• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2020-21 The Current Ask Supes

Gray Mule

1 minute ago, thecampster said:

Collins career 2 pt % is 61.2%, Gordon is 50.7%.  Simple math, every 100 shots, Collins scores 20 more points.  Typical NBA team takes 90 shots a night....Collins FG% vs Gordon = 18 more points scored per game.

Simple question,  has AG ever been setup for easy buckets like JC is with Trae? Kind of disingenuous to compare those stats when we all know the answer is no. 

Especially when between the two of them AG is the only one of them that can initiate their own offense even a little bit. 

Collins and Gordon are not comparable to me. Gordon is a combo forward similar to a Julius Randle. Collins is a big. So using criteria like ball handling and passing when Collins is a post player and Gordon is a perimeter Forward, is not useful to me.

As far as fit. Swapping the two leaves us needing another Center or low post guy to spell Capela as you most certainly cannot use Gordon as a small ball 5 the way you can with Collins.

All of our bigs tend to get banged up pretty easily and miss games. Collins is our only player to not miss a game all season. His value is in his versatility from a roster and rotation stand point. We are pretty deep on the wings, Gordon would only be used as a 4 and nothing else. I feel him and Dre are redundant almost.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, RandomFan said:

Simple question,  has AG ever been setup for easy buckets like JC is with Trae? Kind of disingenuous to compare those stats when we all know the answer is no. 

Especially when between the two of them AG is the only one of them that can initiate their own offense even a little bit. 

John's back to the basket game is better as well.  John is one of a handful of power forwards in the game who can reliably post up his defender, score over and around him at a better efg than most 3pt shooters.  John is a run stopper pure and simple. If you need a bucket, you dump it down to him. I could easily make the case we miss out on offensive opportunities every game by being so Trae centric. Collins and Gallo both can just get a bucket in the low post due to their size/skills. That's a dying breed.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

I have said it before, but knowing how to get open and make yourself a target  is a skill in itself. AG, because he is more of a wing than a big, does not have the same feel for setting and slipping screens, or positioning himself in the post to get entry passes. JC isn't just a recipient of Trae's passing, he makes it easy for Trae by being a great target with great hands.

Edited by RedDawg#8
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, thecampster said:

On another note, pretty much every call the Hawks are getting has "what would it take to include Huerter in the deal" mentioned at some point. Everyone is asking what it would take to get red velvet.

.....and the answer is???

10 minutes ago, thecampster said:

On another note, pretty much every call the Hawks are getting has "what would it take to include Huerter in the deal" mentioned at some point. Everyone is asking what it would take to get red velvet.

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

.....and the answer is???

.......White Velvet? 

• Haha 2

59 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

He's asking about Aaron Gordon, not Hunter. And he's asking about prior years,  not currently. 

I do find it funny that both our eggsperts replied but failed to answer the actual question.

.... or did they chose not to?

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e474xxrsq28bzm7ars3ph

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47sbto7dza1qju1l2pqm

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Collins and Gordon are not comparable to me. Gordon is a combo forward similar to a Julius Randle. Collins is a big. So using criteria like ball handling and passing when Collins is a post player and Gordon is a perimeter Forward, is not useful to me.

As far as fit. Swapping the two leaves us needing another Center or low post guy to spell Capela as you most certainly cannot use Gordon as a small ball 5 the way you can with Collins.

All of our bigs tend to get banged up pretty easily and miss games. Collins is our only player to not miss a game all season. His value is in his versatility from a roster and rotation stand point. We are pretty deep on the wings, Gordon would only be used as a 4 and nothing else. I feel him and Dre are redundant almost.

You can't be serious about Gordan and Collins being in the same tier man. Come on bro...

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, gHost83 said:

You can't be serious about Gordan and Collins being in the same tier man. Come on bro...

I said they aren't comparable as they play separate styles. Swapping the 2 diminishes our big man rotation by adding a perimeter forward to a crowded rotation and removing our small ball 5.

It's not about tiers for me, its roster construction. We would have Capela as the only competitive big man on the roster, and he misses games frequently, which Collins helps to offset by not missing any games. I think it creates a bigger hole than people  realize.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Latest Hawks Update Only: 

JC off the market. 

Cam and Kevin are the names teams have called about the most and the Hawks have no had any interest in moving them. Kevin in particular is getting a ton of calls. Atlanta really doesn't have interest in trading either player. 

My guy was wrong about Bogi. While Atlanta is listening on calls, Bogi had interest in seeing what's available as he did not like his role. I think campster talked about this. But he's seemed to be one that likes things now and wants to stay. Bogi's offers have been, well underwhelming. 

Tony Snell is the most likely to be moved because he's shooting lights out as a rotational 3&D wing and teams are interested in him a lot. Atlanta is leaning towards keeping him at this time. 

Four names have been mentioned by him that Atlanta had interest within a reasonable price: DeMar DeRozan, Otto Porter Jr, Doug McDermott, and Hawks legend, Paul Millsap. These are four guys Atlanta has shown interest too but their willingness to trade anything more Snell has been slim to none. The reason why Snell has been a key mention is because of the obvious, he doesn't fit into their future plans. The options are very limited for the Hawks and it's unlikely we see any moves. Bogi as I mentioned early wants to stay. He's going to be here for awhile. There is a chance he might be moved in the offseason if teams need a starting SG and they are willing to pay what Atlanta finds suitable. 

The only rumor I've heard is Whiteside for Bruno 2nd rounder that might happen. 

Yikes! Gonna be a boring night and day tomorrow. Thanks, Supes. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Four names have been mentioned by him that Atlanta had interest within a reasonable price: and Hawks legend, Paul Millsap.

Would have LOVED to get Millsap back and have him be our elder statesman through the twilight years of his career. But he's currently in a better situation for him. 

But thinking about it, that move would really only make sense as a contingency plan if JC had been traded. Or am I missing something here. I guess if they want to play Gallo more minutes at backup 5 instead of 4 that would open some stuff up for Paul, but that's less than ideal for sure. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

Would have LOVED to get Millsap back and have him be our elder statesman through the twilight years of his career. But he's currently in a better situation for him. 

But thinking about it, that move would really only make sense as a contingency plan if JC had been traded. Or am I missing something here. I guess if they want to play Gallo more minutes at backup 5 instead of 4 that would open some stuff up for Paul, but that's less than ideal for sure. 

Yes, bring Sap home. Top 20 Hawk all time.