lot of us who have been through the wars and remember a time when 19 year olds didn't burst into the league. So here are a few thoughts as the deadline nears.

Many years ago, you didn't enter the league until at least 21 and you road the bench or developed your first 2 years. You weren't seen as league ready until 23-25. There is a reason for this. Shoulders spread, your base improves and you can handle half court sets much better. Your decision making improves after 25 and you are at your physical peak for 5 or so years.

There has been a lot of talk about moving certain Hawks or about injury concerns or players having heart. I am not a fan of giving up on anyone before the age of 25. Because of the way the cap is structured, this forces teams to make decisions on players (like Bagley) before they hit that magical 25 year old marker. If I were the GM, I would go back to the old philosophy of trying to accumulate as many assets as I could in the 25-30 year old category. You don't know what you have until a player is at least 23-25.

A good example of this is Clint Capela who is only now starting to play his best basketball at the age of 26. The game has changed, but the criteria for player peaks has not. If I'm the Hawks, I'm trying to get as much value in the 25-30 year old age bracket while getting back max value for my more mature or failing to develop talent. Just my two cents.

Yes!  Anyone remember Jermaine O'neal in Portland?   Dude looked like he didn't belong in the league at 18,19,20,21.   Ended up with an 18 year career.  

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, thecampster said:

I've been formulating this post for days about how I feel about JC, Dunn, Cam or other Hawks and potential trade targets.  As the Squawk matures, there are a lot of us who have been through the wars and remember a time when 19 year olds didn't burst into the league. So here are a few thoughts as the deadline nears.

Many years ago, you didn't enter the league until at least 21 and you road the bench or developed your first 2 years. You weren't seen as league ready until 23-25. There is a reason for this. Shoulders spread, your base improves and you can handle half court sets much better. Your decision making improves after 25 and you are at your physical peak for 5 or so years.

There has been a lot of talk about moving certain Hawks or about injury concerns or players having heart. I am not a fan of giving up on anyone before the age of 25. Because of the way the cap is structured, this forces teams to make decisions on players (like Bagley) before they hit that magical 25 year old marker. If I were the GM, I would go back to the old philosophy of trying to accumulate as many assets as I could in the 25-30 year old category. You don't know what you have until a player is at least 23-25.

A good example of this is Clint Capela who is only now starting to play his best basketball at the age of 26. The game has changed, but the criteria for player peaks has not. If I'm the Hawks, I'm trying to get as much value in the 25-30 year old age bracket while getting back max value for my more mature or failing to develop talent. Just my two cents.

On top of that,  bigs usually develop slower than smaller players. One of the reasons I find it comical that some posters are already poo pooing on OO17.

• Like 1

thecampster:  Our new, as yet unused by us, Kris Dunn is 26 years old.  That puts him in your "just right" listing.  Hoping to get to see him on the floor, as a Hawk, soon!

:MooseGoggles:

Atlanta has discussed deals for Malcolm Brogdon, but Brogdon’s contract (he is owed $44 million over the next two seasons) and injury history make a deal unlikely.

FYI this was a legit rumor and there is a framework where it will work. Both sides are hesitant.
Edited by thecampster
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, thecampster said:
Atlanta has discussed deals for Malcolm Brogdon, but Brogdon’s contract (he is owed $44 million over the next two seasons) and injury history make a deal unlikely.

FYI this was a legit rumor and there is a framework where it will work. Both sides are hesitant.

Are you able to share who we "hypothetically" <cough> might look to be including from our side? 

1 minute ago, RandomFan said:

Are you able to share who we "hypothetically" <cough> might look to be including from our side? 

There are a few options discussed. All have us including a heavily protected pick.  Snell + Rondo works but they feel that price is too high. 

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

Most likely Bogdan to match salaries. Bogdon is making $22 million, Bogi $18 million.  But if Indy is looking to cut salary - expiring contracts.

A Pacers fan posted that Brogdon was the reason Nate got fired - I never heard that so TIFWIW.

2 minutes ago, thecampster said:

There are a few options discussed. All have us including a heavily protected pick.  Snell + Rondo works but they feel that price is too high. 

Pfft!! I'd snatch their arm out of the socket grabbing for that trade so fast.

😆

Edited by RandomFan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2